Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be some of the best games this season?
Super-Card Wrote:Show me anyone in Eastern KY (other than Rusell) who has a record that looks much better against them. SC plays them as well as anyone and they always have good games which is what this is about.
No one else has a record much better than that against Belfry, BUT that still doesn't change the fact that they are still not on the same level s the Pirates. Nothing to be ashamed of, they are just that good.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No one else has a record much better than that against Belfry, BUT that still doesn't change the fact that they are still not on the same level s the Pirates. Nothing to be ashamed of, they are just that good.

This is not about if SC is going to beat Belfry. This is about it being a good game. It will be a good game. I'm not saying SC will win, but it will be a good game. The title of the thread is What will be some of the best games this season? Not, Will SC beat Belfry?
jetpilot Wrote:The best game in the mountains to be at this year IMO will be Letcher Central and Harlan County. Two legends in Howard and Larkey and two programs who will be a force. And all the Harlan Co. folks making the trip for their first game.

I think Harlan County vs. LCC will be one of the best games, simply because it will be Harlan County's first. I'm really excited about the possible fan support this new school and football team will have.

The best game may end up being the Black Bears first home game;

Breathitt County!

Coach Larkey should have most of the kinks worked out by then.
Super-Card Wrote:This is not about if SC is going to beat Belfry. This is about it being a good game. It will be a good game. I'm not saying SC will win, but it will be a good game. The title of the thread is What will be some of the best games this season? Not, Will SC beat Belfry?
Where in my post did I say anything about that? Outside of one game, all the others have been blowouts. So, while SC may have the best showings against Belfry, it doesn't mean they have been "good games".
Pikeville and Corbin in the PCB should be a good one.
HAZARD vs. LCA REMATCH!!!!! DEFINITELY!!!!
Hazard vs. Lynn Camp--payback for the way they treated us last year....and Hazard vs. Johnson Central....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry vs. SC since 2000
2003 Belfry 21 SC 0
2004 Belfry 47 SC 8
2005 Belfry 47 SC 7
2005 Belfry 38 SC 12
2006 SC 35 Belfry 29
2007 Belfry 42 SC 6
2007 Belfry 34 SC 7

Super-Card Wrote:SC plays them as well as anyone and they always have good games which is what this is about.

Panther Thunder Wrote:Outside of one game, all the others have been blowouts. So, while SC may have the best showings against Belfry, it doesn't mean they have been "good games".

Sorry, Super-Card, I have to side with the other two members here. You say that they always have good games, but I don't see it. A "good game" in my book is one in which both teams have a chance to win, and the contest does not end in a blowout. I see one game out of the seven listed that qualifies as a "good game", the SC win in 2006. All the Belfry wins were by margins no smaller than 26 points.

Granted, staying within 26 points of Belfry is more than can be said for some other area teams. But that still doesn't make it a good game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What about Allen Central vs South Floyd thats always a good game or South Floyd vs Paintsville...South Floyd about beat Paintsville last year
I would love to see the not so impressive cougars scrimmage those mighty SC-CARDS.Then we would see just how bad those cougars really are.
Clark County Vs. Montgomery County that is always a good game. The rec. bowl oldest bowl game in the state of kentucky.
My surprise game of the year is BC vs Russell. I think BC will be pretty good this year. That Wilson kid is an animal, and they always seem to catch Russell off guard. Not to mention I think like 50 former Russell players coach at Bc. So they know the weak points in Russell's O and D.
Letcher Central and Clay County without a doubt.
I, myself, am pretty anxious to see Johnson Central play that team out of Canada... I'm pretty sure they were the Canadian National Champions last year... Anyone know anything about this one?
LCC & HCC will be a good ticket..I invision a full house in Letcher Co. Looking forward to seeing the Bears away uniforms. I think the contrast between both school colors will be very dramatic and allow the fans who do not know the game so well to get a better idea of how things play out.Also LCC & Clay Co.