Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What will be some of the best games this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
district games, playoffs, dosn't matter just the best most entertaining football games.
Belfry-Sheldon Clark
Belfry vs. SC is always a good game to watch.
RUSSELL-BELFRY !!!!!!!!!!
No brainer there huh???
Russell vs LewisSmile

Wheelersburg vs Greenup

Russell vs Raceland

Russell vs Mason

Russell vs Simon Kenton

Ironton vs Ashland

Russell vs Ashland
kybaseball Wrote:Russell vs LewisSmile

Wheelersburg vs Greenup

Russell vs Raceland

Russell vs Mason

Russell vs Simon Kenton

Ironton vs Ashland

Russell vs Ashland

I dont think Wheelersburg and greenup will be a game at all!Wheelersburg will win hands down! and i certainly dont think Ironton and Ashland will be a game, Ironton will win
Us and Beechwood will be a great game if you feel like traveling to Cincy.
Cards09 Wrote:Belfry-Sheldon Clark

NIKE2010 Wrote:Belfry vs. SC is always a good game to watch.

I'm sorry guys but a few years ago these two had some pretty good games against one another, but just like last, Belfry is way too many touchdowns better than the Cards.

Off the top of my head...

Prestonsburg vs. Breathitt County
Prestonsburg vs. Beechwood
Letcher Central vs. Clay County
Middlesboro vs. Corbin
Russell vs. Mason County
Russell vs. Ashland Blazer
Johnson Central vs. Woodford County
Johnson Central vs. Hazard
Hazard vs. Lexington Christian
Highlands vs. Covington Catholic
Beechwood vs. Covington Catholic
Warren Central vs. Bowling Green
Pikeville vs. Paintsville
North Laurel vs. South Laurel
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry guys but a few years ago these two had some pretty good games against one another, but just like last, Belfry is way too many touchdowns better than the Cards.

Middlesboro vs. Corbin
Russell vs. Mason County

Did you mean Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg? Pikeville will look to avenge last year's loss (the first in quite awhile) to P'burg with a bunch of people out. Should be a great one.
On the other hand, Pikeville outscored Paintsville 75-0 in two games last year, and will most likely do the same to the Tigers this year.
Pikeville v.s. Corbin in the pike county bowl will be a good match up
jetpilot Wrote:Did you mean Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg? Pikeville will look to avenge last year's loss (the first in quite awhile) to P'burg with a bunch of people out. Should be a great one.
On the other hand, Pikeville outscored Paintsville 75-0 in two games last year, and will most likely do the same to the Tigers this year.

No, I didn't make a mistake. Prestonsburg made the big plays last year on defense and offense to defeat Pikeville, the Panthers offense couldn't do anything in that game, if they had Tim Honaker then it could have made somewhat of a difference but I believe Prestonsburg was the better team last season. Back to the Paintsville game... I believe that the Tigers can give Pikeville a run for there money this season, but it could end up being another Pikeville blow-out also.
Best Non-District Matchups

Hazard vs. Green County- Both teams went undefeated in the regular season in their respected classes, Green County could be a Top 5 2A team, Hazard should be a Top 5 1A team.

Johnson Central vs. Belfry- Possibly the most anticipated regular season matchup last season ended up being dominated by Belfry. This year it is at JC.

Pburg vs. Breathitt- Old 2A rivals reunite. These two used to go at it in the old classification, should be no love lost here.

Hazard vs. LCA- Rematch of last year's 1A State Semi-Finals. Two Top 5 teams.

Harlan County vs. Letcher Central- LCC should ahyve an excellent football team. Harlan County is an intriguing mystery.
A lot of people in Harlan County are hoping that Letcher Central will be a good game. This will be Harlan County's first live action game they will play toghether so they may have a few bugs, but eveyone expects Tom Larkey to field a sound team. It's not like these kids have never seen a football, they come from good programs the bugs will be them getting used to one another. First game ever should be a lot of Bears fans traveling accross the mountain.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry guys but a few years ago these two had some pretty good games against one another, but just like last, Belfry is way too many touchdowns better than the Cards.

Middlesboro vs. Corbin
Russell vs. Mason County

Wow now. Easy there.
Last year Belfry beat a SC team (twice) that was hit hard by the injury bug. In the playoffs SC was missing 5 of the top 10-12 players. One of wich was a 1,000 yd rusher the year before. Another was the 2nd leading tackler on the team. The regular season game was only one players 1st game back from injury and anothers 2nd. The year before that SC beat Belfry. So the idea of it being a good game is not that far fetched.
I'd like to see anyone beat Belfry with 5 starters out, 3 of which played both ways so it would look more like 8. Not saying SC will win, but it will be a good game like always.
Personally, I think the Dunbar vs. Tates Creek game in week 5 will be one to watch in Central Kentucky. It may get interesting!
Super-Card Wrote:Wow now. Easy there.
Last year Belfry beat a SC team (twice) that was hit hard by the injury bug. In the playoffs SC was missing 5 of the top 10-12 players. One of wich was a 1,000 yd rusher the year before. Another was the 2nd leading tackler on the team. The regular season game was only one players 1st game back from injury and anothers 2nd. The year before that SC beat Belfry. So the idea of it being a good game is not that far fetched.
I'd like to see anyone beat Belfry with 5 starters out, 3 of which played both ways so it would look more like 8. Not saying SC will win, but it will be a good game like always.

idc how many either has out, i don't see belfry getting beat by sheldon clark.
Belfry vs. SC since 2000
2003 Belfry 21 SC 0
2004 Belfry 47 SC 8
2005 Belfry 47 SC 7
2005 Belfry 38 SC 12
2006 SC 35 Belfry 29
2007 Belfry 42 SC 6
2007 Belfry 34 SC 7
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry vs. SC since 2000
2003 Belfry 21 SC 0
2004 Belfry 47 SC 8
2005 Belfry 47 SC 7
2005 Belfry 38 SC 12
2006 SC 35 Belfry 29
2007 Belfry 42 SC 6
2007 Belfry 34 SC 7

Im beginning to see a trend...LOLBig Grin
LCC and anyone
RedSeal Wrote:I dont think Wheelersburg and greenup will be a game at all!Wheelersburg will win hands down! and i certainly dont think Ironton and Ashland will be a game, Ironton will win

Opinons vary Smile

i think both games will be excellent games,they will draw high interest b/c they are interstate games. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russell @ Ashland Blazer 9/19
  • Russell @ Simon Kenton 10/17
Devil09 Wrote:Russell @ Ashland Blazer 9/19
  • Russell @ Simon Kenton 10/17

Go Devils.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No, I didn't make a mistake. Prestonsburg made the big plays last year on defense and offense to defeat Pikeville, the Panthers offense couldn't do anything in that game, if they had Tim Honaker then it could have made somewhat of a difference but I believe Prestonsburg was the better team last season. Back to the Paintsville game... I believe that the Tigers can give Pikeville a run for there money this season, but it could end up being another Pikeville blow-out also.

Nevertheless, Pikeville/Prestonsburg will be the great game and Pikeville/Paintsville will be a rout.
The best game in the mountains to be at this year IMO will be Letcher Central and Harlan County. Two legends in Howard and Larkey and two programs who will be a force. And all the Harlan Co. folks making the trip for their first game.
Jason Howell Wrote:Personally, I think the Dunbar vs. Tates Creek game in week 5 will be one to watch in Central Kentucky. It may get interesting!

How's it looking for Dunbar?
Not sure what that JC and Belfry will be that good of a game. Can't hold up to Belfry.
jetpilot Wrote:Did you mean Pikeville vs. Prestonsburg? Pikeville will look to avenge last year's loss (the first in quite awhile) to P'burg with a bunch of people out. Should be a great one.

Pikeville had beat us 3 years in a row..this year,we are looking to average our loss last year to pikeville also.
Breathitt Co. Vs. Johnson Central
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry vs. SC since 2000
2003 Belfry 21 SC 0
2004 Belfry 47 SC 8
2005 Belfry 47 SC 7
2005 Belfry 38 SC 12
2006 SC 35 Belfry 29
2007 Belfry 42 SC 6
2007 Belfry 34 SC 7

Show me anyone in Eastern KY (other than Rusell) who has a record that looks much better against them. SC plays them as well as anyone and they always have good games which is what this is about.
Jason Howell Wrote:Personally, I think the Dunbar vs. Tates Creek game in week 5 will be one to watch in Central Kentucky. It may get interesting!
Go Dunbar!!! Already got my Dunbar shirt. Might have to catch that game.
Pages: 1 2