Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riverside Christian- 77 South Floyd- 74
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:AC will still have Prater and the Crowder twins

BL will have Martin, Head, and a host of talented younger players

P-burg, they may be able to beat, but they will still have T. Clark & Burchett

IMO I see SF finishing 3rd or 4th again in the confernce again next year. JMO

P-burg...Clark is a senior...They will have Jody Tackett and Burchett...

AC...Who else?:confused:

BL...Who else?..
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]Why he would go to AC is beyond me....but

[/INDENT]

Maybe because his father and cousin both graduated there and they are 1 of the best teams in the region and where else would you expect him to go
BballFan25 Wrote:Maybe because his father and cousin both graduated there and they are 1 of the best teams in the region and where else would you expect him to go

I understand the whole family thing...But what was the reason he came here, Im sure he was doing fine in WV or wherever he came from...:confused:
uhavenoidea Wrote:I understand the whole family thing...But what was the reason he came here, Im sure he was doing fine in WV or wherever he came from...:confused:

I heard his family wanted to move back here and they couldn't just leave him there plus everyone knows that ky is a better basketball state than wv but I heard he did do well in wv making 2nd team all state as a junior
uhavenoidea Wrote:P-burg...Clark is a senior...They will have Jody Tackett and Burchett...

AC...Who else?:confused:

BL...Who else?..

SF.... who else????

Who will the Raiders have next year that can make a difference?
BballFan25 Wrote:I heard his family wanted to move back here and they couldn't just leave him there plus everyone knows that ky is a better basketball state than wv but I heard he did do well in wv making 2nd team all state as a junior

My point exactly...Kentucky is a better basketball state, but why wait till your senior year, after you made 2nd team all-state your junior year to move hear...:confused:
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:SF.... who else????

Who will the Raiders have next year that can make a difference?

All those boys will have gained some much needed experience...When you return 99% of your team your not gonna be so bad..But, only time will tell...
Well i think that there is more to it than just basketball, i think one of his parents got a job up here and so that meant they had to move.
uhavenoidea Wrote:All those boys will have gained some much needed experience...When you return 99% of your team your not gonna be so bad..But, only time will tell...

Who???

SF still doesn't return anybody with the experience of J. Prater, the Crowder twins, T. Clark, Burchett, J. Tackett, or some of the players at BL. IMO that leaves them 3 or 4th again.
BballFan25 Wrote:Well i think that there is more to it than just basketball, i think one of his parents got a job up here and so that meant they had to move.

well the story just keeps on going doesnt it...
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Who???

SF still doesn't return anybody with the experience of J. Prater, the Crowder twins, T. Clark, Burchett, J. Tackett, or some of the players at BL. IMO that leaves them 3 or 4th again.

Once again, Clark is a senior...Like I said only time will tell...But you do some good points..
Well i dont know the whole story, if you are so interested, go ask him or his parents why he moved here.. i really dont think it has anything to do with things being talked about on here though. The fact of the matter is, he is at AC now and he is having a great year, and he is one reason the 58th district is so fun to watch this year, so what does it matter why he came?
BballFan25 Wrote:Well i dont know the whole story, if you are so interested, go ask him or his parents why he moved here.. i really dont think it has anything to do with things being talked about on here though. The fact of the matter is, he is at AC now and he is having a great year, and he is one reason the 58th district is so fun to watch this year, so what does it matter why he came?

Ok...yes he's here and doing great...But, it seems alittle funny that you make 2nd team all state in WV and then the following year you move to the school your cousin asst. coaches for...
Haha are you saying that a kid moved a few hours away to play basketball just because his cousin is an assistant coach? be realistic. i dont think a whole family would move to another state just so their child can play for a family member as an assist. coach, not even a head coach. I think someone is just envious..
uhavenoidea Wrote:Once again, Clark is a senior...Like I said only time will tell...But you do some good points..

I just don't think SF returns the KEY experience anyone else does in the district. IMO SF is at LEAST 2 more years away from challenging for the district. JMO
BballFan25 Wrote:Haha are you saying that a kid moved a few hours away to play basketball just because his cousin is an assistant coach? be realistic. i dont think a whole family would move to another state just so their child can play for a family member as an assist. coach, not even a head coach. I think someone is just envious..

Envious?...not close...Shawn tells Johnny....Johnny gets excited and says why not...Crum is in a AC uniform...Simple as that...Maybe they sold him on the idea that if they got him, they would go 2 state:confused:
haha it sounds to me like you are sitting there thinking of some crazy story to tell, just to get people to talk about it. do u honestly think a kid would move many hours away just because his cousin is an assistant coach?
BballFan25 Wrote:haha it sounds to me like you are sitting there thinking of some crazy story to tell, just to get people to talk about it. do u honestly think a kid would move many hours away just because his cousin is an assistant coach?

IM not thinking of some crazy story, i guess no one else knows he's a new player:confused: ...Not because of the assistant coach, but because he can play...If he couldnt would he be here(AC)...but he is a good ball player and not a bad young man...so lets leave it at that..
I agree, this has gotten out of hand already, lets just leave it at that.
BballFan25 Wrote:I agree, this has gotten out of hand already, lets just leave it at that.

Good deal:Thumbs:..
WOW, How did the SF vs. Riverside thread become the "Why is Crum at AC" thread?

People move or relocate all the time.
My Oh My. So much talk about so little a game. South Floyd picks up a game to roundout the season for their allotment and come up short. It was a different environment but one that can be counted on to remember for a few years. Plenty of things went on but all that can be said was the final results and that was a loss for SFHS. Wes Akers has been playing much better for the last several games and although having come up short in those except for the Betsy Layne game I think he is trying to get the other players involved more. He is a pretty good little player when he does this and alot of things he does goes without notice. It could not be the most ideal posititon to be in going into your last year knowing that the wins or win would be so few. Wes has played on two 15th Regional All A championship teams and also on one 58th District winner in his four years. Shelby Valley has had more in the last four, and Paintsville has now wne a couple of All A's but I don't think anyone else has any however I could be wrong. South Floyd has had a terrible year as far as wins or losses but I really think they will get better by next year and definitely the year after that they will be one of the better teams in the 15th. They can not compete against a Shelby Valley right now but how many in the 15th can? I have thought about that last game South Floyd played and that is about it, just a thought. Final thing was we got beat by Riverside Christian and now we play Pike Central tuesday. Riverside had a pretty good player inside that was about 6ft 6in. This is just high school basketball in the end and not a war amongst ourselves. We just got beat.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Who???

Taylor Clark is a senior....Josh Prater is the only player with more than one year of varsity experience on the Rebels, this is the first year the Crowders have got to play.
Next year will be the first year, Burchett has to and will be the main guy at P-burg. Jody Tackett, this is his first full year of varsity basketball, next year he will have to develop into a second option for the Blackcats...Who on BL will have experience?...Adam Slone will be the only one with some quality varsity experience...Head, this is his first year and he will be expected to do alot more next year....Martin, needs to get stronger, point blank, IMO with more playing time, he will get pushed around and dogged on defense due to his lack of strength, but his a talented soph. and can shoot but is very streaky...Maldonado, will be the starting PG as a soph. more than likely which will bring a ton of pressure on him, i sure hope he's ready....Other than that BL has nobody with tons of experience and quality playing time...
[INDENT]
Wyatt Earp Wrote:My Oh My. So much talk about so little a game. South Floyd picks up a game to roundout the season for their allotment and come up short. It was a different environment but one that can be counted on to remember for a few years. Plenty of things went on but all that can be said was the final results and that was a loss for SFHS. Wes Akers has been playing much better for the last several games and although having come up short in those except for the Betsy Layne game I think he is trying to get the other players involved more. He is a pretty good little player when he does this and alot of things he does goes without notice. It could not be the most ideal posititon to be in going into your last year knowing that the wins or win would be so few. Wes has played on two 15th Regional All A championship teams and also on one 58th District winner in his four years. Shelby Valley has had more in the last four, and Paintsville has now wne a couple of All A's but I don't think anyone else has any however I could be wrong. South Floyd has had a terrible year as far as wins or losses but I really think they will get better by next year and definitely the year after that they will be one of the better teams in the 15th. They can not compete against a Shelby Valley right now but how many in the 15th can? I have thought about that last game South Floyd played and that is about it, just a thought. Final thing was we got beat by Riverside Christian and now we play Pike Central tuesday. Riverside had a pretty good player inside that was about 6ft 6in. This is just high school basketball in the end and not a war amongst ourselves. We just got beat.
Great post btw...

[/INDENT]