Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Riverside Christian- 77 South Floyd- 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Huge win for Riverside, unexpected to some people, but im really not surprised
I picked this one! Congrats Rams!....Any stats?
Very surprising victory for the Rams... Congrats!
Akers went out during the 2nd period with a ankle problem and did not return...with akers the raiders would have won this game hands down.
Riverside Christian beating South Floyd....5 years ago I would have said that this would never happen a long as I was alive and would have put my life on it...Thank God I didn't, lol. Big Congrats Riverside Christian!
Wow! Didn't expect this but Congrats Riverside.
great win and glad these kids got a win tonight
horrible game the refs wouldnt call anything there was 35 fouls called on SF and very few called on Riverside there was 5 people fouled out 4 people injured and at the end of the game there was only 7 players that could play for South Floyd the ref left riverside push elbow play as dirty as possible and if SF even touched someone they called a foul
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:horrible game the refs wouldnt call anything there was 35 fouls called on SF and very few called on Riverside there was 5 people fouled out 4 people injured and at the end of the game there was only 7 players that could play for South Floyd the ref left riverside push elbow play as dirty as possible and if SF even touched someone they called a foul

Riverside gets a big win over a county school for the first time in a long while. Congrats to them. This team works hard, and they deserved this game. They were up 18 at one time.

Does a team ever win without cheating on this board? C'mon!
Congrats to Riverside on beating SF.
Norm Wrote:Riverside gets a big win over a county school for the first time in a long while. Congrats to them. This team works hard, and they deserved this game. They were up 18 at one time.

Does a team ever win without cheating on this board? C'mon!

well if u dont belive me that's ur choice i could really not care cause ur opinion doesnt matter to me but i know that i was 1 of the players that got hurt and theu i have a brused kidney because i got pushed into the bleachers and nothing was called so yea i dont care what u think Big Grin Confusedhh:
Congrats
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:well if u dont belive me that's ur choice i could really not care cause ur opinion doesnt matter to me but i know that i was 1 of the players that got hurt and theu i have a brused kidney because i got pushed into the bleachers and nothing was called so yea i dont care what u think Big Grin Confusedhh:
Quit whining buddy! You all got beat by riverside it doesnt matter now what the refs done. I think this is the greatest thing i have heard in high school basketball in awhile!!! Very good win for a very respectable bunch of boys!
globetrotter12 Wrote:Quit whining buddy! You all got beat by riverside it doesnt matter now what the refs done. I think this is the greatest thing i have heard in high school basketball in awhile!!! Very good win for a very respectable bunch of boys!

im not whinning i was telling you how bad the game was. and i know we got beat im not stupid :Thumbs: ... and if u dont belive me that the refs were bad just ask anyone at the game...
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:im not whinning i was telling you how bad the game was. and i know we got beat im not stupid :Thumbs: ... and if u dont belive me that the refs were bad just ask anyone at the game...
Would the Riverside people say it was bad or just the South Floyd people?
Keep this on topic folks!
How did Napier do for Riverside?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Would the Riverside people say it was bad or just the South Floyd people?

Well of course the Riverside people wouldnt...thats a dumb question...

Here's few stats about the game...

Riverside-
Took 46 FT's
ONLY committed 12 fouls
Shot 23 FT's in the 4th.
Napier shot 16 FT's, had about 30pts.
#24 for RC(second best player) shot 18Ft's

SF-
Took 16 Ft's
Committed 35 fouls..
3 players fouled out, 4 players finished the game with 4 fouls each.
Wes Akers went down early in the 2nd and never returned, along with a few others that got injured.
They had to finish the game with seven players, 4 of which had 4 fouls each.

Not to mention a Ref got into a players face from SF and bumped him and said shut up boy...I also was told that Coach Barry Hall told an official he missed a call and his response was..Smile i missed one tonight:confused: Big Grin
uhavenoidea Wrote:Well of course the Riverside people wouldnt...thats a dumb question...

Riverside-
Took 46 FT's
ONLY committed 12 fouls
Shot 23 FT's in the 4th.

SF-
Took 16 Ft's
Committed 35 fouls..
Wes Akers went down early in the 2nd and never returned, along with a few others that got injured.

Not to mention a Ref got into a players face from SF and bumped him and said shut up boy...I also was told that Coach Barry Hall told an official he missed a call and his response was..Smile i missed one tonight:confused: Big Grin

finally someone with stats... now for those who told me to stop whinning because we lost there u go there's proof...
uhavenoidea Wrote:Well of course the Riverside people wouldnt...thats a dumb question...

Riverside-
Took 46 FT's
ONLY committed 12 fouls
Shot 23 FT's in the 4th.

SF-
Took 16 Ft's
Committed 35 fouls..

Well,Raider said to ask anyone there, so I was wondering. As far as the free throws are concerned, maybe South Floyd was shooting the 3's like it seems is their trademark anymore. You cant get to the line if you dont ever drive to the goal. On the same note, if Riverside was driving the lane and taking it to the goal, then that would explain the fouls on South Floyd. I am just saying that you cant look at a stat sheet and say if the game was called correctly. I am pretty sure that both teams videoed the game. You should get a copy from either South Floyd or Riverside and turn it over to the police if a ref got in a players face and bumped him. That would be battery...
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Well,Raider said to ask anyone there, so I was wondering. As far as the free throws are concerned, maybe South Floyd was shooting the 3's like it seems is their trademark anymore. You cant get to the line if you dont ever drive to the goal. On the same note, if Riverside was driving the lane and taking it to the goal, then that would explain the fouls on South Floyd. I am just saying that you cant look at a stat sheet and say if the game was called correctly. I am pretty sure that both teams videoed the game. You should get a copy from either South Floyd or Riverside and turn it over to the police if a ref got in a players face and bumped him. That would be battery...

Wes AKers was out of the game, so there wasnt alot of 3's shot...SF probably shot around 15 3's for the game...SO, no it wasnt because of the long bombs, that did them in...Because Riverside shot just as many or more.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:finally someone with stats... now for those who told me to stop whinning because we lost there u go there's proof...
So you think you can look at stat sheets and tell if a game was officiated right? About a month ago, Kentucky played a game where the other team didnt shoot a free throw until 2 minutes to go in the game. Looking at the stats, dont you think it would look like a unfair called game? But it was on national tv and two major college teams were playing. Looking at how many free throws were shot and fouls cant make it a good called or bad called game. Now dont get me wrong, I am not saying it was called right or called wrong. Most of the time on here the losing team blames it on the refs. I may be wrong, it could be home cooking going on, but most of the time it isnt.
I thought SF would have won this one, but with Akers going down it wasn't meant to be. IMO with Akers SF wins, but I could be wrong, who knows. SF played some of their best basketball this year with Akers on the bench against Prestonsburg. Anyway congrats Riverside. JMO
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:horrible game the refs wouldnt call anything there was 35 fouls called on SF and very few called on Riverside there was 5 people fouled out 4 people injured and at the end of the game there was only 7 players that could play for South Floyd the ref left riverside push elbow play as dirty as possible and if SF even touched someone they called a foul

Thats a typical game in the 15th Region isn't it? The refs there and the 13th make the 14th Region refs look like referee gods. Here's a good question, why would your own officials give you the shaft from a team out of the region? Congrats Riverside.
MANoWAR Wrote:Thats a typical game in the 15th Region isn't it? The refs there and the 13th make the 14th Region refs look like referee gods. Here's a good question, why would your own officials give you the shaft from a team out of the region? Congrats Riverside.

It was at Riverside...:Thumbs:
What happened to the 4 that got injured?
[INDENT]
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I thought SF would have won this one, but with Akers going down it wasn't meant to be. IMO with Akers SF wins, but I could be wrong, who knows. SF played some of their best basketball this year with Akers on the bench against Prestonsburg. Anyway congrats Riverside. JMO
I would have to disagree with you in that one....the raiders are better with him on the floor and there are far from being a better team without him on the floor.....not only becasue of him scoring but also his leadership...thats the biggest problem with this team in my opinion....Give coach hall some time he will have a contending team for the region in a couple of years....
[/INDENT]
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]I would have to disagree with you in that one....the raiders are better with him on the floor and there are far from being a better team without him on the floor.....not only becasue of him scoring but also his leadership...thats the biggest problem with this team in my opinion....Give coach hall some time he will have a contending team for the region in a couple of years....
[/INDENT]

They will be better because akers will be gone and as for leadership he supplies none because all he does is shoots the ball whenever he gets it and plays zero team ball so yes they do play better without him as a team.
[INDENT]
BballFan25 Wrote:They will be better because akers will be gone and as for leadership he supplies none because all he does is shoots the ball whenever he gets it and plays zero team ball so yes they do play better without him as a team.
Maybe in a couple years but not right now at this point in the season.....no1 else on that team can carry this team without akers on the court....

[/INDENT]
LIPS Wrote:[INDENT]Maybe in a couple years but not right now at this point in the season.....no1 else on that team can carry this team without akers on the court....

[/INDENT]

Carry what team they have 2 wins 1 of those by a forfit so it looks like they still need someone to carry them
Pages: 1 2 3