Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake Bundy nears 1,000 career points.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Guru Is there a regulation way to keep assists? I read on another thread that is pretty much up to the staff, is that true? Or, is there a mandatory guidline to follow in high school basketball?
Give me a minute, I know that the NHSAA has one, just seeing if it is online.
Hope you get it Blake...
Watchful Eye Wrote:Guru Is there a regulation way to keep assists? I read on another thread that is pretty much up to the staff, is that true? Or, is there a mandatory guidline to follow in high school basketball?

I cannot find it online but there is one.
I would use the one the NCAA uses as it would be my guess they are pretty much the same, and considering that nearly all rules and such are nearly the same, it is a safe bet that they are pretty close.
Of course it is up to the staff, but I just for the life of me cannot understand why a staff wouldn't want a player on their team to get every bit of the credit they could give them. I mean....does it make a team look bad if a player averages 8 assists a game by standards that are allowed, over 4 assists agame by standards that are a lot more scrutinized?
I watched a game last year and was keeping up with Blake's assists using the NCAA guidelines and I stopped counting in the third when he reached 10....Later I found out that his own school only had him down for 5 for the whole game.:confused:
Congrats....
congrats blake!!
Paintsville does not have a designated stat keeper. They pull people out of the stands to do the books most of the time. They try to keep Mr. Bolen but he isnt at all the games and he only counts the obvious assists, or what is an assist by his standards.

If only whoever keeps the books for the Stepp boy at JBS would of kept them for Blake, WOW..... he would be loaded and maybe even recognized for his worth to this team..... BMR can only promote one kid at a time.
BlueBells Wrote:Paintsville does not have a designated stat keeper. They pull people out of the stands to do the books most of the time. They try to keep Mr. Bolen but he isnt at all the games and he only counts the obvious assists, or what is an assist by his standards.

If only whoever keeps the books for the Stepp boy at JBS would of kept them for Blake, WOW..... he would be loaded and maybe even recognized for his worth to this team..... BMR can only promote one kid at a time.

what did you mean by that? your not saying bmr is giving blake the snub are you? i dont think he would do something like that...
Ive seen a snub orf two from where I sat.........if thats what you want to call it. There are times that are very questionable being on the outside looking in. GOOD JOB BLAKE.
OMG Wrote:what did you mean by that? your not saying bmr is giving blake the snub are you? i dont think he would do something like that...

Are you suggesting that snubbing is above BMR???? Because if you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sell real cheap.:lmao:
Are you sure you are using the word "snubbing" correctly? Maybe if that's the way it looks from where your setting it's a great thing that you are setting there and not in a position to make a horrible mistake with a basketball team that seems to be working "kinda" good together right now. This Paintsville team cracks me up sometimes. For the past four or five years they have tried to get where they are right now. "There" being the best team in the 15th region, state ranked and looking awful good at going to Rupp, just when everthing starts looking up for them "somebody" starts *****ing about the way the machine works. The machine has worked for a long time, if it ain't broke please don't start trying to fix it without a mechainic's license.
Would be a great milestone if Blake surpassed 1,000 points which he will. Good lucks go out to Bundy and the rest of the Paintsville team as tourney time closes in.
CONGRATS BLAKE!! YOU MAKE THE TEAM GO! And if Paintsville did keep stats like JBS you'd probably have 6,000. lol To end a season by reaching 1,000 points, being the assist king of the team and region IMO, and making the Tiger machine run at its best (not to mention a possible trip to Rupp) would be a great way to do it!! Congrats and good luck to Blake and the Tigers!!!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:CONGRATS BLAKE!! YOU MAKE THE TEAM GO! And if Paintsville did keep stats like JBS you'd probably have 6,000. lol To end a season by reaching 1,000 points, being the assist king of the team and region IMO, and making the Tiger machine run at its best (not to mention a possible trip to Rupp) would be a great way to do it!! Congrats and good luck to Blake and the Tigers!!!!

GREAT POST!:Thumbs: