Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake Bundy nears 1,000 career points.
Paintsville Sr. PG has scored 983 career points for the Tigers. This is a very high mark for a true PG, If I'm not mistaken only one other PG from Paintsville has achieved that mark, and that was Mike Minix('87). When he finally gets there, it will make the fourth of Paintsville's Seniors of '08 to reach thre "Milestone"
Landon Slone has around 2,600 points, J D Vanhoose is around 1,750, Shane Grimm 1,500.
A very special Sr. class if you ask me.
Good luck Blake and I will be pulling for ya against Pburg.....I sure would think it would be nice for him to be presented this award during Sr night next Friday!
Big Congrats to Black Bundy!!!
Wow!!!!! Impressive Class! JW, how many of the class/team that won the State tournament scored over 1000 points: Vanhoose and Tackett's class??
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Wow!!!!! Impressive Class! JW, how many of the class/team that won the State tournament scored over 1000 points: Vanhoose and Tackett's class??
Well.....I think the class of '96 had one (Craig Ratliff) '97 had Josh McKenzie, '98 had both Vanhoose and Tackett, JR over 3,000, Todd over 2,000.

The class of 1987 had John Pelfrey close to 3,000, Joey Couch over 2,000 and Mike Minix, over 1,000.
But I think this might be the first class ever at PHS with four guys that are going to graduate together and all scored at least 1,000 points.
I would say that there are very few single classes in the States history that have that many or more 1,000 point members.
The Guru Wrote:Well.....I think the class of '96 had one (Craig Ratliff) '97 had Josh McKenzie, '98 had both Vanhoose and Tackett, JR over 3,000, Todd over 2,000.

The class of 1987 had John Pelfrey close to 3,000, Joey Couch over 2,000 and Mike Minix, over 1,000.
But I think this might be the first class ever at PHS with four guys that are going to graduate together and all scored at least 1,000 points.
I would say that there are very few single classes in the States history that have that many or more 1,000 point members.
Could be there has never been too many classes where they all were able to start as 8th graders and freshmen too at the same time.

John Pelphrey's class also had that chance too. All 5 starters were freshmen at one time.

Makes a huge difference, having those two to three extra seasons.
The Guru Wrote:Well.....I think the class of '96 had one (Craig Ratliff) '97 had Josh McKenzie, '98 had both Vanhoose and Tackett, JR over 3,000, Todd over 2,000.

And the crazy thing is that Landon didn't play at Paintsville on the varsity team when he was in 8th grade like Blake, Grimmy and J.D. did. Those 3 started when they were in 8th grade for Paintsville's varsity.

As for Blake, I hope he gets his 1000th point, he truly does deserve it.
Redneck Wrote:And the crazy thing is that Landon didn't play at Paintsville on the varsity team when he was in 8th grade like Blake, Grimmy and J.D. did. Those 3 started when they were in 8th grade for Paintsville's varsity.

As for Blake, I hope he gets his 1000th point, he truly does deserve it.
Grimm wasn't even on the varsity team until his freshman year.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Could be there has never been too many classes where they all were able to start as 8th graders and freshmen too at the same time.
Didn't say that , that didn't help...lol

John Pelphrey's class also had that chance too. All 5 starters were freshmen at one time.
Well.....unless someone out there skipped their freshman year, I am pretty sure everyone was a freshman at one time! Wink

Makes a huge difference, having those two to three extra seasons.
The Guru Wrote:Grimm wasn't even on the varsity team until his freshman year.

Are you sure. I coulda swore he played quite a bit as an 8th grader??? I really don't remember cause I was only 1 year outta high school and didn't really get too many chance to watch em play. I thought Blake, J.D. and Grimmy all started as 8th graders. Oh well, we learn somethin new every day.
Redneck Wrote:Are you sure. I coulda swore he played quite a bit as an 8th grader??? I really don't remember cause I was only 1 year outta high school and didn't really get too many chance to watch em play. I thought Blake, J.D. and Grimmy all started as 8th graders. Oh well, we learn somethin new every day.
Grimmie was held back in the eighth grade and so was not eligible til he entered HS.
The Guru Wrote:Grimmie was held back in the eighth grade and so was not eligible til he entered HS.

Holy ****, I completely forgot about that. I'm sure glad he was held back, cause if he wasn't Pour boys would be in a world of hurt, just like they were against Lex Cath without Blake.
Redneck Wrote:Holy ****, I completely forgot about that. I'm sure glad he was held back, cause if he wasn't Pour boys would be in a world of hurt, just like they were against Lex Cath without Blake.
That's why I am The Guru.....I remember all this useless crap!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:That's why I am The Guru.....I remember all this useless crap!Big Grin

And your reason for blessing all of us with this "useless crap" is???? What did all of us ever do to make you so mad? :confused: Big Grin
CONGRATS to a fine young man... well deserved... Didnt he only play 1/2 a season his freshman or sophmore year due to having a surgery......
Check the stats guru because I don't know how many he scored, just pretty sure it was 1000.

Bob Porter was your first point to score 1000 points. I'm not sure if it's on record, but I can't imagine that he didn't.

I can't find those stats the JR did one time on the Paintsville Alumni site. Of course, he had me with 996 pts which I contend was wrong. Otherwise, that basketball at the High School and that whole deal they made about me scoring 1000 when I was a senior sure looks silly. If I only cared, I'd do something about it, lol.

Anyway, Guru, do you know where to find out those stats about Dad?
Big Jim Wrote:Check the stats guru because I don't know how many he scored, just pretty sure it was 1000.

Bob Porter was your first point to score 1000 points. I'm not sure if it's on record, but I can't imagine that he didn't.

I can't find those stats the JR did one time on the Paintsville Alumni site. Of course, he had me with 996 pts which I contend was wrong. Otherwise, that basketball at the High School and that whole deal they made about me scoring 1000 when I was a senior sure looks silly. If I only cared, I'd do something about it, lol.

Anyway, Guru, do you know where to find out those stats about Dad?
Did Bob play PG? I thought Little Mike was the first and only PG we had to score 1,000.
I will check and report.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:And your reason for blessing all of us with this "useless crap" is???? What did all of us ever do to make you so mad? :confused: Big Grin
Everybody needs a little dose of nonsense every now and then....I just prefer to putout a lot more than little!:1:
That's great!!!! I am so excited for Blake he deserves some recognition he works hard and can jump like no other!!!! Also just wondering how many assists this kid has!!! Any records out there that he is close to reaching or beating??? It seems like he should have a ton...just wondering!!
gettheball Wrote:That's great!!!! I am so excited for Blake he deserves some recognition he works hard and can jump like no other!!!! Also just wondering how many assists this kid has!!! Any records out there that he is close to reaching or beating??? It seems like he should have a ton...just wondering!!
Paintsville doesn't keep up with little ole stats like assists...His actual total would be somewhere around 600, but I think they have him somewhere around 400.
But remember that PHS doesn't count it if a dribble or a step is taken.
I don't know all the little nit picky stuff about basketball but what does the rule book say??? That's just sad if they don't give him credit where credit is due...Sad
gettheball Wrote:I don't know all the little nit picky stuff about basketball but what does the rule book say??? That's just sad if they don't give him credit where credit is due...Sad

2005 NCAA statistics manual.

SECTION 5—ASSISTS
A player is credited with an assist when the player makes, in the judgment
of the statistician, the principal pass contributing directly to a field goal
(or an awarded score of two or three points). Only one assist is to be credited
on any field goal and only when the pass was a major part of the play.
Such a pass should be either (a) a pass that finds a player free after he
or she has maneuvered without the ball for a positional advantage, or (b) a
pass that gives the receiving player a positional advantage he or she otherwise
would not have had.
Philosophy.
An assist should be more than a routine pass that just happens
to be followed by a field goal. It should be a conscious effort to find
the open player or to help a player work free. There should not be a limit on
the number of dribbles by the receiver. It is not even necessary that the
assist be given on the last pass.There is no restraint on the distance or type
of shot made, for these are not the crucial factors in determining whether
an assist should be credited.

Here is one that I have seen befor but just about guarantee has not been recorded as an assist.
Jump ball, Player (A) taps the jump ball directly to player(B) who is wide open for a shot, and makes the shot. player(A) is credited with an assist.

But in this manual it does say that if the player is fouled and doesn't make the basket that no assist is credited.
But it also says that the assist doesn't have to be the last pass....just the most important pass.
The Guru Wrote:A very special Sr. class if you ask me.

Since they've yet to win even a single game in the regional tournament which word best describes this "special" group... underachievers or overrated.
The King Wrote:Since they've yet to win even a single game in the regional tournament which word best describes this "special" group... underachievers or overrated.

I agree that they have been one and done the last three years. But they have not lost to any slouches.
What if they can pull off the reg. championship this year? Would you get off their backs then?
No some people are just jealous that this may be their year....Don't hate the TEAM hate the game!!!!!:rockon:
The Guru Wrote:I agree that they have been one and done the last three years. But they have not lost to any slouches.
What if they can pull off the reg. championship this year? Would you get off their backs then?

I'm not on their backs. I think they have a very good chance of winning the 15th this year, if they can avoid foul trouble. Just pointing out that for a team that has been so heralded they have yet to win even a single game in the big tournament...
The Guru Wrote:Did Bob play PG? I thought Little Mike was the first and only PG we had to score 1,000.
I will check and report.

Yes, he played point, for sure.

The question would be with number of points. I could swear he was about 5 or 6 people above me on JR's list, but I can't find it anymore. Logic would tell me he's well above 1000.

Of course, this could all be nonsense because I'm not looking at anything other than the memory bank...except the playing point part. I know that.
Congrats Blake with 1,000 points. I unlike alot of "nuts" really appreciate it when any young man from Eastern Kentucky accomplishes "proven" milestones.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville doesn't keep up with little ole stats like assists...His actual total would be somewhere around 600, but I think they have him somewhere around 400.
But remember that PHS doesn't count it if a dribble or a step is taken.

Actually they do keep up with assists!Cool
March Man Wrote:Actually they do keep up with assists!Cool
Only their version.
Guru Is there a regulation way to keep assists? I read on another thread that is pretty much up to the staff, is that true? Or, is there a mandatory guidline to follow in high school basketball?