Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Pikeville High School
PHS95 Wrote:In 04, I know of at least 2 that had been with the program for several years that would have been more than thrilled with the job and applied. Both were more than qualified and would have made great coaches.... yet, they went out of system.... that is what I am referring to!

Is my memory of the coaches for Pikeville wrong?
1972-1989 Howard
1990-1993 Allara
1994-1995 Howard
1996-1997 Mayo
1998-1999 Chapman - 1st out of system hire that I know that was not at PHS

I am sure they were more than qualified and would have made great coaches but better than Coach Howard? I do not consider this to be an out of the system hire, but I agee that it was not a current assistant hired as the next head coach.
Reread, I said in 04!
And, another Question, hypothetically.... if Hillard Howard were one of the applicants, would everyone still feel that staying "in system" would be best?

I know it is not happening, but just to throw that out there!
All the guys on the committee are good guys. It just goes to show ya, you put too many good guys in the same room and they can screw up an anvil.
vgaacalj Wrote:Loyalty starts with the administration - If you are an assistant coach, and want to be a head coach at the program where you are and the administration (steps over you) will not hire you because you do not have any head coaching experience then you have no choice but to move on to either find another Head Coaching job or an assistant's job where they will hire assistant's with no head coaching experience.

Or you can realize that the administration hired the best candidate and assist in the sport that you love regardless if you were not picked for the head coach position.....
I agree, Chuck Taylor..... 100%
Elwayfan Wrote:Ya think! How well do you know all these loyal players. They have already sent a letter, signed by the players to the principal about how much they want Copley to be here. The player that wrote it was all-state last year. The starting QB was in the office yesterday talking about how much he wanted Copley to get the HC job. They want to play for Copley. If Copley doesn't get the job, some will probably transfer.

There must be a bonafide change of address for an athelete to transfer. And transferring to another school because of a coaching change is not going to find favor with KHSAA and its Board of Control.

Copley may indeed get the job but I am wondering why everyone is acting like Pikeville Football will go down the tubes if he does not?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:There must be a bonafide change of address for an athelete to transfer. And transferring to another school because of a coaching change is not going to find favor with KHSAA and its Board of Control.

Copley may indeed get the job but I am wondering why everyone is acting like Pikeville Football will go down the tubes if he does not?

The vast majority of people don't think it will go down the tubes if Copley isn't hired.
This thread is so off topic that it's ridiculous.

The kids who want to play football will play no matter who the coach is. Those who wouldn't obviously aren't dedicated to the team. It makes no difference at all if the kids wrote a letter. And none of you know what will happen if Copley isn't hired. I really hope they hire someone other than Copley, because I just want to see what your all's reactions are, because it's going to be hilarious. Especially if they hire someone else and they turn this program around so much that they make it to state.

Everyone needs to calm down....we're talking about a football coach, not the next President of the United States. Pikeville will still exist no matter who is hired.....football will still exist no matter who is hired.....it won't be the end of the world no matter what happens.

Now, this one is closed until someone can decide to be on topic. It should be a discussion about who the next coach is going to be, nothing else....everything else has already been said 1000 times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]