Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone gaining interest from UK
TidesHoss32 Wrote:After reading some of the posts on here, I could care less about some of the "opinions" some people share. I would rather see kids like Landon Slone playing at UK than thug street ballers that make horrible decisions, bad passes and turn the ball over every **** trip down the court. For those that say he cant play at UK, have you seen UK play this year? Did you watch the Gardner Webb game? San Diego? Did you see the Vanderbilt game? And Landon Slone cant play at UK?? WTF are you people smoking? Whether or not he gets a bunch of PT is beside the point. I'd love to see an Eastern Kentuckian on the team. I know Tubby's gone, and hopefully the days of Ramel Bradley being one of the stars of your team is too. Travis Ford didnt have the size, wasnt very fast or athletic, but he made smart decisions with the ball, and could shoot the lights out. And I believe he turned out pretty good..So Im gonna have to disagree with a few on here, as I believe the University of Kentucky DOES need players like Landon Slone on the team. I'm tired of the Ramel Bradleys, the Joe Crawfords, the Brandon Stocktons, the street ballers that cant make a simple bounce pass and have stunk up Rupp Arena for the past few years..

Awesome post Hoss! Agree with every word of it!
uhavenoidea Wrote:Have you even seen Kentucky's Walk-Ons that are on the team this year?..I mean, My God!, If Landon isn't as good or better than those guys, then call me Billy Gillespie Smile (which i know somebody will post calling me this).

Exactly, you don't see them, more the reason that he shouldn't go their if he can. I'm done with this thread, come signing time, he won't be at a top D1 school, he isn't good enough. I really wish some of you would understand this. In Landon's best interest he really should lean toward NAIA or something along the lines of Morehead State or Marshall where he would get some playing time.
He couldn't play in the SEC, ACC, Big East, PAC-10, or Big Ten. His talent is just not at their level. I'm sorry if some of you get ****ed but he just doesn't have the talent. Clark Stepp can shoot but i don't see any of you all saying he is going to UK or any other school, and its because some of you are bias and have hate toward JBS. I'm happy that some of you from Paintsville support your kids but, Landon just isn't good enough to play. I love my Blackcats, but sure enough Jordan Hall isn't going to UK or U of L. I'm done with this rant, Landon best of luck to you on your future.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Have you even seen Kentucky's Walk-Ons that are on the team this year?..I mean, My God!, If Landon isn't as good or better than those guys, then call me Billy Gillespie Smile (which i know somebody will post calling me this).

BILLY GILLISPIE!!!! Smile Had to man! lol.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Not saying Landon is the best player in the nation, the best player that UK could get, or even the best guard in KY, but if you don't think he could come off the bench and compete and get better with each season then you are mistaken. Besides, what does UK have right now that is so great? They can't even beat Gardner-Webb or Vandy. My gosh, they can't even score 20 points in a half after having all season to get used to Billy G. Is Vandy's D that good??

IM pretty sure that DeAndre Liggins is a 5 star guard coming in and and a 4 star Forward in Darius Miller, thats what he has to look forward to, and Id rather have Liggins any day of the week than Landon Slone
TidesHoss32 Wrote:After reading some of the posts on here, I could care less about some of the "opinions" some people share. I would rather see kids like Landon Slone playing at UK than thug street ballers that make horrible decisions, bad passes and turn the ball over every **** trip down the court. For those that say he cant play at UK, have you seen UK play this year? Did you watch the Gardner Webb game? San Diego? Did you see the Vanderbilt game? And Landon Slone cant play at UK?? WTF are you people smoking? Whether or not he gets a bunch of PT is beside the point. I'd love to see an Eastern Kentuckian on the team. I know Tubby's gone, and hopefully the days of Ramel Bradley being one of the stars of your team is too. Travis Ford didnt have the size, wasnt very fast or athletic, but he made smart decisions with the ball, and could shoot the lights out. And I believe he turned out pretty good..So Im gonna have to disagree with a few on here, as I believe the University of Kentucky DOES need players like Landon Slone on the team. I'm tired of the Ramel Bradleys, the Joe Crawfords, the Brandon Stocktons, the street ballers that cant make a simple bounce pass and have stunk up Rupp Arena for the past few years..
Your right, Coury and Porter on UK team is alot better than Bradley and Crawford. Smile
Alot of you posters have to be Yankee fans, instead of earning something you'd rather go out and buy it.
I am sure that having the likes of Richie Farmer, John Pelfrey and Feldhouse on the court was a "talentless" move as seen by other SEC teams at that particular time. I am sure that a kid from Clay Co. and Paintsville wasn't DI material back then, maybe you guys probably said the same thing about them when these type of discussions came up. Iam sure none of you have a clue what sacrifices these kids go through to get noticed living in Eastern Kentucky, **** some of you are just mad cause he probably single handedly beat your local team. It is really, really sad when seeing these young men practice their hearts out to just get a chance to maybe make their childhood dream come true and people from their own area doubting their determination. I hope young Mr. Slone makes it to a division 1 school and I really hope and pray that when your standing in line one day to get a ticket to see him play during his college years that a bird flies overhead and ****s right on your head, because that's about all your opinion is worth to every kid that works his *** off here in the hills. Especially when the kid in question probably reads all of your negative comments about him.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Alot of you posters have to be Yankee fans, instead of earning something you'd rather go out and buy it.
I am sure that having the likes of Richie Farmer, John Pelfrey and Feldhouse on the court was a "talentless" move as seen by other SEC teams at that particular time. I am sure that a kid from Clay Co. and Paintsville wasn't DI material back then, maybe you guys probably said the same thing about them when these type of discussions came up. Iam sure none of you have a clue what sacrifices these kids go through to get noticed living in Eastern Kentucky, **** some of you are just mad cause he probably single handedly beat your local team. It is really, really sad when seeing these young men practice their hearts out to just get a chance to maybe make their childhood dream come true and people from their own area doubting their determination. I hope young Mr. Slone makes it to a division 1 school and I really hope and pray that when your standing in line one day to get a ticket to see him play during his college years that a bird flies overhead and ****s right on your head, because that's about all your opinion is worth every kid that works his *** off here in the hills. Especially when the kid in question probably reads all of your negative comments about him.

AMEN, BROTHER, TELL IT.
RedSeal Wrote:I wish everyone would quit saying hes is going to go D-1! he will end up at a D-3 or NAIA school! and if he does go D-1 I will be happy for him! but come on guys seriously UK? he is not good enough to put on a CATS jersey! I do agree he is a very great talent around in Eastern Kentucky but more than likely he will end up at a small school where he can get alot of PT by his Sophmore or Junior Season
Very True.
RavenBoy Wrote:Very True.

And what teams do you scout for?
And I rest my case..............................Louisville......explains it all!!!!!
slingblade93 Wrote:And what teams do you scout for?
Im sorry im not jumping on your little bandwagon. No little white kid from Eastern KY is going UK or UofL.
Oh, it's a color thing..............that explains it.
RavenBoy Wrote:Im sorry im not jumping on your little bandwagon. No little white kid from Eastern KY is going UK or UofL.

No I'm sorry you have no judge of talent, probably mad you aren't or didn't get recruited if you even played.
slingblade93 Wrote:No I'm sorry you have no judge of talent, probably mad you aren't or didn't get recruited if you even played.
What dont you understand, He dont have a chance in **** of making UK's team. He cant jump, he cant run and hes white. Dont get mad because everyone dont think your little pal isnt the best player in the State. Your right, Him and Darius Miller has the same talents. Smile your a joke.
RavenBoy Wrote:Im sorry im not jumping on your little bandwagon. No little white kid from Eastern KY is going UK or UofL.

This tells us alot. Don't hold back tell all of us what you really think. Are you mad at Pitino for wearing a white suit in the Georetown game too?
No im mad about all you eastern ky people think you players are the best in the State. With Stepp and Slone. Both of them dont have a chance.
RavenBoy Wrote:What dont you understand, He dont have a chance in **** of making UK's team. He cant jump, he cant run and hes white. Dont get mad because everyone dont think your little pal isnt the best player in the State. Your right, Him and Darius Miller has the same talents. Smile your a joke.

Never said he was the best in the state. I don't see how any one in there right mind though can say he is not better than some of the ones already on UK (porter, coury, and imo crawford). Not mad either just know talent when I see it.
slingblade93 Wrote:Never said he was the best in the state. I don't see how any one in there right mind though can say he is not better than some of the ones already on UK (porter, coury, and imo crawford). Not mad either just know talent when I see it.
I was just replying to the guy who said that he was better than a city thug.
RavenBoy Wrote:I was just replying to the guy who said that he was better than a city thug.

He probably is better than most "city thugs", smarter with the ball any way.
Who do you suggest Vitale Jr., the Edmonson kid from UHA is head and shoulders above Scotty Hopson but hasn't got alot of looks. The young man from Bryan Station has committed to Butler or Baylor. Nbody has gone after the leading scorer in the state, Ferguson from Elliott maybe because as you say he's white and from the E. KY. Who is the right height, speed, talent and RACE to play DI here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky?
Watchful Eye Wrote:Who do you suggest Vitale Jr., the Edmonson kid from UHA is head and shoulders above Scotty Hopson but hasn't got alot of looks. The young man from Bryan Station has committed to Butler or Baylor. Nbody has gone after the leading scorer in the state, Ferguson from Elliott maybe because as you say he's white and from the E. KY. Who is the right height, speed, talent and RACE to play DI here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky?

:mad: :rockon:
Watchful Eye Wrote:Who do you suggest Vitale Jr., the Edmonson kid from UHA is head and shoulders above Scotty Hopson but hasn't got alot of looks. The young man from Bryan Station has committed to Butler or Baylor. Nbody has gone after the leading scorer in the state, Ferguson from Elliott maybe because as you say he's white and from the E. KY. Who is the right height, speed, talent and RACE to play DI here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky?

No one will touch Ferguson from Elliott because they haven't beaten any quality teams. It's not really that great when you avg. the most points in the state against david school and oneida baptist (not the actual teams they play, just sarcasm).
PC_You_Know Wrote:No one will touch Ferguson from Elliott because they haven't beaten any quality teams. It's not really that great when you avg. the most points in the state against david school and oneida baptist (not the actual teams they play, just sarcasm).

Sorry I was using him as a reference. According to the Lex. Herald he averaged the most, I really didn't know Elliott's schedule. One of previous posters didn't think anyone "white" should play at UK or Louisville.