Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Landon Slone gaining interest from UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just read it in today's Lexington Herald.

"Paintsville Coach Bill Mike Runyon got a call from UK assistant Jeremy Cox, who told him the Cats might want to take a look at Tigers star Landon Slone. Paintsville plays Johnson Central on Friday night. Slone, a 6-3 senior guard, is averaging 26 points."

Paintsville senior guard Landon Slone, a 6-3 senior guard who is averaging 26 points, might soon be getting attention from UK(This was the caption with the photo online to the article)

http://www.kentucky.com/289/story/318913.html
Everyone knows Billy Gillispie likes walk-ons to his program. This could be as preferred walk-on, the article didn't say. But congrats to him on having his game up to a point where UK makes a call.
Even if nothing comes of this, it is definitely an honor...
What is Landons father name.
His fathers name is Phil Slone
Landon would be a good player coming off the bench for any D1 school, especially with his 3 point shooting. But he would have to develop a lot more to start for a team like UK. But the kid definately knows the game inside and out. He seems to know where everyone is and uses that to his advantage. Can shoot the ball from literally anywhere on the floor. Very smart player! Rarely makes stupid mistakes. No telling how good he could be as he gets older and has the right people working with him. And if he could grow an inch or two more that would be good too! Anyway, nice job Landon in drawing the attention of some high profile D1 schools!! Good luck!
thank you i know a Chuck Sloan from there.
basketballwizz Wrote:thank you i know a Chuck Sloan from there.
Chuck Slone maybe?
Jeremy and Lauren's dad?
Great guy!
He's a good player, he could be UK level.
Agree with most of the earlier comments. Just to get a call from "the Big Blue" is quite an accomplishment. The kid is well deserving of any recognition he receives. Not a harder working kid across the region in the past several years.

Way to go Big Red !!!:rockon:
Congrat's Landon and good luck with whatever college you decide to go to
It's good to see players from the mountains get noticed on the D-1 level. He'd be a great walk-on at UK and UK will need guards next year losing Crawford and Bradley.
I would love to see Landon stay in a blue uniform and play for the Cats. Either way things turn out this is still an honor IMO. Congrats Landon and keep up the hard work.
Congratulations Landon! Getting looked at from a major D-1 school is a big accomplishment.
Big accomplishment, but dont see it happening
Congrats Lando. You've worked hard and deserve any recognition you recieve. Also congrats on bein nominated for McDonald's All-American.
this is really great!!! first louisville now uk...after watching the vandy game id say he would choose pitino right now...but any kid in eastern kentucky always dreams of playing for the big blue and i wish him the best wherever he decides..
The Guru Wrote:Chuck Slone maybe?
Jeremy and Lauren's dad?
Great guy!
of course.
OMG Wrote:this is really great!!! first louisville now uk...after watching the vandy game id say he would choose pitino right now...but any kid in eastern kentucky always dreams of playing for the big blue and i wish him the best wherever he decides..

haha!! Anyone that thinks that Landon couldn't contribute at UK should have watched that game! Anytime a program like UK can't score more than 11 points in a half (that's 20 minutes in case you didn't know), then I don't think anyone could say Landon wouldn't be good enough. I know there is a world of difference between college and high school, but Landon coming off a screen at the very least could have gotten a few 3's off I know. My gosh, it isn't like UK was playing an NBA team or something. If Pelphrey can do it so can Landon! Good luck Landon! Sounds like UK needs you and bunch more like you!
Congrats Landon!
Congrats...
EKY Sportster Wrote:haha!! Anyone that thinks that Landon couldn't contribute at UK should have watched that game! Anytime a program like UK can't score more than 11 points in a half (that's 20 minutes in case you didn't know), then I don't think anyone could say Landon wouldn't be good enough. I know there is a world of difference between college and high school, but Landon coming off a screen at the very least could have gotten a few 3's off I know. My gosh, it isn't like UK was playing an NBA team or something. If Pelphrey can do it so can Landon! Good luck Landon! Sounds like UK needs you and bunch more like you!

i agree with you about pelphrey....what about todd tackett...compare these two kids playing at uk...i know todd was overshadowed by some really good talent and was very hard for him to get playing time, but do you they landon could contribute more on that level than todd? imo i think he could, especially shooting wise...
Ohh yeah, that's just what UK needs. Landon Slone...:confused:
vundy33 Wrote:Ohh yeah, that's just what UK needs. Landon Slone...:confused:

Vundy if you are in Cali as your avatar says. How can you get on here and say ANYTHING about Slone? What have you done this season? Fly in for each game.
Rolleyes
vundy33 Wrote:Ohh yeah, that's just what UK needs. Landon Slone...:confused:

seriously if your like a jealous teammate or another jealous player in the region please dont bring that hear nobody wants to hear it..
Not there anymore, meant to change it. Trust me I'm not a jealous teammate or another player. Not every member on this site is a 16 yr old JV basketball player. I just don't think he has anywhere near the talent that he needs to even be a walk-on at UK. IMO he would do so much better at a tiny D-1 school or NAIA school.
OffTheHook Wrote:Vundy if you are in Cali as your avatar says. How can you get on here and say ANYTHING about Slone? What have you done this season? Fly in for each game.
Rolleyes

I've caught a few games this year and have watched him the past 3 years. He's an awesome player but I would rather see him playing and scoring that sitting the bench.
vundy33 Wrote:I've caught a few games this year and have watched him the past 3 years. He's an awesome player but I would rather see him playing and scoring that sitting the bench.

well it just didn't sound like you were concerned at all with his "well-being" and you did come across like a jealous kid...and you know there was a good point brought up if you live in cali, how in the world do you even know what your talking about? f
he doesnt...lol
Lion Crazy Wrote:he doesnt...lol

OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!
Pages: 1 2 3