Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 16 Raceland 13
(09-14-2024, 09:49 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 09:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 09:12 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Hopefully Pikeville can get a win against Belfry. Ironton may be the best team on Pikevilles schedule. It’s gonna be tough sledding the next few weeks for Pikeville

Next few weeks?

Corbin
Johnson Central
LCA

Raceland

Belfry
Ironton

Toughest first 6 weeks in the history of Class A and probably 2A and 3A and right up there with the toughest ever in all classes.

Losing always sucks lol but super proud and if Pikeville does win another championship this year it will be one for the ages.
That’s a beast of a schedule.  Not to get in a pissing contest but I would call Raceland’s schedule a close second in terms of difficulty with Ashland, Pikeville, Highlands, and LCA in the line up.  We also have potential 1A contenders Hazard and NCC coming up as well.  It’s a shame RPI is going to punish both of our teams for playing up on schedule to get better.

Pikeville has Hazard and Boyd Co coming up after those 6 as well as Paintsville and Harlan Co. But I agree with you 100%.
Big advantage to Pikeville and Raceland in the playoffs.
(09-14-2024, 09:51 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 09:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton is thrashing everyone in their path. Yikes.
It’s mostly because their head coach gave up the play book

(09-14-2024, 09:36 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I looked up the team they are playing tonight and they aren’t beating up on a scrub.  That team was ranked 9th in New York and Ironton thrashed them.  I would be very surprised if they don’t win the Ohio state title in their division.
Me either. Because the two teams that could beat them aren’t in division 5 anymore. Kirtland and Perry

(09-14-2024, 09:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 41-9
21-0
Please God let it be Pikeville and Raceland at Kroger again
I hope so because I don’t want to beat someone else in the finals

Dang it RAD you should want to beat anyone in the finals since you never have
It's Pikeville Campbellsville and Raceland IMO

Would love to see Campbellsville come to Pikeville. Deer in the headlights and fans in shock...
(09-14-2024, 10:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 09:51 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 09:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton is thrashing everyone in their path. Yikes.
It’s mostly because their head coach gave up the play book

(09-14-2024, 09:36 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I looked up the team they are playing tonight and they aren’t beating up on a scrub.  That team was ranked 9th in New York and Ironton thrashed them.  I would be very surprised if they don’t win the Ohio state title in their division.
Me either. Because the two teams that could beat them aren’t in division 5 anymore. Kirtland and Perry

(09-14-2024, 09:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 41-9
21-0
Please God let it be Pikeville and Raceland at Kroger again
I hope so because I don’t want to beat someone else in the finals

Dang it RAD you should want to beat anyone in the finals since you never have
You know if Raceland ever wins a championship it has to be against Pikeville. No way do we wanna listen to Pukeville fans talk shit for a year about us winning our first ring only because they wasn’t our opponent. You know this would happen hahah
Pikeville does not obsess with Raceland like Raceland does with Pikeville. It’s a little one sided when it matters.
(09-15-2024, 11:20 AM)Belichick Wrote: Pikeville does not obsess with Raceland like Raceland does with Pikeville. It’s a little one sided when it matters.
That’s a strange statement coming from a guy who never misses an opportunity to run down Raceland haha. Ok little fella haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(09-15-2024, 11:35 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 11:20 AM)Belichick Wrote: Pikeville does not obsess with Raceland like Raceland does with Pikeville. It’s a little one sided when it matters.
That’s a strange statement coming from a guy who never misses an opportunity to run down Raceland haha. Ok little fella haha
Big enough and you and couple
others run them down enough. No one else has to say much. Truth is a hard pill to swallow.
If Raceland wasn’t concerned with Pikeville and Pikeville wasn’t concerned with Raceland there would be no single A fun on here. Their class opponent’s fans are either non-existent or cry babies, outside of Bac…he’s quality people lol

Go read the other game threads for class A. Even they are dominated by Raceland and Pikeville fans. We are the standard on the field and the message boards lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Patriot1
(09-15-2024, 12:57 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: If Raceland wasn’t concerned with Pikeville and Pikeville wasn’t concerned with Raceland there would be no single A fun on here. Their class opponent’s fans are either non-existent or cry babies, outside of Bac…he’s quality people lol

Go read the other game threads for class A. Even they are dominated by Raceland and Pikeville fans. We are the standard on the field and the message boards lol
I am not a standard anywhere
I went back and watched this one. Neither team really didn’t do anything fancy except for the trick play. Very Vanilla. Scores come from missed tackles, mental mistakes and turnovers.
Pikeville give Raceland two gifts and that set Raceland up for there scores. Waller being inserted brought a bit of a spark after that 4th down touchdown pass. Then he broke one with legs later to set up the 2nd score.

Two things I also noticed as well in this one is Pikeville looked very tired defensively in 4th especially Blake Caudill. I’m not sure how many kids they got going both ways but get that kid a a break.

The second I noticed its WR holds in games I’ve watched are all called differently each game and there isn’t nothing consistent about it.