Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
Heard Noah may be coming back to Perry!! If he does , that puts us up there with hazard in basketball and makes us a playoff team in football. We could possibly have a better football season then last if this happens!!
(05-31-2024, 02:26 AM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:
(05-27-2024, 12:07 AM)Fieldofdreams1 Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 08:11 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 05:17 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: This post has cracked me up .. I’ve laughed at these comments being made , and I know for a fact some are not true. The comment about just leaving the KC Sportsplex, overhead a woman say ….. now that’s some investigating. You should work for the FBI….

Two most talked about transfers , Sperry and Flinchum. I’d rather have Sperry on my team ( even with the temper).. He’s an an athlete, and most importantly he makes his teammates better. Watching him in the region tournament, he probably should have taken more shots  by driving to the rim , but he was kicking it out to the open man for a better shot. Flinchum is not that athletic , he pounds the air out of the ball and moves about 3 feet ,  looks to get shots for himself  and as long as he gets his points and his dad has enough footage to piece together a highlight video for Facebook, he doesn’t worry about TEAM or Wins..

But these are kids , and without the adults in their lives making them move to schools , they would stay and play for a team..
I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.

Flinchum absolutely was not being.bullied.  he disrespected a young lady pretty bad. I've seen the video. And he was about to have repercussions because of it.  Good ball.player yes.  But very cocky and likes to run his.mouth

i don’t know if you have a threat online of a kid known to fight a lot saying they are coming after you that would seem like bullying to me but you must work for Wolfe county. The video I saw seemed like they were both going back and forth. I heard the girl liked him and it was just immature banter. That’s what it seemed like.  

I told yall he was gone awhile back in this thread but it doesn’t matter. 

I am close to a parent that is close with them and i was hearing before the bullying thing that they didn’t see him getting better under a coach who doesn’t care.  I really wonder why that man still coaches. Bc he won’t do anything with his team this summer. I heard he was trying to get flinchum back but they have been lied to already and creech could’ve kept him happy if his ego wasn’t in the way but he’s too busy trying to get his most played player his 1000 turnovers award so they can have a picture together. 

I can’t not see what I’ve seen so it’s hard to be unbiased but if Wolfe cared about basketball they’d get a coach that wants to coach basketball. Not a softball coach that likes to pretend 

I see where you're coming from with the coach but I been around a long time an wolfe is a hierarchy creechs dad coached for years was a good man I liked bob but he was never able to make it to state but yet they never got rid of him he retired his boy took over who isn't half the coach bob was an when he retires you'll get mcwhorter or some other butt kisser that's coaching under creech their program is in shambles from the outside looking in cause creech let's parents tell him what to do it's why he goes away from his best shooter for a  full quarter hus coaching is based around what one or two parents want. The Robinson kid could be a good big man for wolfe but you can tell creech an them don't work with him just like they didn't work with Ritchie use him to set picks an that's it if I was a parent of creech or Robinson I'd be getting my kids to another school it will never happen cause of creechs dad being principle but their basketball program will never be successful under coach creech

(05-31-2024, 10:19 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Heard Noah may be coming back to Perry!! If he does , that puts us up there with hazard in basketball and makes us a playoff team in football.  We could possibly have a better football season then last if this happens!!
Noah is not gonna put you competing with hazard big dog get real not in basketball anyway Noah is no match for eversole or Higgins!
(05-31-2024, 10:29 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 08:11 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 05:17 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: This post has cracked me up .. I’ve laughed at these comments being made , and I know for a fact some are not true. The comment about just leaving the KC Sportsplex, overhead a woman say ….. now that’s some investigating. You should work for the FBI….

Two most talked about transfers , Sperry and Flinchum. I’d rather have Sperry on my team ( even with the temper).. He’s an an athlete, and most importantly he makes his teammates better. Watching him in the region tournament, he probably should have taken more shots  by driving to the rim , but he was kicking it out to the open man for a better shot. Flinchum is not that athletic , he pounds the air out of the ball and moves about 3 feet ,  looks to get shots for himself  and as long as he gets his points and his dad has enough footage to piece together a highlight video for Facebook, he doesn’t worry about TEAM or Wins..

But these are kids , and without the adults in their lives making them move to schools , they would stay and play for a team..
I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.

Flinchum absolutely was not being.bullied.  he disrespected a young lady pretty bad. I've seen the video. And he was about to have repercussions because of it.  Good ball.player yes.  But very cocky and likes to run his.mouth

i don’t know if you have a threat online of a kid known to fight a lot saying they are coming after you that would seem like bullying to me but you must work for Wolfe county. The video I saw seemed like they were both going back and forth. I heard the girl liked him and it was just immature banter. That’s what it seemed like.  

I am close to a parent that is close with them and i was hearing before the bullying thing that they didn’t see him getting better under a coach who doesn’t care.  I really wonder why that man still coaches. Bc he won’t do anything with his team this summer. I heard he was trying to get flinchum back but they have been lied to already and creech could’ve kept him happy if his ego wasn’t in the way but he’s too busy trying to get his most played player his 1000 turnovers award so they can have a picture together. 

I can’t not see what I’ve seen so it’s hard to be unbiased but if Wolfe cared about basketball they’d get a coach that wants to coach basketball. Not a softball coach that likes to pretend 

I see where you're coming from with the coach but I been around a long time an wolfe is a hierarchy creechs dad coached for years was a good man I liked bob but he was never able to make it to state but yet they never got rid of him he retired his boy took over who isn't half the coach bob was an when he retires you'll get mcwhorter or some other butt kisser that's coaching under creech their program is in shambles from the outside looking in cause creech let's parents tell him what to do it's why he goes away from his best shooter for a  full quarter hus coaching is based around what one or two parents want. The Robinson kid could be a good big man for wolfe but you can tell creech an them don't work with him just like they didn't work with Ritchie use him to set picks an that's it if I was a parent of creech or Robinson I'd be getting my kids to another school it will never happen cause of creechs dad being principle but their basketball program will never be successful under coach creech

(05-31-2024, 10:19 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Heard Noah may be coming back to Perry!! If he does , that puts us up there with hazard in basketball and makes us a playoff team in football.  We could possibly have a better football season then last if this happens!!
Noah is not gonna put you competing with hazard big dog get real not in basketball anyway Noah is no match for eversole or Higgins!
If he comes back to Perry, that gives us Kilburn, woods, sumner, neace, we need to fill that 5th spot.   take away slone and castle but add Kilburn, we are right there where we were last year, just gotta add one more solid player.  And Noah can hang with anyone in this region, he is the most athletic kid in the 14th.
(05-31-2024, 12:36 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 10:29 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 08:11 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.

If he comes back to Perry, that gives us Kilburn, woods, sumner, neace, we need to fill that 5th spot.   take away slone and castle but add Kilburn, we are right there where we were last year, just gotta add one more solid player.  And Noah can hang with anyone in this region, he is the most athletic kid in the 14th.
Athleticism isn't all that's needed to make a good player he has never played a minute of high school basketball I've watched him play park league he can jump that's it he runs down the court like his hands are a penguins flappers hitting the ball, his shot is slow its takes him 3 days to shoot a 3 the only advantage he may have is his jumping an you can be a good jumper am still not be able to rebound you gotta time the ball coming off that rim an know where it's gonna go stuff you learn through experience do I think he will out rebound Higgins or eversole no they will box him out so hard you'll be picking him up off the sidelines. Personally I'm calling it now he won't even play cause coach won't ask him which is always the excuse before first he was going to leslie then supposedly WV now back to pcc an from what I've heard this morning from some fellers at pcc he ain't exactly being welcomed back in to the folds at pcc after his pappy ran his mouth on Facebook about how bad everybody treated noah at a banquet that he shouldn't have even been at seeing as how he had already left pcc. His dad has talked crap multiple times about Shannon hoskins at this point nobody cares where noah goes an take this stuff to a football thread cause he didn't even play basketball and to follow up noah ain't 1/4  of the player as flinchum sperrry creech evesole caudill combs or Terry an I could keep going if you wanted me to could hang with anyone in the 14th me an my grandson have laughed at this for 10 minutes
About pure dumb to say things a kids gonna do when the kid hasn’t played a second of high school basketball. This is typical intelligence levels of most parents in these parts it seems.
[-] The following 3 users Like Desperado888's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, BlackHawk, P. Fanning
Don’t know that it matters who Perry adds, Hazard is the favorite to win it. A lot can happen from now until tournament time though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TopSportsFan23's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
I saw both Hazard and Perry on Thursday. I had Perry as the favorite last year. Hazard looks like the team to beat in 2025.

(05-03-2024, 08:28 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Don’t sleep on Leslie county , they are gonna be tough. But I’m afraid Perry will
Have a down year with Noah going to Leslie. From region champs to probably 5-6 at best in region.. Yea I know Noah didn’t play basketball but I also know what he’s capable of and he would have led Perry back to Rupp had he stayed and played but now he will help lead Leslie to a region title Perry has got to stop letting these kids leave

(05-06-2024, 10:51 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:08 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: The kid from Perry will likely be ruled ineligible. Some people can’t get out of their own way.
Noah is not gonna leave Leslie and he will be eligible..  Gonna have a monster senior year on the court and the field.  Already getting major College looks and I’m sure the offers will start pouring in once the season starts.   Look what he did at Perry , led us to a home playoff win!!  Yes he led us and without him, we don’t win 3 games..  and had he played basketball we would have definitely went to the elite 8 and possibly deeper.

(05-31-2024, 10:19 AM)Jet fighter Wrote: Heard Noah may be coming back to Perry!! If he does , that puts us up there with hazard in basketball and makes us a playoff team in football. We could possibly have a better football season then last if this happens!!

I don't know if I've seen anyone change their mind so often.
Which one is it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(05-28-2024, 09:53 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote: From what I’ve seen. Flinchum & Sperry are 2 different players. Sperry scores his points from getting to the basket and the charity stripe. Flinchum gets his points from shooting out side or midrange. I would have liked to seen them play together.

According to KHSAA stats this season. Sperry took 451 shots , made 119 free throws out of 156 and scored 667 points. Had 200 rebounds.

Flinchum took 410 shots , made 43 out of 55 free throws. Scored 581 points. 121 rebounds for the year.

If I’m a coach wanting to build a program and I can just choose 1 of these players. I’m taking Sperry every time. He seems to have the better motor he makes things happen and he’s stayed loyal to 1 school which is rare these days.
This shouldn’t even be up for discussion but makes for a good conversation. Sperry is the best player in the region and he does have a great motor. Sperry has had several opportunities to leave but he has been loyal to Breathitt Co. He loves putting that jersey on
(06-01-2024, 07:43 PM)HCS Wrote: I saw both Hazard and Perry on Thursday. I had Perry as the favorite last year. Hazard looks like the team to beat in 2025.

(05-03-2024, 08:28 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Don’t sleep on Leslie county , they are gonna be tough.  But I’m afraid Perry will
Have a down year with Noah going to Leslie. From region champs to probably 5-6 at best in region..  Yea I know Noah  didn’t play basketball but I also know what he’s capable of and he would have led Perry back to Rupp had he stayed and played but now he will help lead Leslie to a region title  Perry has got to stop letting these kids leave

(05-06-2024, 10:51 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:08 AM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: The kid from Perry will likely be ruled ineligible. Some people can’t get out of their own way.
Noah is not gonna leave Leslie and he will be eligible..  Gonna have a monster senior year on the court and the field.  Already getting major College looks and I’m sure the offers will start pouring in once the season starts.   Look what he did at Perry , led us to a home playoff win!!  Yes he led us and without him, we don’t win 3 games..  and had he played basketball we would have definitely went to the elite 8 and possibly deeper.

I don't know if I've seen anyone change their mind so often.
Which one is it?
You has Perry as the favorite? Really   Come on now
Perry was the favorite in 2024. You can look it up.
Hazard will probably be favored in 2025.
I think everybody that didn't have a family member playing was thinking it was gonna be a fight to the finish between hazard Perry an breathitt an they were right this year I think hazard will win region if they lose it will be cause they blew it for themselves but breathitt has some good players returning an if honeycutt an Collins get hot it could be breathitt but top 2 in my opinion is hazard breathitt with powell an Perry fighting for 3rd powell has a new coach an hoskins can never be counted out him an al are the two best coaches hands down in the 14th region.
(06-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think everybody that didn't have a family member playing was thinking it was gonna be a fight to the finish between hazard Perry an breathitt an they were right this year I think hazard will win region if they lose it will be cause they blew it for themselves but breathitt has some good players returning an if honeycutt an Collins get hot it could be breathitt but top 2 in my opinion is hazard breathitt  with powell an Perry fighting for 3rd powell has a new coach an hoskins can never be counted out him an al are the two  best coaches hands down in the 14th region.

Powell lost most of their scoring last season. I’d say they’ll be Top 10 but without transfers (if they get any which i have no idea), they won’t be 3, 4 or 5.
Powell still has some talent red headed kid is good from the 3 didn't play a lot in regular season but has been playing summer league Edward's is strong around the rim an rebounding I don't think they will be as bad as some people think but I could be wrong probably hurt them losing morgenson to grc though. I think a lot of teams with the exception of hazard an breathitt are pretty evenly matched when it comes to shooters we know cordia will be at the bottom. Hazard an breathitt are in a league of their own the rest will fight for the other spots an it will come down to who out coaches who in my opinion for spots under breathitt an hazard
Just my opinion folks.

Hazard is # 1 & 15 points better than any team in the region. They returned everyone from last season plus adding 1-2 more. Hazard will be the deepest team in the region. I think Big Al is going to be handing out beat downs.

Breathitt is # 2. Sperry is the best player in the region. Gross & Terry are the 2 best bigs in the region. Breathitt will also have a couple sharp shooters on the floor. The question is can Honeycutt get them to play team ball and can Breathitt be a good defensive team ?

Perry returns 3 nice players. Woods is probably the best shooter in the region. He takes care of the ball , Niece is a scrappy kid that plays hard. Miller is another great shooter and will have a good scoring year. No doubt Perry will play defense. I worry about their size. I can see them getting manhandled in the paint.

Wolfe returns 3 starters. Creech , Robinson & Oliver. I see Wolfe struggling with size this year. They lost the best player on the team last year to Montgomery County. Creech will be the leading scorer and I think Robinson will have some good games.

Can Leslie County get out of district play this year ? I know they have a couple good players returning.

I feel the region is down this season. Considering no more changes are made and everyone stays healthy. I’d take Hazard 1 Breathitt 2 with Hazard dominating all the way to Rupp.
My grandson heard caleb creech from wolfe is looking for a new team breathitt seems to be the likely choice but some kids from pcc said he was at grc watching grc and Montgomery play so I guess maybe we could the flinchum creech duo in montgomery co or could we see them playing against each other again in the 10th region. I was surprised when I heard he was leaving wolfe thinking it was just typical rumors but I'm starting to wonder if there's a little truth to it all
(06-08-2024, 01:02 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: My grandson heard caleb creech from wolfe is looking for a new team breathitt seems to be the likely choice but some kids from pcc said he was at grc watching grc and Montgomery play so I guess maybe we could the flinchum creech duo in montgomery co or could we see them playing against each other again in the 10th region. I was surprised when I heard he was leaving wolfe thinking it was just typical rumors but I'm starting to wonder if there's a little truth to it all

I don’t see Creech going to Breathitt. I don’t think he’s good enough for GRC or Jason Mays either.

If he wants to win he needs to leave Wolfe tho. Corey Flinchum leaving has taken away any chance they had of winning.
(06-11-2024, 04:36 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 01:02 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: My grandson heard caleb creech from wolfe is looking for a new team breathitt seems to be the likely choice but some kids from pcc said he was at grc watching grc and Montgomery play so I guess maybe we could the flinchum creech duo in montgomery co or could we see them playing against each other again in the 10th region. I was surprised when I heard he was leaving wolfe thinking it was just typical rumors but I'm starting to wonder if there's a little truth to it all

I don’t see Creech going to Breathitt. I don’t think he’s good enough for GRC or Jason Mays either.

If he wants to win he needs to leave Wolfe tho. Corey Flinchum leaving has taken away any chance they had of winning.
I agree with him needing to leave wolfe to win big rivalry between wolfe an breathitt so I would be shocked if he went there I personally don't see him leaving at all. Creech roots run deep at wolfe I think the rumor mill just started swirling when some pcc boys saw him watching games at grc.
If Creech wants to leave Wolfe. I don’t see him heading North and I sure don’t see him driving past Breathitt to get to Perry County.

Hazard is loaded for bear , Perry just don’t have the pieces this year.

Creech would be a lock to start on a # 2 team in the region.

Sperry , Creech , Gross , Terry , Honeycutt , Stallard , Collins. This team could compete.
(Yesterday, 10:53 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote: If Creech wants to leave Wolfe. I don’t see him heading North and I sure don’t see him driving past Breathitt to get to Perry County.

Hazard is loaded for bear , Perry just don’t have the pieces this year.

Creech would be a lock to start on a # 2 team in the region.

Sperry , Creech , Gross , Terry , Honeycutt , Stallard , Collins. This team could compete.
Creech would be a good fit at breathitt now whether he takes the steps to leave an go to breathitt I guess we will see. I don't see it happening but I'd rather play on winning #2 breathitt team then a wolfe team that will be lucky to win 6 games if they play the same schedule they did last year