Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th as of 12/15/07
Larry Legend Wrote:I honestly think if Paintsville and SV played 10 times and SV won all of them there would still be people arguing that Paintsville should be #1.

I honestly don't think that would happen though. Wink
OffTheHook Wrote:I honestly don't think that would happen though. Wink
Heres the deal with me. I think that SV and Paintsville are head and shoulders above the rest this season. (If Harmon doesn't come out) I thought Paintsville played really well yesterday. The difference between them and SV besides I think SV is more talented is that when SV plays they find a way to win and to be honest this group at Paintsville finds a way to lose...
The only thing that keeps Paintsville from being better than the rest is there ego's. If they didn't have that problem they would be better than Shelby Valley. But Valley play's as a team, and thats why they are better than Paintsville.
blackcat_student Wrote:The only thing that keeps Paintsville from being better than the rest is there ego's. If they didn't have that problem they would be better than Shelby Valley. But Valley play's as a team, and thats why they are better than Paintsville.

SV plays as a team better than anyone I have seen in the mountains in a long time. I think Paintsville has as much talent as SV but the question with them has always been how are they going to get along. If they decide to play as a team like SV it will be a fun region to watch this year.
My picks at this point are
1. SV
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
OffTheHook Wrote:[/B]

lol I started to put that Belfry comparison in there at the end as a "But then again".
And yes he can be that biased just look at his past post and you will know why.
Something else....just like the team that the Tigers played yesturday, one meeting between the two, IMO doesn't really say anything. I told my son yesturday after the game that if they played each other 10 times it would prolly be 5-5 after it was said and done. That is how evenly matched both teams were and I pretty much feel the same way about SV and PHS. But, I still think PHS is better cause I am biased. lol
And yes I would congrat the winner. Wink

Ok, that sounds a lot better. Big Grin

I agree that if SV and Paintsville met 10 times, it would probably be 5-5 or at most 6-4 for one team. But I do think Valley is slightly better, for while P-Ville may have more overall talent, SV is a well-oiled machine that plays as one team. And I think that would be the difference in a big game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rankings don't mean anything but they are fun!

1. SV
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville

....... not much difference in the rest. ER, AC, and Belfry by seasons would make up the next couple of teams.
blackcat_student Wrote:The only thing that keeps Paintsville from being better than the rest is there ego's.

Agreed.
Paintsville SHOULD have had the best team the last two years, and the anticipation really built up for the team they might be when they almost beat Valley in 2005. Most on here would agree that Paintsville has had a lot of potential and still does. Like someone said in an earlier post - the only difference between them and Valley is that SV has found ways to win, while Paintsville has only found ways to lose. IMO Paintsville had their two years for their chance at the regional title (2006, 2007), and now Valley has caught back up with them in experienced talent. Even if Paintsville has pulled themselves together this year, they might find that its too late.

It is still too early to make a good decision on the better team, and probably will always be until they meet, if they meet, in the regional tourny.
fusion Wrote:Agreed.
Paintsville SHOULD have had the best team the last two years, and the anticipation really built up for the team they might be when they almost beat Valley in 2005. Most on here would agree that Paintsville has had a lot of potential and still does. Like someone said in an earlier post - the only difference between them and Valley is that SV has found ways to win, while Paintsville has only found ways to lose. IMO Paintsville had their two years for their chance at the regional title (2006, 2007), and now Valley has caught back up with them in experienced talent. Even if Paintsville has pulled themselves together this year, they might find that its too late.

It is still too early to make a good decision on the better team, and probably will always be until they meet, if they meet, in the regional tourny.

Good post!
[INDENT]
blackcat_student Wrote:1)Shelby Valley
2)Paintsville
3)Pikeville
4)Allen Central
5)East Ridge
I agree with you on everything except for Allen Central....im not sold on them just yet....but id say they will be at the tops of the 15th later on in the season...
[/INDENT]
Shelby Valley
|
V
Paintsville
Pikeville
Does anyone know when or if Paintsville and SV play each other?
15thRegionCheer Wrote:Does anyone know when or if Paintsville and SV play each other?

They don't unless they meet in All A or Regional tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't think Paintsville is that far behind Valley as much as some are saying. If these two teams where to play 10 times, then Paintsville would at least win 4 or 5 of them. But Paintsville is a very solid team. I think Valley plays better as a team then the Tigers do but there is no way that Shelby Valley is as far ahead of Paintsville has some are saying. IMO, Paintsville has more overall skill than Valley, its just that the Wildcats play so good as a team, and thats what makes them better than Paintsville.
Right now I gotta go with:

1. Valley - They are #1 until someone in this region beats em. They are the defendin champs and have everybody back.

2. Paintsville - Very talented, have proven over the last 2 years that they can play with anybody, just find ways to lose. The best team in the region WHEN they play as a TEAM, IMO...
fusion Wrote:Agreed.

Nice post. I agree about Valley's will to find how to win. Over the years, Paintsville should have became a much better TEAM and destroyed this region but the key word is a TEAM.... That is why Valley was and still is a better club.
I love how you people support your Mountain Teams. We have the rest of Kentucky to rely on for disrespecting the talent of our Eastern Kentucky basketball teams we REALLY don't need to start disrepecting ourselves. Let the Lexington Hearld and Courier Journal argue that we are inferior to Lexington and Louisville. Seriously people, it's sad.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Thats kinda hard to say dont you think...I mean SV was ranked preseason #1 and there still undefeated, not even including their win tonight over Male.

Preseason Rankings don't really mean anything, they are based on last years record and the returning players for this season. I made that post before I knew that SV won and Paintsville lost, regardless of those two games I would still leave by picks as they are. Paintsville has had very good athletic players for the last three years and these players finally seem to be playing well together. As others have said if they played 10 times each would proably win 5.
Watchful Eye Wrote:I love how you people support your Mountain Teams. We have the rest of Kentucky to rely on for disrespecting the talent of our Eastern Kentucky basketball teams we REALLY don't need to start disrepecting ourselves. Let the Lexington Hearld and Courier Journal argue that we are inferior to Lexington and Louisville. Seriously people, it's sad.

What are you basing your post on? Just wondering.
1.shelby valley
2. paintsville
3. allen central
4. east ridge
5. pikeville

from the way these teams are playing right now, those are my thoughts
mrbobcat Wrote:1. Paintsville
2. Shelby Valley
(Small Gap)
3. Pikeville
(Small Gap)
4. East Ridge
I like this one
[INDENT]
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't think Paintsville is that far behind Valley as much as some are saying. If these two teams where to play 10 times, then Paintsville would at least win 4 or 5 of them. But Paintsville is a very solid team. I think Valley plays better as a team then the Tigers do but there is no way that Shelby Valley is as far ahead of Paintsville has some are saying. IMO, Paintsville has more overall skill than Valley, its just that the Wildcats play so good as a team, and thats what makes them better than Paintsville.
Yea i agree with you....they play as a team as paintsville at times gets carried away with trying to out do one another.

[/INDENT]