Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the 15th as of 12/15/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whats everyones thoughts?...i thought id get a thread started on this before the christmas tourneys started...

1.SV
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.AC
Then its whoever:confused:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Whats everyones thoughts?...i thought id get a thread started on this before the christmas tourneys started...

1.SV
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.AC
Then its whoever:confused:

I think at this point in the season, that looks about right, but I would have it a toss up between Belfry and AC. Which ever is 4, the other would be 5.
1.Shelby Valley
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Allen Central
5.Belfry
The way East Ridge is playing, they could possibly sneak in there by the end of the season.
I watch Pikeville today,they didnt look that good i see someone else up there,as the season progresses.
mrbobcat Wrote:I watch Pikeville today,they didnt look that good i see someone else up there,as the season progresses.

well it says as of today, they played dobyns bennett man. Now if they would've played paintsville...Smile Smile Big Grin
1)Shelby Valley
2)Paintsville
3)Pikeville
4)Allen Central
5)East Ridge
Right now I will go with
1) Paintsville
2) Shelby Valley
3) Pikeville
Valley just beat the #12 team in the state and you don't rank them #1?
Old School Wrote:Right now I will go with
1) Paintsville
2) Shelby Valley
3) Pikeville

Thats kinda hard to say dont you think...I mean SV was ranked preseason #1 and there still undefeated, not even including their win tonight over Male.
if your any good rankings dont mean squat, just you'll have an easier ladder to climd come turny time
male is 16th. elliot is 12th pple..and also paintsville played the #1 team in W.V...if vally beats them. then yeah. but vally isnt that good. and wat i hered. male isnt that good
blackcat_student Wrote:1)Shelby Valley
2)Paintsville
3)Pikeville
4)Allen Central
5)East Ridge
Looks good to me :rockon:
2)Paintsville
3)Pikeville
4)Allen Central
5)East Ridge
I totally agree. Belfry is still in football mode. When they get their basketball legs ill put them in there for ER.
Valley isn't that good and Male isn't that good. Wow, you just dogged two teams in one sentence. For your information, Valley had three freshmen and a sophomore who played like seniors last year to get them to Rupp Arena. Tonight, they upset the #16 team in the state (which surely shows Male is a tough team to beat). So I think it is a pretty far stretch to say that "valley isn't that good." And Paintsville (another good team loaded with talent) played a very solid South Charleston (who lost in the state finals to none other than Patrick Patterson and O.J. Mayo's Huntington High) and lost in the closing seconds. Although they should not have lost, they proved they can hang tough with the toughest teams. Let's stop dogging our local teams who have clearly shown they deserve the credit.
2)Paintsville
3)Pikeville
4)Allen Central
5)East Ridge

Agree...
DB3 Wrote:male is 16th. elliot is 12th pple..and also paintsville played the #1 team in W.V...if vally beats them. then yeah. but vally isnt that good. and wat i hered. male isnt that good

Two questions...

1) Where are you getting your rankings? The Herald-Leader's coaches poll had Male at #11 and Valley at #23. You may be looking at another rank list, but that doesn't make everyone else wrong for going by a different one than you.

2) What do you have against Shelby Valley? Apparently you think they're no good, and that since they beat Lousiville Male that means Male must not be any good either, right? How ridiculous.

Look, if you don't like Shelby Valley that's fine. It's apparent from your posts that you have an axe to grind with them for some reason. But making comments like they're "not that good" just makes you look silly. I doubt you would find anyone else on here who would agree with that.
DB3 Wrote:male is 16th. elliot is 12th pple..and also paintsville played the #1 team in W.V...if vally beats them. then yeah. but vally isnt that good. and wat i hered. male isnt that good

Explain your thought process again. I mean I can't figure your post out, are you saying that Valley is no good because they beat a sub-par team that was ranked as the 11th best in the state? Or are you saying that Paintsville is better than Valley because they got beat by a team that is #1 in a different state? Either was it seems that your stance is pretty bias.
Also, I would like to know who your source is that is telling you that male "isn't that good". I don't know how you could hold a win against a team when they beat a school that is 1) one of the best in Louisville. and 2) one of the best in the state. Please I just want to know why you think this way.
More Cowbell Wrote:Two questions...

1) Where are you getting your rankings? The Herald-Leader's coaches poll had Male at #11 and Valley at #23. You may be looking at another rank list, but that doesn't make everyone else wrong for going by a different one than you.

2) What do you have against Shelby Valley? Apparently you think they're no good, and that since they beat Lousiville Male that means Male must not be any good either, right? How ridiculous.

Look, if you don't like Shelby Valley that's fine. It's apparent from your posts that you have an axe to grind with them for some reason. But making comments like they're "not that good" just makes you look silly. I doubt you would find anyone else on here who would agree with that.

1) It is obvious where he is from and who he plays for. So yes I would say he does have axe to grind with them. And he was just stating his opinion on SV. Heaven forbid that someone doesn't feel that SV isn't as good as everyone else thinks they are. Maybe Male isn't as good as everyone thinks either.

2) Maybe his feelings could also be fueled by the fact that all you have seen on here is everyone talking about SV and Elliott meeting at the All A State and how SV will walk through the 15 All A and 15 Region.

Now, Do I think SV has a good ball club? Yes.
Do I think Paintsville is better? Yes
But that is my opinion. And we will never know untill they meet. But, Paintsville DID beat Elliott Co. last year by 7 and Elliott beat SV by 13.
But, like I said that's my Opinion.
OffTheHook Wrote:1) It is obvious where he is from and who he plays for. So yes I would say he does have axe to grind with them. And he was just stating his opinion on SV. Heaven forbid that someone doesn't feel that SV isn't as good as everyone else thinks they are. Maybe Male isn't as good as everyone thinks either.

2) Maybe his feelings could also be fueled by the fact that all you have seen on here is everyone talking about SV and Elliott meeting at the All A State and how SV will walk through the 15 All A and 15 Region.

But that is my opinion. And we will never know untill they meet. But, Paintsville DID beat Elliott Co. last year by 7 and Elliott beat SV by 13.

Agree to disagree my friend. Valley is and will be the better team. Record may not show it at the end of the season but their play and exp. from these tourneys should.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Agree to disagree my friend.

Agree.
Somebody show me a ranking that has the team Paintsville played as the #1 team in West Virginia because I cant find it. I know they were a good team last year, and I'm glad they played them close but the only thing still remains. They still lost.

Paintsville didn't even win their own district last year, while Shelby Valley goes undefeated in the region.

Shelby Valley returns all 5 starters, and is 5-0. Anybody that puts Paintsville at #1 is more biased than anybody I've ever seen. I think Paintsville is a good team, but until they actually win some big games with their talent I won't believe in them at all to be as good as the hype.
OffTheHook Wrote:1) It is obvious where he is from and who he plays for. So yes I would say he does have axe to grind with them. And he was just stating his opinion on SV. Heaven forbid that someone doesn't feel that SV isn't as good as everyone else thinks they are. Maybe Male isn't as good as everyone thinks either.

Valley got to Rupp last year...Paintsville didn't.

to be 16th in the state u have to be pretty dang good

He did not say that he thought Paintsville was better than SV. I may not agree with that statement, but it is certainly a valid opinion considering that there is very little difference between the top 3 teams in the 15th. It will be a tossup whenever the two teams meet this year.

If you read it, what he said is that Valley was "not that good". Go back and read the post again if you missed it. I'll give you time.

Now, anyone who says that Shelby Valley is no good must have some personal bias against them, because there is no way someone could actually believe that based on how they have played so far, and how they did last year. I would feel the same way if someone said Paintsville was no good, which would be just as ridiculous.

As for your little comparison at the end, that doesn't mean anything when you consider that in last year's regional, Shelby Valley beat a Belfry team who had just beaten Paintsville. So you could go both ways on the comparisons. But like you said, we will never know until they meet. And if Paintsville wins I will congratulate them. I hope you would do the same if it goes the other way.
More Cowbell Wrote:He did not say that he thought Paintsville was better than SV. I may not agree with that statement, but it is certainly a valid opinion considering that there is very little difference between the top 3 teams in the 15th. It will be a tossup whenever the two teams meet this year.

If you read it, what he said is that Valley was "not that good". Go back and read the post again if you missed it. I'll give you time.

Now, anyone who says that Shelby Valley is no good must have some personal bias against them, because there is no way someone could actually believe that based on how they have played so far, and how they did last year. I would feel the same way if someone said Paintsville was no good, which would be just as ridiculous.

As for your little comparison at the end, that doesn't mean anything when you consider that in last year's regional, Shelby Valley beat a Belfry team who had just beaten Paintsville. So you could go both ways on the comparisons. But like you said, we will never know until they meet. And if Paintsville wins I will congratulate them. I hope you would do the same if it goes the other way.

lol I started to put that Belfry comparison in there at the end as a "But then again".
And yes he can be that biased just look at his past post and you will know why.
Something else....just like the team that the Tigers played yesturday, one meeting between the two, IMO doesn't really say anything. I told my son yesturday after the game that if they played each other 10 times it would prolly be 5-5 after it was said and done. That is how evenly matched both teams were and I pretty much feel the same way about SV and PHS. But, I still think PHS is better cause I am biased. lol
And yes I would congrat the winner. Wink
1. Paintsville
2. Shelby Valley
(Small Gap)
3. Pikeville
(Small Gap)
4. East Ridge
1. Paintsville
2. Shelby Valley
(Small Gap)
3. Pikeville
(Small Gap)
4. East Ridge
OffTheHook Wrote:[/b]

I told my son yesturday after the game that if they played each other 10 times it would prolly be 5-5 after it was said and done. That is how evenly matched both teams were and I pretty much feel the same way about SV and PHS. But, I still think PHS is better cause I am biased. lol
And yes I would congrat the winner. Wink
I honestly think if Paintsville and SV played 10 times and SV won all of them there would still be people arguing that Paintsville should be #1.
1. Valley
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Allen Central
5. ER/Belfry
Pages: 1 2