Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville still looking for games
(09-28-2023, 12:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville will continue having difficulty finding 10 games being in 1A. Does very little to help you in rpi if you beat them and could terribly hurt you if you lose to them. Belfry and JC are the only teams who will play them locally and teams away from here won’t play them for rpi purposes.

(09-28-2023, 12:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville will continue having difficulty finding 10 games being in 1A. Does very little to help you in rpi if you beat them and could terribly hurt you if you lose to them. Belfry and JC are the only teams who will play them locally and teams away from here won’t play them for rpi purposes.
The Ohio team that they play is ranked 642 in Ohio according to MaxPreps and are 0-5. Probably about the equivalent of playing an East Ridge or Floyd Central around here.

Didn’t Corbin play them last year?
(09-28-2023, 09:48 PM)Hatz Wrote:

The Ohio team that they play is ranked 642 in Ohio according to MaxPreps and are 0-5. Probably about the equivalent of playing an East Ridge or Floyd Central around here.

Didn’t Corbin play them last year?

No
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A few other teams that've missed games that may look for a reschedule is Woodford Co., Franklin Co., and a few others. Those first two would be intriguing matchups.
I don't understand why coaches don't want to play Pikeville.  They don't have anything to lose.  Odds are they will get beat.  Big deal.  Pikeville is a classy program.  They will not totally humiliate you.  Back in the day when we played them, they treated us with total class.  They had us coolers of ice and lots of drinks waiting on us in the locker from before the game.  No other school did that for us in my 4 years of playing high school football. Their players played a clean game.  They didnt talk trash or take cheap shots.  When we scheduled them for my junior year, they were riding a big winning streak having won 2 state championships and on their way to a 3rd championship.  I knew we were not going to win, but i was excited to play them.  We got beat bad, but we took our best shot.  We recovered a Pikeville fumble on the game's opening kickoff.  Then on the first play from scrimmage we scored on a 50 yardish pass play.  It was all down hill from there, but we had a great time.  It was my favourite game from my playing days.  I got to lineup against 2 lineman who played at the University of Kentucky and another that signed with EKU.  There is no better game day atmosphere in eastern Kentucky.  Coaches should put their egos aside let their players experience that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Westside's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, jetpilot
(10-05-2023, 07:20 AM)Westside Wrote: I don't understand why coaches don't want to play Pikeville.  They don't have anything to lose.  Odds are they will get beat.  Big deal.  Pikeville is a classy program.  They will not totally humiliate you.  Back in the day when we played them, they treated us with total class.  They had us coolers of ice and lots of drinks waiting on us in the locker from before the game.  No other school did that for us in my 4 years of playing high school football. Their players played a clean game.  They didnt talk trash or take cheap shots.  When we scheduled them for my junior year, they were riding a big winning streak having won 2 state championships and on their way to a 3rd championship.  I knew we were not going to win, but i was excited to play them.  We got beat bad, but we took our best shot.  We recovered a Pikeville fumble on the game's opening kickoff.  Then on the first play from scrimmage we scored on a 50 yardish pass play.  It was all down hill from there, but we had a great time.  It was my favourite game from my playing days.  I got to lineup against 2 lineman who played at the University of Kentucky and another that signed with EKU.  There is no better game day atmosphere in eastern Kentucky.  Coaches should put their egos aside let their players experience that.

Three words, Ratings Percentage Index.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(10-06-2023, 10:30 AM)Buffs19 Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 07:20 AM)Westside Wrote: I don't understand why coaches don't want to play Pikeville.  They don't have anything to lose.  Odds are they will get beat.  Big deal.  Pikeville is a classy program.  They will not totally humiliate you.  Back in the day when we played them, they treated us with total class.  They had us coolers of ice and lots of drinks waiting on us in the locker from before the game.  No other school did that for us in my 4 years of playing high school football. Their players played a clean game.  They didnt talk trash or take cheap shots.  When we scheduled them for my junior year, they were riding a big winning streak having won 2 state championships and on their way to a 3rd championship.  I knew we were not going to win, but i was excited to play them.  We got beat bad, but we took our best shot.  We recovered a Pikeville fumble on the game's opening kickoff.  Then on the first play from scrimmage we scored on a 50 yardish pass play.  It was all down hill from there, but we had a great time.  It was my favourite game from my playing days.  I got to lineup against 2 lineman who played at the University of Kentucky and another that signed with EKU.  There is no better game day atmosphere in eastern Kentucky.  Coaches should put their egos aside let their players experience that.

Three words, Ratings Percentage Index.

Not to get off topic, but there is only a handful of teams per class who have a shot at a state title and should even think about that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Personally, I don't think the RPI calculations posted by the KHSAA are correct. The ratings are too high. I bet you see a major adjustment once they realize their mistake.
(10-06-2023, 11:36 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: Personally, I don't think the RPI calculations posted by the KHSAA are correct.  The ratings are too high.  I bet you see a major adjustment once they realize their mistake.
what do you mean the “ratings are too high”??
Go back the last few years and see how many teams had an RPI over 1 at this point in the season. Maybe a few.

But right now, here's how many teams have an RPI over 1:

1A - 3
2A - 5
3A - 5
4A - 6
5A - 5
6A - 8

There's no way that's accurate. The ratings are too high, something's off.
Reality is beating a 1A team no matter how good they are helps very little rpi wise. That’s just facts based on the system. Teams want a higher rpi to improve their chance of making it deep in the playoffs. It will be tough Pikeville going a month in between games and they won’t face another good opponent until at least week 3 of playoff which would be 2 games from the Belfry game.
I think Pikeville is already practicing on Kroger field just waiting on Raceland to get there be the first state champions with a 4 and 1 record but Raceland can brag about beating them in regular season
The KHSAA letting Harlan out of the district was an absolutely absurd move. No reason there should be a 3-Team district with a 5-Team sister district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Westside