Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville still looking for games
I seen Pikeville post they are still looking for games to fill their schedule. This is late in the season to still be looking. What happened to their schedule?  They have back to back bye weeks then play the Cincinnati team that didn’t even finish the game agains JC.
(09-21-2023, 09:43 AM)Upnorth Wrote: I seen Pikeville post they are still looking for games to fill their schedule. This is late in the season to still be looking. What happened to their schedule?  They have back to back bye weeks then play the Cincinnati team that didn’t even finish the game agains JC.

Corbin might have a spot open due to North Hardin canceling a few weeks ago.
(09-21-2023, 09:43 AM)Upnorth Wrote: I seen Pikeville post they are still looking for games to fill their schedule. This is late in the season to still be looking. What happened to their schedule?  They have back to back bye weeks then play the Cincinnati team that didn’t even finish the game agains JC.
They can come to Raceland…we’ll beat them again haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-21-2023, 12:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

As long as they running clock them in the state championship game, if it happens again, I’ll take that loss just fine.  Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • jetpilot
What game did they lose? What was the reason for the cancellation?
(09-21-2023, 03:00 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: What game did they lose? What was the reason for the cancellation?
I believe it a Ohio team Johnson central was taking to the woodshed
How does the RPI account for a team that plays two less games in the regular season? No I’m not trolling or starting crap I wanna know. How does this work ?
(09-21-2023, 03:09 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 03:00 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: What game did they lose? What was the reason for the cancellation?
I believe it a Ohio team Johnson central was taking to the woodshed
That team is still on the schedule after the two bye weeks. So not sure if they ever had a game scheduled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Upnorth's post:
  • Advicegiver74
(09-21-2023, 10:16 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Corbin might have a spot open due to North Hardin canceling a few weeks ago.

The Hounds would only be able to accommodate on the 27th of October, which is the week before the playoffs begin. I believe Pikeville has a game that week. Personally, I'd rather see Pikeville than Hazard on the schedule but Corbin should really be scheduling 5A and 6A teams rather than 1A schools.

(09-21-2023, 03:38 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: How does the RPI account for a team that plays two less games in the regular season? No I’m not trolling or starting crap I wanna know. How does this work ?

It would depend on who they played in those two games if they scheduled two more opponent. If they scheduled and beat two 1A opponents. their  WP component of RPI would actually DECREASE by 0.00097 vs not playing those games at all.  If they scheduled and beat two 4A teams, the WP component would INCREASE by 0.03543 .   So it totally depends on who they would play in those additional games.  They would probably be slightly better off playing just 8 games rather than adding a game or two against 1A opponents.  Adding and beating two 4A schools would probably give some benefit to RPI vs not playing those games at all.

Of course , the WP of those two added opponents and the WP of the opponents' opponents in those two additional games come into play, as well, and could either have a positive or negative impact on RPI.  Also, not playing the out-of-state team(Dohn) might actually benefit Pikeville a little because those out of state games don't do much to help RPI. In fact, they can negatively affects because of the low OWP and OOWP allowed under the RPI system.

Bottom line is, it's probably not gonna be that much of a benefit or detriment to Pikeville by playing just eight games, unless that added and beat two really good 4, 5 or 6A teams. Of course, scheduling two really good 4, 5, or 6A schools could result in a loss, which would be hugely detrimental to RPI.  In the end, it's probably not gonna hurt them much, if any at all, by playing just 8 games.
It’s been a few years since Pikeville has played 10 regular season games I believe

Looks like somebody’s money is burning a hole in their pocket
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Deuce8, Westside
(09-21-2023, 09:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Looks like somebody’s money is burning a hole in their pocket
He’s got a whole sack full too ….. lmfao ?
Would love to see them play mayfield
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Westside
(09-21-2023, 11:19 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Would love to see them play mayfield
Would love to see Mayfield play in the Pike County Bowl but dang that’d be a haul.

Looks like Frederick Douglass is open September 29
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Alot of you need to Understand that it's not just about the date being open but the team can't already have a 10 game Schedule. KHSAA Prohibits teams from playing more than 10 Regular Season games. One team Simon Kenton has that day open and only 9 games scheduled due to the game canceled from earlier this Season. Maybe one other team but not sure yet. That's all I now so far.
(09-22-2023, 12:41 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Alot of you need to Understand that it's not just about the date being open but the team can't already have a 10 game Schedule. KHSAA Prohibits teams from playing more than 10 Regular Season games. One team Simon Kenton has that day open and only 9 games scheduled due to the game canceled from earlier this Season. Maybe one other team but not sure yet. That's all I now so far.
Douglass has 9 games and does not play 9-29.

Now that would be a great game. Wouldn't mind seeing that one played every year. Someone needs to get to work on that. Probably one reason that has never happened is the logistics. The travel distance of 800 miles round trip is pretty significant.  But they could meet at a neutral site somewhere in between Pikeville and Mayfield , like Corbin and Mayfield did for a few years at Alice Lloyd College.
(09-22-2023, 12:01 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Would love to see Mayfield play in the Pike County Bowl but dang that’d be a haul.

Looks like Frederick Douglass is open September 29
Yea that be a little far
Looks like the Phelps Hornets are open September 29
Pikeville fans, Wheelersburg (Ohio) is open this week. Their conference opponent just cancelled on them due to a lack of players because of injury. You all played them in Wheelersburg during the COVID year. They were scheduled to play on the road this week so you would probably get a home game and gate out of it.

I can send the email of the athletic director through a private message if anybody is interested!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KColley's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-27-2023, 03:57 PM)KColley Wrote: Pikeville fans, Wheelersburg (Ohio) is open this week. Their conference opponent just cancelled on them due to a lack of players because of injury. You all played them in Wheelersburg during the COVID year. They were scheduled to play on the road this week so you would probably get a home game and gate out of it.

I can send the email of the athletic director through a private message if anybody is interested!

That sounds like a Forfeit and would still count as a game played on their Schedule. Not a Cancellation. Especially if it's a Conference opponent.
(09-27-2023, 05:09 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(09-27-2023, 03:57 PM)KColley Wrote: Pikeville fans, Wheelersburg (Ohio) is open this week. Their conference opponent just cancelled on them due to a lack of players because of injury. You all played them in Wheelersburg during the COVID year. They were scheduled to play on the road this week so you would probably get a home game and gate out of it.

That sounds like a Forfeit and would still count as a game played on their Schedule. Not a Cancellation. Especially if it's a Conference opponent.

The OHSAA is weird in this sense, but if you give the opponent 48 hours notice, it doesn't count as a forfeit. It's a cancellation. Don't agree with it, but it is what it is.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Pikeville (KY) 17 (58%), [2023] Wheelersburg (OH) 14 (42%)

Please football gods let it happen at Pikeville. 4 pm Sat. would be ideal. 12 UK/FL at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4 PHS/WHS at Pikeville
7 UPike/Union at Pikeville...only negative is even a win would lower RPI and a loss would lower it a lot. After looking at RPI over lunch today for about 20 minutes I believe Pikeville finishes in top 2 for home throughout unless Raceland beats LCA (when donkeys fly). Have no clue if RPI factors into looking for a game or not...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Go right up the road and play Letcher Central. As for Raceland they would not have beaten Pike this year if the RB/LB Anthony had got to play. If they play again and he is healthy Pikeville beats Raceland by 2-3;touchdowns. Remember I said this. Raceland isn't very good. Pikeville is the best team in Class A. Nobody is even close

Hope they play again so it will shut up the ignorant arrogant fans of Raceland. Pikeville owns Raceland!!!!
^^^Letcher already has 10 games.
(09-27-2023, 07:22 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Go right up the road and play Letcher Central. As for Raceland they would not have beaten Pike this year if the RB/LB Anthony had got to play. If they play again and he is healthy Pikeville beats Raceland by 2-3;touchdowns. Remember I said this. Raceland isn't very good. Pikeville is the best team in Class A. Nobody is even close

Hope they play again so it will shut up the ignorant arrogant fans of Raceland. Pikeville owns Raceland!!!!
Ahhh bless your heart. Did somebody from Raceland pee in your Cheerios or beat your ass when you were a kid? What’s it like to just be bitter and nasty all the time. Do you need a hug or pat on the back?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(09-27-2023, 06:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Pikeville (KY) 17 (58%), [2023] Wheelersburg (OH) 14 (42%)

Please football gods let it happen at Pikeville. 4 pm Sat. would be ideal. 12 UK/FL at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4 PHS/WHS at Pikeville
7 UPike/Union at Pikeville...only negative is even a win would lower RPI and a loss would lower it a lot. After looking at RPI over lunch today for about 20 minutes I believe Pikeville finishes in top 2 for home throughout unless Raceland beats LCA (when donkeys fly). Have no clue if RPI factors into looking for a game or not...
That would be a great day of foootball for sure.
Pikeville will continue having difficulty finding 10 games being in 1A. Does very little to help you in rpi if you beat them and could terribly hurt you if you lose to them. Belfry and JC are the only teams who will play them locally and teams away from here won’t play them for rpi purposes.

(09-28-2023, 12:56 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Pikeville will continue having difficulty finding 10 games being in 1A. Does very little to help you in rpi if you beat them and could terribly hurt you if you lose to them. Belfry and JC are the only teams who will play them locally and teams away from here won’t play them for rpi purposes.
The Ohio team that they play is ranked 642 in Ohio according to MaxPreps and are 0-5. Probably about the equivalent of playing an East Ridge or Floyd Central around here.
I offered Pikeville an option this summer against a small school powerhouse willing to travel but it was crickets when I did, so no sympathy from me.

To be fair, Calpreps has that projected matchup with Pikeville losing 44-7 right now so it may have been a wise decision.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Hatz
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I offered Pikeville an option this summer against a small school powerhouse willing to travel but it was crickets when I did, so no sympathy from me.

To be fair, Calpreps has that projected matchup with Pikeville losing 44-7 right now so it may have been a wise decision.

Seems like you would want to hook them up with your alma mater lol...
All the classification advice and scheduling help from Belfry fans really warms the heart hehe

Just a wild conspiracy theory here, Pikeville staff may believe (as I do) they are sitting on an RPI that gets them home field throughout the playoffs, they have a few players banged up anyway and this is the last week open, so they are perfectly willing to be patient while keeping their eye on the big prize...

Just a thought and zero inside info...