Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 47 Hughes 12 Final
(08-19-2023, 09:14 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: These kids need to be playing both ways especially the twins, and Hughes looked like a bunch of freshman playing against our varsity, would have got more out of playing Pikeville again
What I've been preaching for years.  When you have athletes like the twins and some of those other guys you have to play them both ways. Get your best athletes on the field.  Especially in the secondary.

BINGO!!!!   I've watched championship possibilities fall short time and time again by not having your best athletes in the secondary and getting burnt on big plays. Why is it old farts on message boards can see it but old farts running the program can't, or don't want to , see it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-19-2023, 10:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: These kids need to be playing both ways especially the twins, and Hughes looked like a bunch of freshman playing against our varsity, would have got more out of playing Pikeville again
What I've been preaching for years.  When you have athletes like the twins and some of those other guys you have to play them both ways. Get your best athletes on the field.  Especially in the secondary.

BINGO!!!!   I've watched championship possibilities fall short time and time again by not having your best athletes in the secondary and getting burnt on big plays. Why is it old farts on message boards can see it but old farts running the program can't, or don't want to , see it?

I get shown film all the time and it’s there plain as day how to fix it. A coach like Haddix will watch the film and make the adjustments. The rest make all the excuses in the world on why they can’t make the adjustments. That’s what I see. I don’t like watching some teams film. It’s so obvious, I wonder about the coaching staff honestly of some programs. Now, you got to have talent and play makers but when you got them, you got to know how to use them. That’s why the same names rise to the top year after year.
(08-19-2023, 10:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I get shown film all the time and it’s there plain as day how to fix it. A coach like Haddix will watch the film and make the adjustments. The rest make all the excuses in the world on why they can’t make the adjustments. That’s what I see. I don’t like watching some teams film. It’s so obvious, I wonder about the coaching staff honestly of some programs. Now, you got to have talent and play makers but when you got them, you got to know how to use them. That’s why the same names rise to the top year after year.

I need you to join my  team's coaching staff. I think a lot of coaches spend little if any time on watching film.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42

Everytime someone says put your best guys on the field. My mind goes back to Kroger last year when our defender was so faked out he didn’t move one way or the other. Just stood there. Not his fault. Some players are just better. But there are kids who could have made those plays. I get if you don’t want them out there all game. You can sub if they get worn out. But every play matters. Get them out there. And to answer your question, I think it’s “ego” or an aspect of it. Kids have told me in the locker room in the past that they say sometbing isn’t working, but they continue to run the same thing. Like it’s just gonna magically work. I tbink what great coaches have that separate them from the rest is the ability to sallow that crap, listen to the kids and adjust. Kids aren’t always right, but coaches aren’t either. Two years ago when Jc came to Corbin and we came out from the half running the same D, that showed me a lot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
Congratulations to Corbin
(08-20-2023, 03:46 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Everytime someone says put your best guys on the field. My mind goes back to Kroger last year when our defender was so faked out he didn’t move one way or the other. Just stood there. Not his fault. Some players are just better. But there are kids who could have made those plays. I get if you don’t want them out there all game. You can sub if they get worn out. But every play matters. Get them out there. And to answer your question, I think it’s “ego” or an aspect of it. Kids have told me in the locker room in the past that they say sometbing isn’t working, but they continue to run the same thing. Like it’s just gonna magically work. I tbink what great coaches have that separate them from the rest is the ability to sallow that crap, listen to the kids and adjust. Kids aren’t always right, but coaches aren’t either. Two years ago when Jc came to Corbin and we came out from the half running the same D, that showed me a lot.
Let us not forget that got pinned on the kids afterwards….Is it just a coincidence that Haddix at a different school has played kids both ways ever since he got there?  See how that’s worked out for him…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!