Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 47 Hughes 12 Final
Final. 

Congratulations Corbin!!
Way to go Red Dawgs!
J&J smith are legit. Highlights don’t even do them justice.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Deuce8
(08-18-2023, 11:53 PM)Hound05 Wrote: J&J smith are legit. Highlights don’t even do them justice.

How did the defense look overall?
Mail them the 4A trophy with them eligible. The reign is over. Douglass won’t even be able to stop the big C Train that’s rolling through.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-19-2023, 12:03 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Mail them the 4A trophy with them eligible. The reign is over. Douglass won’t even be able to stop the big C Train that’s rolling through.

The tri county all stars have become just the all stars.. geez I kinda hope they don’t piss it away again.. I’m so sick of listening to it..
(08-18-2023, 11:53 PM)Hound05 Wrote: J&J smith are legit. Highlights don’t even do them justice.
I’m 63yrs old and it’s the first time I have ever seen 2…..4 Stars defensive players  ever in person playing in eastern Kentucky…..Man that is special
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-19-2023, 12:03 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: Mail them the 4A trophy with them eligible. The reign is over. Douglass won’t even be able to stop the big C Train that’s rolling through.
Nope probably looking at about the same score as tonight. Probably should just give CoY and Mr football to us as well to huh? 

old school, for the most part it looked pretty good. LB core had great size. And I don’t know if they don’t teach it anymore or what, but instead of coming forward they almost just paused and waited a second then made their scrapes. Either way I don’t like that. But still played well. Outside of smith I was a little worried about our Dline size. But they seemed to handle it ok. And he’ll will freeze over, but Greer actually moved the smith boys around some and gave different looks. Which was a good call. Not too many teams will be able to run on us. I just don’t see it. But speed will end up getting us if we can’t pressure the QB quick enough. 

offense looked good. Seemed like Elam might have got more control over the plays. Passed a lot more. And it was smooth. Not those little screens and then that play action slant we ran every single time last year. Bailey was pretty good. Sure do miss combs and baker on O and ST though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Someone from Corbin give me the condensed version(or long). How did Corbin look? Could you really tell anything with this much of a talent mismatch? Anything you saw that was concerning? Didn't Howard(Hughes) have a couple of decent KO returns? Special teams an issue? How about kicking? Does the defense look capable of being lockdown good against worthy opponents? Did the Smith kids seem to live up to their press clippings? Corbin. I'm sure, will score with anyone. But will they stop good offensive teams? Feed me some knowledge. Give me overall impressions of every phase of the game. Did you see any glaring weaknesses? Does this have the look of a special Corbin team or just another good team that falls short in round three or four?
(08-19-2023, 12:32 AM)Happyhour247 Wrote:

The tri county all stars have become just the all stars.. geez I kinda hope they don’t piss it away again.. I’m so sick of listening to it..
No you don’t. Then why get on a site and listen to it? Haha
(08-19-2023, 01:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Someone from Corbin give me the condensed version(or long). How did Corbin look? Could you really tell anything with this much of a talent mismatch?  Anything you saw that was concerning? Didn't Howard(Hughes) have a couple of decent KO returns? Special teams an issue? How about kicking?  Does the defense look capable of being lockdown good against worthy opponents? Did the Smith kids seem to live up to their press clippings?  Corbin. I'm sure, will score with anyone. But will they stop good offensive teams?  Feed me some knowledge. Give me overall impressions of every phase of the game. Did you see any glaring weaknesses? Does this have the look of a special Corbin team or just another good team that falls short in round three or four?
Hughes had some skills guys. Just no match for our front four. Yea it’s could be a special team. But honestly I still think we had more talent in the title game and you see how that ended. From what I’m told BC is fassttt. I’m talking chic fil a drive thru fast!  But if that scenario happens, speed doesn’t mean much if you can’t get the ball out. Not saying that’ll happen. Again, people will have problems with our D. But I from “one game” I think a weakness I saw on our d would be speed in the open field. I’m interested in seeing how the smith brothers fair against someone like JC.
(08-19-2023, 02:21 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 01:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Someone from Corbin give me the condensed version(or long). How did Corbin look? Could you really tell anything with this much of a talent mismatch?  Anything you saw that was concerning? Didn't Howard(Hughes) have a couple of decent KO returns? Special teams an issue? How about kicking?  Does the defense look capable of being lockdown good against worthy opponents? Did the Smith kids seem to live up to their press clippings?  Corbin. I'm sure, will score with anyone. But will they stop good offensive teams?  Feed me some knowledge. Give me overall impressions of every phase of the game. Did you see any glaring weaknesses? Does this have the look of a special Corbin team or just another good team that falls short in round three or four?
Hughes had some skills guys. Just no match for our front four. Yea it’s could be a special team. But honestly I still think we had more talent in the title game and you see how that ended. From what I’m told BC is fassttt. I’m talking chic fil a drive thru fast!  But if that scenario happens, speed doesn’t mean much if you can’t get the ball out. Not saying that’ll happen. Again, people will have problems with our D. But I from “one game” I think a weakness I saw on our d would be speed in the open field. I’m interested in seeing how the smith brothers fair against someone like JC.
Smith brothers looked good ,  Hughes was not a great opponent. Week 5 we will see how good they really are .. kid Elam is a absolute stud . Guy Bailey looked nice. Good win . Big Corbin crowd !!!

Can’t wait till week 5 !!! Gonna be a great game
Don’t get too excited just yet. Hughes of Ohio ranked #343 in state of Ohio on Max Preps and Corbin Ranked 12th on Max Preps. Playing a team like Hughes of Ohio is great for the fans but it’s not gonna help us prepare for a Frederick Douglas or a Boyle County. I would have like to seen us play better competition in first game of season. We looked great but was never challenged and this is exactly what the Hounds didn’t need looking at Frederick Douglas coming to town. It never fails that anytime we beat up on an average team we start hollering stuff like we’re crazy good and Mail us the 4A trophy. It’s the pigskin guys let’s play a big name team that is worthy of all that hoopla. I’ll take the win gladly but as season progresses this win does absolutely zero to help the hounds. Don’t take my word tho go to max preps and look at the pregame rankings between Hughes of Ohio and Corbin. A number 12 ranked Ky team is expected to throttle a 343 Ranked Ohio team. Who’s next.

We looked awesome if you take into account we were playing a 343 ranked Ohio Team. Misdirection at its finest. Great win..

Thumbnail(s)

(08-19-2023, 10:42 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Don’t get too excited just yet. Hughes of Ohio ranked #343 in state of Ohio on Max Preps and Corbin Ranked 12th on Max Preps. Playing a team like Hughes of Ohio is great for the fans but it’s not gonna help us prepare for a Frederick Douglas or a Boyle County. I would have like to seen us play better competition in first game of season. We looked great but was never challenged and this is exactly what the Hounds didn’t need looking at Frederick Douglas coming to town. It never fails that anytime we beat up on an average team we start hollering stuff like we’re crazy good and Mail us the 4A trophy. It’s the pigskin guys let’s play a big name team that is worthy of all that hoopla. I’ll take the win gladly but as season progresses this win does absolutely zero to help the hounds. Don’t take my word tho go to max preps and look at the pregame rankings between Hughes of Ohio and Corbin. A number 12 ranked Ky team is expected to throttle a 343 Ranked Ohio team. Who’s next.

We looked awesome if you take into account we were playing a 343 ranked Ohio Team. Misdirection at its finest. Great win..
I would agree. Hughes is a bad team. I wish Corbin would of played one of the better Cincinnati schools. That would have been a real test.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LameDawg's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
These kids need to be playing both ways especially the twins, and Hughes looked like a bunch of freshman playing against our varsity, would have got more out of playing Pikeville again
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42, Old School Hound

You know who I would have liked to have seen us play in the Pigskin?  Maryville(TN) . Could cause a RPI hit, though, especially if you lose. I'd guess Maryville is better than Fred Douglass. I always enjoyed seeing Alcoa come to town. Stiff competition.

(08-19-2023, 11:06 AM)LameDawg Wrote:

I would agree. Hughes is a bad team. I wish Corbin would of played one of the better Cincinnati schools. That would have been a real test.
Didn't Moeller, of Cincinnati , play in the Pigskin one year ?
(08-19-2023, 01:03 PM)POld School Hound Wrote:

You know who I would have liked to have seen us play in the Pigskin?  Maryville(TN) . Could cause a RPI hit, though, especially if you lose. I'd guess Maryville is better than Fred Douglass. I always enjoyed seeing Alcoa come to town. Stiff competition.
If you could get one really short referee to call the game you all would have a great chance playing Alcoa or Maryville based on the past

I for one am not a Corbin fan but have decided I’d really like for Corbin to get over the hump and finally win a title. The super teams year after year that play well and are coached well win game after game only to get bashed for coming up a game or two short. The coaches and kids are seemingly only judged by the state championship which is sad to observe year after year. So with that said Good luck Corbin for the sake of the kids and coaches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes STIFFY's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-19-2023, 01:14 PM)STIFFY Wrote:

If you could get one really short referee to call the game you all would have a great chance playing Alcoa or Maryville based on the past

I for one am not a Corbin fan but have decided I’d really like for Corbin to get over the hump and finally win a title. The super teams year after year that play well and are coached well win game after game only to get bashed for coming up a game or two short. The coaches and kids are seemingly only judged by the state championship which is sad to observe year after year. So with that said Good luck Corbin for the sake of the kids and coaches.
Didn't Alcoa come back to Corbin after the controversial game and beat the Hounds?
(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: These kids need to be playing both ways especially the twins, and Hughes looked like a bunch of freshman playing against our varsity, would have got more out of playing Pikeville again
Nailed it!! Waiting on someone other than myself to see it. Greer creates a lot of hype for the pigskin game, brings in a 343 Ranked team in Ohio and beats up on them badly and creates the idea of hey we’re crazy good or Mail the 4A trophy to Corbin now. Gets people drinking that winning koolaide knowing come playoff time the let down is coming. Can we please play Southwestern or Bowling Green or someone that will help us win the big one. Everyone so excited about us winning last night calling it a business meeting. Lol. The koolaide business is good.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • bcpc, TD Hounds

I was wondering how they performed.
They have to be good to get all the offers. No doubt about that.
Corbin should trade a future draft pick for Partin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • papagrit
(08-19-2023, 02:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I was wondering how they performed.
Doug, pretty dang good. But we all (except one fan who isn’t even a Corbin fan) realize it was vs a very average team.
  • pjdoug
FACEBOOK BH4 video to see some highlights
  • pjdoug

It’s not the kids that I’ve seen who are being bashed, we’ve absolutely had all the talent needed to win it.  I think Brody Wells showed last year what I’d been saying all along kid was underutilized from the time he showed up in a Corbin uniform.  Combs should have been playing safety or CB and we could have played some of our lineman both ways in jumbo sets both ways.  It’s never been the kids I love every one of them that puts on that uniform. Curry hasn’t played near as much on the offensive side as he should have been either.
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Hi Risk Warrior
(08-19-2023, 02:33 PM)Hound05 Wrote: FACEBOOK BH4 video to see some highlights

I watched the video. It's hard to get a good read against the poor competition, but Elam looks sharp, and Bailey has a lot of speed. The twins are definitely gonna be game changers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(08-19-2023, 02:08 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: These kids need to be playing both ways especially the twins, and Hughes looked like a bunch of freshman playing against our varsity, would have got more out of playing Pikeville again
Nailed it!! Waiting on someone other than myself to see it. Greer creates a lot of hype for the pigskin game, brings in a 343 Ranked team in Ohio and beats up on them badly and creates the idea of hey we’re crazy good or Mail the 4A trophy to Corbin now. Gets people drinking that winning koolaide knowing come playoff time the let down is coming. Can we please play Southwestern or Bowling Green or someone that will help us win the big one. Everyone so excited about us winning last night calling it a business meeting. Lol. The koolaide business is good.
I agree that Tom Tom should have scheduled a better opponent than Howard Hughes. Now, I know people don't like RPI, and want to poo poo it, but it does matter. Lose to a really tough opponent and Freddy D and you could find yourself in Paintsville or Danville in round three facing Johnson Central or Boyle on the road. If you are gonna schedule a really good early opponent, better make pretty damn sure you're likely to beat them. I'd love to see Corbin-Alcoa, part III , but I DON'T want to see Haddix prior to Kroger!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
(08-19-2023, 02:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

It’s not the kids that I’ve seen who are being bashed, we’ve absolutely had all the talent needed to win it.  I think Brody Wells showed last year what I’d been saying all along kid was underutilized from the time he showed up in a Corbin uniform.  Combs should have been playing safety or CB and we could have played some of our lineman both ways in jumbo sets both ways.  It’s never been the kids I love every one of them that puts on that uniform.  Curry hasn’t played near as much on the offensive side as he should have been either.
No it’s never been the kids. Like you. I’m proud of everyone of them. I look at like this. If a team, let’s say one of the laurel county teams, don’t have enough talent to win a title. People will say it. We just don’t have the coaching to win. I’ll say it. We’ve ran off just about every coach worth their weight for the good ole boys. We’ve def got the talent. Titles have been won with less. Just don’t have the coaching to get us over the hump. I will say I think Elam is better than what he gets credit for. I think it’s more a philosophy of the top man to control the clock and not air it out when we have the players to do it. But we’ll see I guess.
  • Bull got out!
(08-19-2023, 03:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 02:08 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
I agree that Tom Tom should have scheduled a better opponent than Howard Hughes. Now, I know people don't like RPI, and want to poo poo it, but it does matter. Lose to a really tough opponent and Freddy D and you could find yourself in Paintsville or Danville in round three facing Johnson Central or Boyle on the road. If you are gonna schedule a really good early opponent, better make pretty damn sure you're likely to beat them. I'd love to see Corbin-Alcoa, part III , but I DON'T want to see Haddix prior to Kroger!!!
All roads in 4A leads to Boyle County. Tom Tom knows it and he still won’t beat Boyle County with the twins or triplets. Very interesting write up tho.
What I've been preaching for years.  When you have athletes like the twins and some of those other guys you have to play them both ways. Get your best athletes on the field.  Especially in the secondary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • Old School Hound