Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central Cougars 2008
not to bash anyone, but this is a highschool thread is this is about a highschool football team, it doesnt matter if he rushed for 20,000 yards this is a total different game
Well he's now in High School and were talking about what impact some incoming freshman may have!:thumpsup:
i know, im not taking anything away from that, i hope they do make an impact but lets look ahead to the future and not talk back and forth about middle school rushing yards
I don't know why LCC gets so much love on here. They are the most over-hyped team in the mountains. They had such an easy path to the state semi's last year it is not funny. The biggest win they had was at Clay Co. and come on Clay is not exactley Bell Co or Belfry.
I watched them at Pike Central against PCC & Sheldon Clark and thought they were average at best. They might win their weak district, but they will not make any noise on a state level. They are an average 5A football team.
Winning breeds winning on any level and everyone likes to be a part of a winner. If you are envious of that jump on board, otherwise find someone else to critique.

LCC plays the teams they must play and they took care of business. I expect the same. I love the Cougars.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I don't know why LCC gets so much love on here. They are the most over-hyped team in the mountains. They had such an easy path to the state semi's last year it is not funny. The biggest win they had was at Clay Co. and come on Clay is not exactley Bell Co or Belfry.
I watched them at Pike Central against PCC & Sheldon Clark and thought they were average at best. They might win their weak district, but they will not make any noise on a state level. They are an average 5A football team.

LCC didn't make it to semi state...they made it to regionals....I strongly felt that we shoudl have played lincoln co or johnson central in regionals instead of going all the way to ky/ohio state line..that isn't regional football...
well cats pause last year had whitley co #2 ahead of us, so they didn't give us credit where credit was due.
the reason LCC gets the love is because the thread is about the cougars..why wouldn't they get the love.."Letcher Co Central Cougars 2008". We was just glad to be playing football in november.
cougarpride08 Wrote:LCC didn't make it to semi state...they made it to regionals....I strongly felt that we shoudl have played lincoln co or johnson central in regionals instead of going all the way to ky/ohio state line..that isn't regional football...

yeah i agree man..we had to go all the way to louisville to play our regional game
whoever come up with the idea that a eastern ky team has to travel to northern ky to play for a regional title, must have been from the big city.
Travel takes alot out of football team. Bus ride is sometimes like playing two games.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I'm going to say 7-3 or 8-2

8-2 or maybe even 9-1 if the play all 4 quarters like they played the 2 half of every ball game last yr.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I don't know why LCC gets so much love on here. They are the most over-hyped team in the mountains. They had such an easy path to the state semi's last year it is not funny. The biggest win they had was at Clay Co. and come on Clay is not exactley Bell Co or Belfry.

At a passing league? I hope that is not how you judge teams! If that was the case Belfry and Pikeville would never be any good. Football is about blocking and tackling and neither is done in a passing league. It is basically a practice for your passing game. I shouldn't even respond to such a post but I just had to.
Amen, watch them on the 29th and let's talk then.
I went up there and talked to some who was lifting weights. There official practice doesn't start until tuesday. They have a new assistant coach who was coach at a virginia school who went to three state title games, and he was a assistant at UVA Wisa college.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I went up there and talked to some who was lifting weights. There official practice doesn't start until tuesday. They have a new assistant coach who was coach at a virginia school who went to three state title games, and he was a assistant at UVA Wisa college.

Who is it? What will he be coaching?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I went up there and talked to some who was lifting weights. There official practice doesn't start until tuesday. They have a new assistant coach who was coach at a virginia school who went to three state title games, and he was a assistant at UVA Wisa college.

He is not hired yet. He is helping with the camp and may be a coach here in the future.
Is this coach Robert Bentley? He was an assistant coach at UVA WISE and a defensive coach at John I. Burton in Norton Virginia.He is an alumni of Fleming Neon.If he is added to the LCC staff that would be a great pick-up!!!!!!!!!!!
:Clap:
Robert Bentley with the Sophmores and under we got coming up could prove very potent. Good news is always welcome news!!!!