Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
59.52%
Pikeville
40.48%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Covington Catholic @ Pikeville 8/27
(08-26-2022, 08:19 AM)Roncris8 Wrote: You gotta go with Duty,  with Birchfield and Wright , Pikeville has plenty of run game.   O line needs to give Duty time to make decisions and the world will be ok.     Gotta have a threat of a passing game to have a good running game.   Just because the other kids have a big run here and there that is not the balanced football Pikeville usually has.
You must not be familiar with Belfry football. 8 state championships with 0 total completed passes in those 8 games. You can be a heavy run team if you have the horses to do so and it seems Pikeville has plenty of them. You can still pass short/intermediate game with Boykins at qb.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Fanatic42
Incase I missed it on here, is there a live stream tonight for the game?
(08-26-2022, 06:11 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: Incase I missed it on here, is there a live stream tonight for the game?
Wymt is having it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Slic Ric
(08-26-2022, 09:19 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 06:11 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: Incase I missed it on here, is there a live stream tonight for the game?
Wymt is having it

What time?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Pikeville can win or keep this one close I would think they would still be the early favorite to win 1A . Covington Catholic usually has a quality team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(08-26-2022, 09:22 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 09:19 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
Wymt is having it

What time?

The Pikeville /Covington Catholic game is at 7pm today 8/27.
Game day Panthers time to buckle up and play like you can this old fan will be there to cheer you guys on and as usual GO PANTHERS!!!
(08-26-2022, 03:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote: CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Pikeville (KY) 22, [2022] Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 21
Tell CovCath not to even get on the bus. A computer picked who was winning. There is no need to even show up
(08-27-2022, 03:22 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: If Pikeville can win or keep this one close I would think they would still be the early favorite to win 1A . Covington Catholic usually has a quality team.
Agree. Once again 1A belongs to Pikeville. Coach Mac will have them ready by playoff time.
I think Pikeville has the better team after watching film
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-27-2022, 12:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I think Pikeville has the better team after watching film
Pikeville’s first 11 they put on the field on offense and defense will matchup with anyone they play. Problem is when they start having to sub other guys in. Cov Cath has the depth advantage and that could play a big role in the outcome of this one.
(08-27-2022, 12:52 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 12:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I think Pikeville has the better team after watching film
Pikeville’s first 11 they put on the field on offense and defense will matchup with anyone they play. Problem is when they start having to sub other guys in. Cov Cath has the depth advantage and that could play a big role in the outcome of this one.

That has definitely been the advantage for Pikeville in recent years. Not only was their starters better than you, the reserve guys were probably better than your team as well
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-27-2022, 11:32 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
Tell CovCath not to even get on the bus. A computer picked who was winning. There is no need to even show up
Unlike Raceland last year, Cov Cath will show up and be competitive
Is today the day we see Carson in the backfield?
#BBFL
What are the start times for both games?
(08-27-2022, 03:46 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: What are the start times for both games?

Pikeville is 7
Second game follows
#BBFL
(08-27-2022, 03:46 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: What are the start times for both games?
Second game says 9 but it will be around 10 getting started possibly later depending on how long the 1st game lasts.
Anybody have a direct link to the game?
(08-27-2022, 07:45 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Anybody have a direct link to the game?
 Game will be on WYMT2 HI at 7.00pm
https://www.wymt.com/livestream/
(08-27-2022, 11:32 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

LOL
(08-26-2022, 01:34 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 01:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I would have to agree. Highlands is a bit of a stock market team, one week there up and one week they are down. Hard to gauge them for me. But still a quality opponent to prepare for the bigger picture. I like using teams for measuring sticks but at the end of the day, the coaches who make adjustments and pay attention to details will be standing in the end. Good opponents like Highlands will do just that, give you plenty of feedback.
It’s amazing how that program plummeted in such a short period of time.  I remember when they were untouchable and everyone in the state outside of the big 3 in Louisville was afraid of them.  

I agree about being prepared.  That is what has really set Pikeville apart from the pack in the last few years.  Coach Mac always finds a way to get his teams ready for the playoffs and I don’t see this year being any different.
Not everyone was afraid of them….but they definitely benefited from their arch rival not having a coach for the better part of a decade.