Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Five Sophomores for 07/08 Season in the 14th Region
Cox and Brewer
Now that the season has been going on for a while and they have got to play would say the top 5 is...

1.Cox
2.Stamper
3.Whitaker
4.Bartrum
5.C Noble
1.Tate
2.Whitaker
3.Fugate
4.Stamper
5.Gayheart
MountainFan Wrote:Just name every sophomore that attends KCC. It's alright to be a little bias, but it seems that everyone that is a sophomore from KCC is almost mentioned here!
Haha yeah i noticed that. This site appears to have a majority of KCC fans on here. Tate Cox would recieve my vote right now. Very nice player. He see's the floor well, and best of all has a great attitude. I have seen KCC play a couple times and it appears to me that everytime stamper got the ball he would fold and throw it away. Until he learns to keep his cool in pressured situations he will not be a great player just decent.
Cacklin from Estill has to be in there somewhere
Survivor Wrote:I've seen him play many times and NO WAY is he in a class by himself. The other two I mentioned are as good or better. What is it in your opinion that separates him from the other two players? He's a streaky shooter, he doesn't handle the ball as well as Whitaker and he's small. The only thing he does better than Whitaker is shoot the 10 to 15 ft jumper off the dribble. Media and JBS have put him in a class by himself, but no one else.
Agree
Survivor Wrote:I've seen him play many times and NO WAY is he in a class by himself. The other two I mentioned are as good or better. What is it in your opinion that separates him from the other two players? He's a streaky shooter, he doesn't handle the ball as well as Whitaker and he's small. The only thing he does better than Whitaker is shoot the 10 to 15 ft jumper off the dribble. Media and JBS have put him in a class by himself, but no one else.

Tate is hardly a streaky shooter. He playes like he has ice watter in his veins, never looses composure and can produce in a clutch situation. Im sure the other two boys are good players too but tate will be my favorite in his class everytime.
srixon2 Wrote:Cacklin from Estill has to be in there somewhere

cacklin is a junior
globetrotter12 Wrote:Haha yeah i noticed that. This site appears to have a majority of KCC fans on here. Tate Cox would recieve my vote right now. Very nice player. He see's the floor well, and best of all has a great attitude. I have seen KCC play a couple times and it appears to me that everytime stamper got the ball he would fold and throw it away. Until he learns to keep his cool in pressured situations he will not be a great player just decent.

Tate Cox is a good player, but, he is also suppose to be a senior in hs not a sophamore. Stuart is suppose to be a junior, so I'll go with Bartrum since he is the youngest and in the correct grade. And he will improve.
It dont matter if Cox got held back because next year Clint Stepp will be the #1 in JBS eyes.
RavenBoy Wrote:It dont matter if Cox got held back because next year Clint Stepp will be the #1 in JBS eyes.

100% true
81_points Wrote:what about the collins kid from kcc..hes a very good defensive player and has some offense game to...i think alot of people overlooks this kid...

Who is the Collins kid from KCC. So at the JBS game i wont overlook him??:p
Tate Cox is no doubt the best sophomore in the region and quite possibly best overall out of all classes.
Cox is definatly #1..
then Stamper 2nd...
& Bartrum as 3........
i personally wouldnt even put Clint Stepp in the top 10
we all know he can shoot the 3..but i havent seen much else from him
randomfan4 Wrote:Cox is definatly #1..
then Stamper 2nd...
& Bartrum as 3........
i personally wouldnt even put Clint Stepp in the top 10
we all know he can shoot the 3..but i havent seen much else from him
Guys i dont see how Bartrums name is even mentioned in the top sophomores in the 14th. He has one good game against lcc and everyone has put his name in the mix. Whitaker from Hazard is a lot better than bartrum. Until Bartrum has a better attitute toward the game and is willing to listen to people to get better and work for it. He will never be a great player..
globetrotter12 Wrote:Guys i dont see how Bartrums name is even mentioned in the top sophomores in the 14th. He has one good game against lcc and everyone has put his name in the mix. Whitaker from Hazard is a lot better than bartrum. Until Bartrum has a better attitute toward the game and is willing to listen to people to get better and work for it. He will never be a great player..

globetrotter12 Wrote:Haha yeah i noticed that. This site appears to have a majority of KCC fans on here. Tate Cox would recieve my vote right now. Very nice player. He see's the floor well, and best of all has a great attitude. I have seen KCC play a couple times and it appears to me that everytime stamper got the ball he would fold and throw it away. Until he learns to keep his cool in pressured situations he will not be a great player just decent.

1. ever sophomore from kcc is mentioned on here, because they all are out standing players. very talented boys, and they can flat out play ball.

2. Bartrums name def. deserves to have his name mentioned here. he's had more than one good game, hes contributed to alot of games that kcc has won. i agree, he does need to learn how to control his attitude, but never the lesshes and excellent basketball player, and thats a fact that no one can denie.

but anyway..
1.Tate Cox
2.Stuart Stamper
3. Josh Whitaker
4.Logan Bartrum
5.Clint Stepp(he's a good shooter, but needs to learn to play defense a bit more)
Cox is for sure the #1
Also I think Corey Martin from Hazard should be on the list...
Tate Cox- JBS
1. Tate Cox
2. Clint Stepp
3. Josh Whitaker
4. Corey Martin
5. Stuart Stamper
Cox-JBS
Whitaker-Hazard
Stamper-KCC
Brewer-Powell
C Noble-PCC
blackcat_student Wrote:Make sure that you don't bash any of these players or your post will be deleted.

Thanks a lot. That was badly needed.
Tate is not only the best sophomore, he is probably the #2 player in this region.
Cox
Whitaker
Stamper
Brewer
C.Noble
My Bad, i didnt see that i already posted....
Timmy Murrell From Owsley Co. Looking Very Good!!