Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 10/19
jchsrulz Wrote:I don't think he is preaching bull, not to be a smart-alek. The games they have won are against lesser opponents, and they have lost against the big boys, that is all I read into his statement.
Now the Tigers have shown some fight in a couple of the games, but can they step up against one of the Ville's and prove who thr REAL 'ViLLE is? I think they can! Especially if Panther injuries are still there. Nothing against Pikeville, ut just rooting for another Johnson County team.:rockon:

I agree, i was just using him as a prep for my next quote in comparing the two schedule and results.
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree, i was just using him as a prep for my next quote in comparing the two schedule and results.

OOHH!! HEE HEEBig Grin
I gotta feelin my boys in blue are gonna pull this one off.

Paintsville 25
Pikeville 21
Pikeville
OffTheHook Wrote:OK now your turn: Let's look at Pikeville:
Barely Beat L.Holy Cross who's record is 4-3 and Raceland could beat., Beat Ashland who is waaay down this year, Beat BL who they have to play and Paintsville beat, Lost to Lex. Cath. (#2 team in 4A), Beat AC who they have to play and Paintsville beat, Lost to Belfry (#1 Team in 3A), Beat SF who they have to play and Paintsvile beat, Lost to P-Burg (#8 team in 2A). So from the way it looks they have played VERY simular schedules. So tell me, who has Pikeville beat beside LHC. who IMO shouldn't even be ranked. So before you speak, know what you are talking about.

well lets look at the facts:

they both killed betsy layne, scored in the 50's, Pikeville beat South Floyd 54-12, painstville only won 27-14, P-burg shut out paintsville, pikeville scored twice against them. Pikeville beat Ashland by two touchdowns, Raceland killed Paintsville 54-30, and Raceland barley beat Ashland 23-20...Pikeville has played Lexington catholic, Belfry, P-burg, Louisville Holy Cross, Ashland...Paintsville's played...Johnson Central, P-burg, and the only other really good team they have left to play is Sheldon Clark and they will get smoked....The schedule is leaning toward pikeville being the hardest but not by much, however, the teams they have both played pikeville has won more handily..
bigE Wrote:well lets look at the facts:

they both killed betsy layne, scored in the 50's, Pikeville beat South Floyd 54-12, painstville only won 27-14, P-burg shut out paintsville, pikeville scored twice against them. Pikeville beat Ashland by two touchdowns, Raceland killed Paintsville 54-30, and Raceland barley beat Ashland 23-20...Pikeville has played Lexington catholic, Belfry, P-burg, Louisville Holy Cross, Ashland...Paintsville's played...Johnson Central, P-burg, and the only other really good team they have left to play is Sheldon Clark and they will get smoked....The schedule is leaning toward pikeville being the hardest but not by much, however, the teams they have both played pikeville has won more handily..

So you are saying Pikeville is no good? As everyone also knows..you can't look at the final scores of games. Ask USC. lol The only thing that matters is getting the W. No matter the score. The only thing I am saying is they have beaten pretty much the same teams. I know Pikeville has won a couple non district games. But, IMO they were against not so strong teams. You said that they (Tigers) had played no one, when Pikeville's scheduled is almost like Paintsville's. But, we'll see friday night. I really feel that tha Tigers can do this. Go Blue! I Believe!
OffTheHook Wrote:So you are saying Pikeville is no good? As everyone also knows..you can't look at the final scores of games. Ask USC. lol The only thing that matters is getting the W. No matter the score. The only thing I am saying is they have beaten pretty much the same teams. I know Pikeville has won a couple non district games. But, IMO they were against not so strong teams. You said that they (Tigers) had played no one, when Pikeville's scheduled is almost like Paintsville's. But, we'll see friday night. I really feel that tha Tigers can do this. Go Blue! I Believe!

thats about right comparing paintsville to USC!!! they could probably win that game too couldn't they...theres obviously no way to prove a point to someone who is so narrow minded to one team...there are other teams in the state besides paintsville i promise ive seen em..
well Tim Honaker couldnt play against the blackcats. Next years starting QB blake branham couldnt get the Job done. IMO Honaker would've turned the game around being O Captain.

Pikeville by 35
If...Then Wrote:well Tim Honaker couldnt play against the blackcats. Next years starting QB blake branham couldnt get the Job done. IMO Honaker would've turned the game around being O Captain.

Pikeville by 35

Is Tim playin against Paintsville? Also, what is the status on Ted?
jchsrulz Wrote:I don't think he is preaching bull, not to be a smart-alek. The games they have won are against lesser opponents, and they have lost against the big boys, that is all I read into his statement.
Now the Tigers have shown some fight in a couple of the games, but can they step up against one of the Ville's and prove who thr REAL 'ViLLE is? I think they can! Especially if Panther injuries are still there. Nothing against Pikeville, ut just rooting for another Johnson County team.:rockon:

Nice to see you rooting! Thanks! :Cheerlead
#1TigerFan Wrote:Nice to see you rooting! Thanks! :Cheerlead
Some of my best friends went to Paintsville. I'm just not old enough to hate the other team like most of our parents do! Got about 10-15 more years to become a hater!!! LOLCool
i actually think paintsville can pull this one off, leaving pikeville last in the tri city since a long time..good luck to both teams.
bigE Wrote:thats about right comparing paintsville to USC!!! they could probably win that game too couldn't they...theres obviously no way to prove a point to someone who is so narrow minded to one team...there are other teams in the state besides paintsville i promise ive seen em..

Now ya see. Here is were you are wrong again. Narrow minded? Please, We will be lucky to win another game. Pikeville and PCC are our best chances. I can honestly say... Show me were I have been narrow minded to the Tigers. You aren't even worth the time to type at. I have picked the last 3 for them to loose. All I am sayin don't agree with @#%$ that you have no clue what you are talking about. See knowing your teams ability and talking %$*@ are two different things. So this is my last post with a clueless person on this subject.:igiveup:
If...Then Wrote:well Tim Honaker couldnt play against the blackcats. Next years starting QB blake branham couldnt get the Job done. IMO Honaker would've turned the game around being O Captain.

Pikeville by 35
You could probably call Blake this years starting QB. Tim is not a captain that I know of right now.
Redneck Wrote:Is Tim playin against Paintsville? Also, what is the status on Ted?
Both are fine and both are playing on Friday night.
bigpun Wrote:You could probably call Blake this years starting QB. Tim is not a captain that I know of right now.

LOL.. Is it Hamron then? Chaz?
Hey Members...Let's STOP the name calling, personal comments directed toward other posters, and use of foul language.

Please, Keep it clean and civil.

Thank You!
bigpun Wrote:Both are fine and both are playing on Friday night.

Thanks for the info bigpun.

I'm gonna say Pikeville by 14.
This is going to be a very close game...

Paintsville: 28
Pikeville: 21
I have watched Pikeville several games, but have yet to see the Tigers play. What kind of offense does Paintsville run. I know of the Vanhoose kid, and that he has a pretty good arm. Does he play QB or what are the plusses for the Paintsville offense?????
Pikevillle will win this game not sure by how much but if they have a full strength team they will win no doubt.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:I have watched Pikeville several games, but have yet to see the Tigers play. What kind of offense does Paintsville run. I know of the Vanhoose kid, and that he has a pretty good arm. Does he play QB or what are the plusses for the Paintsville offense?????
Paintsville has very good speed at most of the skill positions. Not sure on who is playing QB Friday night, but IMO, with Humphrey under center, it adds a whole new demention to Paintsville's offense. I'm not knocking JD, but I think that VanHoose is a much better TE, or even FB, as to QB. He played very well against Raceland, and had 3 or 4 pretty nice catches, 1 for a TD. With Humphrey taking the snaps, and 2 speedy halfbacks, Paintsville may be able to run more option plays, depending on Pikeville's defense. Best of Luck to both teams.
Pikeville
Pupaw Wrote:Paintsville has very good speed at most of the skill positions. Not sure on who is playing QB Friday night, but IMO, with Humphrey under center, it adds a whole new demention to Paintsville's offense. I'm not knocking JD, but I think that VanHoose is a much better TE, or even FB, as to QB. He played very well against Raceland, and had 3 or 4 pretty nice catches, 1 for a TD. With Humphrey taking the snaps, and 2 speedy halfbacks, Paintsville may be able to run more option plays, depending on Pikeville's defense. Best of Luck to both teams.

Paintsville is a much better team with Corey under center. JD is a much better TE or FB than he is QB, no offense to him. Humphrey has the speed and quickness to escape pressure if he has to and IMO has a much better arm both accuracy and strength. Humph woulda been the startin QB from the beginnin if JD wouldn't have came out this year, I guess they figured with JD havin an exception arm it would be a plus to have Corey and Deaton playin WR. And like you said, they should be able to run the option some, but if they are goin to they need to run speed options out of the shotgun formation.
I agree completely. If Paintsville's O-Line was a little stronger, I could see them running the option more and more, without having to drop back to shotgun.
Pikeville by 21...as bad as they have looked lately.
i would love to see paintsville take this one.
Gotta stick to my boys in blue on this one. Go Tigers!!!!!
I think this game could be very close in the begining...but I think Pikeville will pull away and win by 2 scores...

Panthers - 35
Tigers - 20