Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 80 Martin County 63
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I'm confused by this. So he can impress coaches and play well enough for offers against elite talent in AAU, but can't dominate in high school ball against 6'2" centers? Not knocking the kid or saying he can't play, but I'm trying to understand the logic. Are you saying he doesn't try as hard, or doesn't care while playing high school games because coaches aren't watching?
I’m guessing what he means is when he plays with AAU, the other teams aren’t keying on him, whereas around here he’s getting doubled on the offensive side of the floor and no one takes it to him on the defensive side.
In regards to the Hazard-Bryan Station game, things changed after the half when Al went zone. The Defenders didn't know what to do with it. Plus, their shooting cooled off.
Nobody comes into Hazard and leaves feeling good about the officiating.
Freedom sport Wrote:Last year Dingess averaged 9 points a game, so far with Martin County he has had close to 20 points every game. Sounds to me like that is pretty consistent.

We probably need more than 1 game to see what a player avg’s. If not we could say Paintsville’s C. Fuget avg over 40pts consistently this season. So Dingess had 20pts vs Hazard? I didn’t get to see the Box scores but that’s pretty impressive!!
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Hazard is for sure the best team in the 14th when they play out of region teams at home. Bryan Station go the welcome mat put out for them yesterday. I there was several T’s called and a ton of questionable at best calls in Hazards favor. Not at all saying Hazard isn’t good, but Big Al knows how to “prepare” for out of region teams.
Big Al is perfecting his “Home Cooking” with his little zebra buddies to the point that descent teams will probably not reschedule with him and Hazard. There’s to many good schools with great coaches out there to play to put up with Big Al’s Home Cooking. Coaches start with nothing and leave with a reputation....
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:We probably need more than 1 game to see what a player avg’s. If not we could say Paintsville’s C. Fuget avg over 40pts consistently this season. So Dingess had 20pts vs Hazard? I didn’t get to see the Box scores but that’s pretty impressive!!

Martin County has had 3 games not 1
Redneck Wrote:I’m guessing what he means is when he plays with AAU, the other teams aren’t keying on him, whereas around here he’s getting doubled on the offensive side of the floor and no one takes it to him on the defensive side.
The point was, on James' AAU team he is surrounded by 12-13 other kids that are receiving offers from DI colleges, some mid-major, some major... That's not something he has at Martin Co. Like you said, around here the other teams are keyed in on him and hacking and beating and banging him the entire game...
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:We probably need more than 1 game to see what a player avg’s. If not we could say Paintsville’s C. Fuget avg over 40pts consistently this season. So Dingess had 20pts vs Hazard? I didn’t get to see the Box scores but that’s pretty impressive!!

According to the KHSAA stats, Brady Dingess has played in 3 games this year and has scored 54 points in those 3 games with a 18 point average per game.

I saw the LC game and Brady dropped 19 points and lead his team well. Brady is the real deal and the Cards are getting warmed up..... Confusednicker:

Not to hijack the Hazard/Martin County game thread, but how did Paintsville do up there Saturday. I know Perry beat them, but you mentioned Fugate. Did he play Saturday?