Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2019
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:My bad
No reason at all to say my bad. Loved the two summaries, just wanted to make sure Mr. Pruitt got his props too. Lol. Gonna miss the heck out of these linemen, they were a special group. Technique, attitude, coachability, etc they were ALL a pleasure to watch over the past 4 years. Hopefully these youngsters coming up paid attention (I think they did) to the little things this group did. Those backups and starters would have been starters at just about any school they went to because of the mentality they had!
PHSForever Wrote:No reason at all to say my bad. Loved the two summaries, just wanted to make sure Mr. Pruitt got his props too. Lol. Gonna miss the heck out of these linemen, they were a special group. Technique, attitude, coachability, etc they were ALL a pleasure to watch over the past 4 years. Hopefully these youngsters coming up paid attention (I think they did) to the little things this group did. Those backups and starters would have been starters at just about any school they went to because of the mentality they had!

I agree!
Pikeville will be the consensus favorite for 1A the next two seasons for good reason.

I do think that the Panthers have holes to fill bigger than they are realizing specifically in Conner Roberts and the Hunter kid.

I have no doubt MacNamee is going to be an excellent QB, but Roberts WAS the Pikeville running game as well. Despite losing Billiter and Watkins I think Hensley and Pugh will pick up where they left off catching the ball, but the Pikeville run game i anticipate will take a step back at least during the regular season.

Defensively I think Pikeville will have a 1A Championship caliber team. Hunter was so good up front though and I fully anticipate the DLine to miss him dearly. I think the LB and DB units will help balance this loss out some, but there is no doubt there will be games Pikeville fans will be wishing he was still out there another year. Billiter had play making ability in the secondary but he also had a pension for getting beat by being too aggressive.

Bottom line, if Pikeville solidifies their OLine and keeps Hensley healthy and MacNamee protects the football I am not sure there are more than 2 or 3 teams in 1A next year with enough weapons to go toe to toe with them.
Nice analysis HP and EKU. You guys pay attention well. Word on the street is Pikevilles 8th grade group got an upgrade as well. Times 2. Early signing period may not be over either. 2020 may be the year to get Pikeville because if you don’t you might be waiting at least 3 more years. 2 solid classes back to back means trouble in Single A football.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Nice analysis HP and EKU. You guys pay attention well. Word on the street is Pikevilles 8th grade group got an upgrade as well. Times 2. Early signing period may not be over either. 2020 may be the year to get Pikeville because if you don’t you might be waiting at least 3 more years. 2 solid classes back to back means trouble in Single A football.

In 2020 the 8th graders of this past season will be sophomores. They just came off an 8th grade season where they beat Belfry 38-6 I believe in the regional championship. Also beat the Div 1 champs (Boyle Co.) on their home field, lost in OT to divison 2 champ JC in a game they dominated but gave up 2 kickoff return TDs, and lost in semis in Div 3 to eventual champ Meece by 6. I think I have it basically right. So good luck getting them in 2020.

BTW, the upgrade x2 you speak of...one game changing type player or 2 regular players?
jetpilot Wrote:In 2020 the 8th graders of this past season will be sophomores. They just came off an 8th grade season where they beat Belfry 38-6 I believe in the regional championship. Also beat the Div 1 champs (Boyle Co.) on their home field, lost in OT to divison 2 champ JC in a game they dominated but gave up 2 kickoff return TDs, and lost in semis in Div 3 to eventual champ Meece by 6. I think I have it basically right. So good luck getting them in 2020.

BTW, the upgrade x2 you speak of...one game changing type player or 2 regular players?

Remember the old Coors Light commercial?.....AND TWINS!!!! 😜
Pikeville should obviously be viewed as the favorite. While they do have holes to fill, pikeville is a reloading program rather than a rebuilding one
Hey JP how does two 6’3 14 YO 8th graders sound. They very well could be 6’5 210 range by the time they’re Sophomores. Very nice additions to an already loaded class. My point about 2020 was the Panthers will be counting on a lot of underclassmen, because that 2020 class is a little light in numbers. Not to say they won’t be solid because they can be, think 2017, when the Panthers ended up a last second FG away from the state championship when no one gave them a prayer. The current Fresh class is stacked and the current 8th grade class has a ton of potential. Panthers very good next year, then a little fall off possibly depending on how the youngins develop, and when I say a little drop off I mean still a very good chance at a state championship run just maybe not the favorite. Then in 2021, and 2022 back to being consensus favorites. I may convert after all.
When I say 2020 class I mean football year, not graduating year. I should’ve clarified