Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 AP All State Teams Announced
SOOOO tired of the complete disrespect for players in Eastern KY!!!
If I remember correctly, it takes two people voting for someone to at least get that person honorable mention. It is like every other post season awards list: a popularity contest. I said it before and will say it again here: it trickles down to even the local awards. Not disrespecting the work kids put in, I want to make that clear. But I'm seeing kids make 1st or 2nd team all county or honorable mention, that couldn't start JV at Pikeville (for example), and definitely could not crack starting varsity rotation, and they're getting picked over rotation guys or even starters at Pikeville. C'mon man! But it is what it is.
This has been going on for how long ? I mean it happens every year, right? When you consider the talent that comes out of East Ky. year In and your out and no real consideration for these young men, it's sad. Look at what linemen Brayden ''Bull" Hunter and Jesse Sparks has done for the Panthers this season, along with QB Conner Roberts . Belfry puts out great linemen year after year. Ethan Wolford, and John Young should have been better honored than this. I guess the powers that be think we should be used to it after all these years.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:This has been going on for how long ? I mean it happens every year, right? When you consider the talent that comes out of East Ky. year In and your out and no real consideration for these young men, it's sad. Look at what linemen Brayden ''Bull" Hunter and Jesse Sparks has done for the Panthers this season, along with QB Conner Roberts . Belfry puts out great linemen year after year. Ethan Wolford, and John Young should have been better honored than this. I guess the powers that be think we should be used to it after all these years.

Agree with everything you and PHSForever said. I won't say anything else about Ethan Wolford other than what I already said because he's my son but absolutely agree about Bull and Connor being on this team, and should have been near the top! Sparks too. And what you said about even the local teams that is selected was dead on to. Politics! But I'm like y'all, it is what it is. I told my boy if he wants it bad enough, dont worry about what a poll says, go get it!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Agree with everything you and PHSForever said. I won't say anything else about Ethan Wolford other than what I already said because he's my son but absolutely agree about Bull and Connor being on this team, and should have been near the top! Sparks too. And what you said about even the local teams that is selected was dead on to. Politics! But I'm like y'all, it is what it is. I told my boy if he wants it bad enough, dont worry about what a poll says, go get it!

That's it exactly 55. Having the feeling of accomplishing your goals and working hard for it means so much more than any recognition that could be bestowed on anyone, jmo.
The Courier-Journal All-State Team is done by the coaches. Making that team is not subject to politics like the AP is. Most of the media doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground, much less football.
Greenup County, Lawrence County, Ashland, Russell, Raceland, Bath County All had players that at the very least deserved HM. These boys were among the statistical leaders in the State at Large all season long and can’t even get an HM !! I wonder who these 16 media representatives that supposedly voted for these selections are ? Quality football is played in this end of the state...and it is time the boys that work so hard get rewarded. Media representatives from this area need to make our voices heard and stop the slighting of our players in this end of our state.....
These popularity contests never make everyone happy. There's a shortage of balanced and objective media in the state covering hs football.

There's probably another 25+ kids more than worthy of earning all state honors not mentioned. It is what it is. Hope the kids overlooked do great things at the next level.

Start a thread on that tracking their success in college! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi