Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018 AP All State Teams Announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FIRST TEAM OFFENSE
Quarterback – Garrett Dennis, Male

Running Back – Wandale Robinson, Western Hills

Running Back – Tre Bass, Franklin-Simpson

Wide Receiver – Milton Wright, Christian Academy of Louisville

Wide Receiver – Demontae Crumes, Butler

Wide Receiver – Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic

Offensive Lineman – Tanner Bowles, Glasgow

Offensive Lineman – Bryan Hudson, Scott County

Offensive Lineman – William Long, Hopkinsville

Offensive Lineman – Eli Cox, West Jessamine

Offensive Lineman – Jack Randolph, Franklin-Simpson

Kicker – Josh Giese, Scott County

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE
Defensive Lineman – Stephen Herron, Trinity

Defensive Lineman – J.J. Weaver, Moore

Defensive Lineman – Jacob Lacey, South Warren

Defensive Lineman – Ethan Wine, Corbin

Linebacker – Austin Gough, Owensboro

Linebacker – Jared Casey, Ballard

Linebacker – ShawnKel Knight-Goff, Doss

Defensive Back – Clayton Bush, South Warren

Defensive Back – Quintez Payton, Central

Defensive Back – Trel Riley, Caldwell County

Defensive Back – Chase Gooch, Franklin-Simpson

Punter – Chance Stayton, Somerset

A List of the 2nd team and honorable mentions are at the link below

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...25185.html
You want to know why this list is laughable. Not a single Boyle Co kid listed at all. Four were listed on the Courier Journal 1/2 team and one HM. But shutout here. 🙄

And there is one particular kid listed that him being on this list is preposterous.
I agree. Boyle should have 2 names on there in my opinion.
HighViz Wrote:I agree. Boyle should have 2 names on there in my opinion.

Boyle should have five listed on 1/2 team or HM. Period.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle should have five listed on 1/2 team or HM. Period.

:thatsfunn

Dang it FoSho. I had just taken a drink of water. Now I have to clean it up because I spit it everywhere when I read your post. Well that isn't completely true. Some of it came out my nose.

:igiveup:
Westside Wrote::thatsfunn

Dang it FoSho. I had just taken a drink of water. Now I have to clean it up because I spit it everywhere when I read your post. Well that isn't completely true. Some of it came out my nose.

:igiveup:

Don't really understand what was so funny? I'm serious and those that know football would understand this. Or based upon last season stats alone or compared to others that made the list.

Reese Smith (WR) - 20 TDs receiving and over 1,000 yards receiving should have been 1st team.

Wilson Kelly (DT) - controlled the LOS and made a ton of tackles this season. 2nd team at least.

Reed Lanter (QB) - 39 TDs, 3,000 yards passing. Honorable Mention at least.

Ezarious Roller (LB) - lead the team in tackling and was great this year. HM at least.

Landon Bartleson (CB) - was injured the end of the season but played really well at corner. HM at least.
FoSho Wrote:Don't really understand what was so funny? I'm serious and those that know football would understand this. Or based upon last season stats alone or compared to others that made the list.

Reese Smith (WR) - 20 TDs receiving and over 1,000 yards receiving should have been 1st team.

Wilson Kelly (DT) - controlled the LOS and made a ton of tackles this season. 2nd team at least.

Reed Lanter (QB) - 39 TDs, 3,000 yards passing. Honorable Mention at least.

Ezarious Roller (LB) - lead the team in tackling and was great this year. HM at least.

Landon Bartleson (CB) - was injured the end of the season but played really well at corner. HM at least.

I went back and looked at the AP All State Teams, and while obviously I'm not familiar with a WHOLE LOT of the players, you may be right. Boyle County may have been the best team in 3A last year, and you know the talent there much better than I do. One thing for sure, the fact that they didn't have anyone listed on any of the teams is certainly a travesty.
Westside Wrote:I went back and looked at the AP All State Teams, and while obviously I'm not familiar with a WHOLE LOT of the players, you may be right. Boyle County may have been the best team in 3A last year, and you know the talent there much better than I do. One thing for sure, the fact that they didn't have anyone listed on any of the teams is certainly a travesty.

No Danville kids either?!?! Cmon.

I'm wondering how this is even picked. I can't believe the oversight was deliberate. I know many of these kids on the list and to have many of them on the list over the Boyle kids I've listed is ridiculous.

It really shows how useless these "awards" are.
Boyle Co. needs to have a talk with he local paper. They need to have the sports guy fired for not voting. That is all it takes is for one not to vote.
I'll tell you something that's not laughable it's a travesty. There is a kid on the first team that is not even the best O-lineman on his TEAM. He got on cause his daddy created a pay-for website and bought an AP membership so he could do his own thing. I'm not knocking the kid or naming him but there are kids who actually earned that first team spot and are not on it (Mayfield fans, I'm talking about Barret Hendley). The AP has some nice players and didnt get it all wrong but when a media member can buy a vote to do this, that is just wrong!!!!
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I'll tell you something that's not laughable it's a travesty. There is a kid on the first team that is not even the best O-lineman on his TEAM. He got on cause his daddy created a pay-for website and bought an AP membership so he could do his own thing. I'm not knocking the kid or naming him but there are kids who actually earned that first team spot and are not on it (Mayfield fans, I'm talking about Barret Hendley). The AP has some nice players and didnt get it all wrong but when a media member can buy a vote to do this, that is just wrong!!!!

What he said. 😡
Knox Central has like 5 on the honorable mention, teams that beat them soundly and dominated the kids names on the list.... are not mentioned... how is this list decided. I am a Franklin County fan and feel like we had two worthy, and at least they should have been honorable mention.
I would have thought Smith, Lanter, Kelly, Hatter, and Bartelson would have been somewhere on there. There was kids on the list from 15 miles down the road who was on there and I hadn’t even heard of them and we played them, also same team had kids with multiple spots. I guess these come down to how good your being sold by the AP. I felt good about the 4 from our team that made the list, but don’t see how two of our linebackers didn’t make it. They was the heart and sole to our team and success on defense.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I would have thought Smith, Lanter, Kelly, Hatter, and Bartelson would have been somewhere on there. There was kids on the list from 15 miles down the road who was on there and I hadn’t even heard of them and we played them, also same team had kids with multiple spots. I guess these come down to how good your being sold by the AP. I felt good about the 4 from our team that made the list, but don’t see how two of our linebackers didn’t make it. They was the heart and sole to our team and success on defense.

On a side note, Chase Estep got absolutely hosed on the C-J Allstate team........should have at least been HM.
Grant Gibson LB from Corbin is one of the most underrated players in the state. Kid was a four year starter and the brains behind the defense. Made a whale of a play in the Boyle County game when he ran down a blocked field goal right before the half. Kid had plays like that all of his four years there.
FCSPY Wrote:Knox Central has like 5 on the honorable mention, teams that beat them soundly and dominated the kids names on the list.... are not mentioned... how is this list decided. I am a Franklin County fan and feel like we had two worthy, and at least they should have been honorable mention.

Times Tribune and Middlesboro Daily and not for sure if Pineville Sun and The Advocate votes but a possibility. 4 papers and someone talking to them will get it done.
From what I read only thirteen voters voted.
It's a crock. For the most part they put a lot of good kids on the team that deserved it but it is a joke for some of the deserving kids to get left off because of the actions of some adults that claim to be media.
Congrats to all the kids who made this list and read this site.
The Advocate hasn’t had votes for a couple of years is what I was told.
blackandgold4life Wrote:The Advocate hasn’t had votes for a couple of years is what I was told.

Titletown with no votes on all-state football players but a guy in W KY can get AP status and vote his own son in over dozens of more deserving kids from across the state.

Sounds reasonable. 🙄
After my son was completely left off of the Courier Journal team I should be happy that he made 2nd team on the AP team. Dont get me wrong, I'm grateful but going by that list I do think he should have been the 1st team center. Big #55 Ethan Wolford is my son so I'm probably bias but I do think he's one of the best centers in the state. Ask big Wilson Kelly, who should have been AP 1st team DT/DE from Boyle in my opinion. After our game with Boyle, Kelly messaged Ethan and said he was one of the best he'd ever went against. And IMO that's saying something. I think he's better than a couple that made the AP first team. So is John Young, the best O-Lineman in the state in this ol boys view! Young is definitely 1st Team! Another thing, to completely leave some of the kids from Boyle County off of this team is absolutely insane. In my opinion, they should have had 2 on first team and 2 on second team and a few more honorably mention. But that's just me.
#55PirateFan Wrote:After my son was completely left off of the Courier Journal team I should be happy that he made 2nd team on the AP team. Dont get me wrong, I'm grateful but going by that list I do think he should have been the 1st team center. Big #55 Ethan Wolford is my son so I'm probably bias but I do think he's one of the best centers in the state. Ask big Wilson Kelly, who should have been AP 1st team DT/DE from Boyle in my opinion. After our game with Boyle, Kelly messaged Ethan and said he was one of the best he'd ever went against. And IMO that's saying something. I think he's better than a couple that made the AP first team. So is John Young, the best O-Lineman in the state in this ol boys view! Young is definitely 1st Team! Another thing, to completely leave some of the kids from Boyle County off of this team is absolutely insane. In my opinion, they should have had 2 on first team and 2 on second team and a few more honorably mention. But that's just me.

Without question your son should have been on the list.
FoSho Wrote:Without question your son should have been on the list.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. He did make 2nd team. Dont get me wrong, we're grateful he made 2nd team but I just think he and John Young both were good enough to be on the first team. And it's just mind boggling that your son, Reece, and Bartleson wasn't somewhere on there. And one of the best D-Lineman in the state, Kelly, didnt even make HM. Puzzling!
No doubt your son should have made the 1st team. You should look closely at why he didn't. Closely, look at each person that made first team and ask some questions. It's disturbing.
Patrick Kelly of Greenup County lead Class 4A in receiving and was 6th in receiving YPG in the ENTIRE STATE REGARDLESS OF CLASS and he did not make the honorable mention list. Congrats on a great senior season Patrick you deserved it!! He will be a great player for someone at the next level.
Quite Laughable IMO,
Pikeville only had 2 Honorable Mentions?; 1 in Bull Hunter w/full ride to Marshall and the other a Mr.KY finialist Connor Roberts only garners a HM???? My great hope is that a true recruiter pays little attention to these.
So will this be the same people seating round 3 and 4 next year, AP?
Ghostofjoey Wrote:No doubt your son should have made the 1st team. You should look closely at why he didn't. Closely, look at each person that made first team and ask some questions. It's disturbing.

Thanks my friend, appreciate that. It is what it is brother. We'll go on and be happy with what he got.
Dane Jackson out of MadSouth would have a been a great choice too. He might be the best pound for pound o-lineman in KY.
Pages: 1 2