Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Jackson Out At Pikeville?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Want to compare Pikeville's last five years????
No.
Tomcat52 Wrote:He has applied for a job in Henderson county. Let's all hope he gets it. This is what he has told his former football players at a meeting this afternoon. He has not been secure since he arrived in Pikeville and under achieved both seasons. His reason for wanting the job in Henderson has to do with family ties (wife). I can't imagine Pikeville would want him to continue as coach even if the application falls through.

Word down here in WKY is that he is infact interested in the Hendo job.

Tomcat, your posts baffels me, why cant you imagine Pikeville not still wanting him to coach just over applying for a job that would be better for him. If he has family there then it is easy to understand why this would be a attractive job for him and on top of that the Hendo job would be a big step up from Pikeville. Hendo is the largest HS in WKY with a solid team and unbelievable potential just due the numbers alone. The former coach is a Duffy and if the name is familiar its because Duffer Duffy took over the Hendo job from his Father who led Danviille and Highlands to titles in the past and did so with his own style that consisted of only dressing a few players that really wanted it and running the others off. Not a real popular coach but the Duffy's have always won with their style. Pressure recently mounted and sr Duffy resigned as an assistant on his sons staff. They both have a reputation of being brutal on kids. Then this past summer a kid died and it was widely felt that the Duffy's pressure of pushing the kids to hard could have played a role though as of the moment the Duffy's have not been charged with any wrong doing but the event did lead to pressure to get rid of the Duffy's and they left. Prior to the Duffy's Hendo had great numbers and if there is a school outside of the big 3 with the potential to win a state title Hendo is it. The location might also a plus to him, the area is essentially across the river from Evansville
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Want to compare Pikeville's last five years????
You dont have to get personal now LOL!
Henderson has a lot more than 30 "football types" walking the halls. Duffy was simply too much of a Hard butt for most kids to want to put up with it.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:From what I have heard, there were some internal issues in '06 which led to the small numbers and the reason they are searching for a coach.

Here is some background on Henderson:
Season Record Result
2001 9-2 1st Round loss
2002 13-1 lost to MALE in semis
2003 10-3 lost to Warren Central in reg final
2004 11-2 lost to St X in semis
2005 9-2 lost to Christian Co in 1st round

2 regional championships...2 semi-finals in last five years in 4A.
Want to compare Pikeville's last five years????

The last 5 years dosent make them "prestegious"
If you want to compare the last 5 years alone, it would make them prestegous, but if you compare the over all history, which is actually what would make a team that, then Pikeville would be the clear cut winner in that argument
The last five years, Henderson has been to three semi-final games. Fox, you left off the 06 season where they were put out by Ryle. Pikeville has one regional championship and that was in 04 against Williamsburg.
Here is a recent article about the young man's unexpected death and how the school board has been dismissed from the lawsuit filed by the student's family.

http://www.whas11.com/sports/stories/052...53a97.html
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Panther#42 Wrote:The last 5 years dosent make them "prestegious"
If you want to compare the last 5 years alone, it would make them prestegous, but if you compare the over all history, which is actually what would make a team that, then Pikeville would be the clear cut winner in that argument
Sorry...I don't buy that.
Get over the championships that Pikeville won before most members of this site were born.
In the football world in Kentucky, the Pikeville name doesn't carry the same weight as it used to....that's part of the problem with the Pikeville players in recent years.
Neither Pikeville nor any team can rest on the laurels of those that came before them.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Sorry...I don't buy that.
Get over the championships that Pikeville won before most members of this site were born.
In the football world in Kentucky, the Pikeville name doesn't carry the same weight as it used to....that's part of the problem with the Pikeville players in recent years.
Neither Pikeville nor any team can rest on the laurels of those that came before them.

Very similar to our past Ashland teams. Ashland doesn't strike the fear into opponents that it used to. Times have changed for both programs, and as they continue to be good to great games on their level, they're not continual championship caliber.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Very similar to our past Ashland teams. Ashland doesn't strike the fear into opponents that it used to. Times have changed for both programs, and as they continue to be good to great games on their level, they're not continual championship caliber.
:thumpsup:
Agreed but Ashland has a little more history than most
Anybody heard any new news about what is going on with Jackson. I think that the interviews start maybe today or tomorrow. The AD is retiring, Jackson is interviewing for another job, and I heard that the principal John Stratton may be looking to the lexington area for a new principal job. I really hope that these searches don't get dragged out. It is getting ever closer to the start of the season and people are getting to the point where they want to know something for the long run. I think that Copley deserves to have the job more than anybody and is ready for this head coaching job. If he leaves it will be just as damaging as when they ran off John Chapman. Which was one of the stupidest things they have ever done.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Very similar to our past Ashland teams. Ashland doesn't strike the fear into opponents that it used to. Times have changed for both programs, and as they continue to be good to great games on their level, they're not continual championship caliber.

Is it that Pikeville and Ashland are not as good as they used to be , or is it that a lot of other teams are MUCH BETTER than they used to be?
bigpun Wrote:Anybody heard any new news about what is going on with Jackson. I think that the interviews start maybe today or tomorrow. The AD is retiring, Jackson is interviewing for another job, and I heard that the principal John Stratton may be looking to the lexington area for a new principal job. I really hope that these searches don't get dragged out. It is getting ever closer to the start of the season and people are getting to the point where they want to know something for the long run. I think that Copley deserves to have the job more than anybody and is ready for this head coaching job. If he leaves it will be just as damaging as when they ran off John Chapman. Which was one of the stupidest things they have ever done.
From what Ive always heard we have our recently departed AD to thank for the whole Chapman fiasco. From what I was told Keno didnt like Chapman cause he was Hillards pick to succeed him as HC. The great thing about this school is IF all this change does take place(The AD is the only definite at this point) then we have alot of good and qualified people to take theyre place.
I wish somebody had heard something about this topic. I am anxious to see what happens with this situation. I hope PIkeville plays their cards right on this one.
Just read on another message board that the title of this thread is INACCURATE -- Mike Jackson is NOT "out at Pikeville." Jay Cobb of Somerset will be the new coach at Henderson County which was where Jackson had his name in the hat.
Panther1 Wrote:Just read on another message board that the title of this thread is INACCURATE -- Mike Jackson is NOT "out at Pikeville." Jay Cobb of Somerset will be the new coach at Henderson County which was where Jackson had his name in the hat.

No one said that it was fact that he was out. If you read the title there is a question mark at the end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Its official Jay Cobb is new coach at Henderson Co. Hopefuly this puts all the talk to rest.
www.courierpress.com/news/gleaner
I figured that Cobb had it made at Somerset. He seemed extremely happy there. He also is leaving the best WR in the state.
bigpun Wrote:I figured that Cobb had it made at Somerset. He seemed extremely happy there. He also is leaving the best WR in the state.

The Cole kid?
bigpun Wrote:I think that Copley deserves to have the job more than anybody and is ready for this head coaching job. If he leaves it will be just as damaging as when they ran off John Chapman. Which was one of the stupidest things they have ever done.

Copley and Chapman in the same breath??? Can I get a BROTHERPLEASE???:lmao:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Is it that Pikeville and Ashland are not as good as they used to be , or is it that a lot of other teams are MUCH BETTER than they used to be?

No. Wink
jetpilot Wrote:Copley and Chapman in the same breath??? Can I get a BROTHERPLEASE???:lmao:
I will mention them in the same sentence all day long. I haver earned that right since I personally know both of them a lot better than you do. Trust me on that one. PM me if you have a rebuttel to this.
bigpun Wrote:I will mention them in the same sentence all day long. I haver earned that right since I personally know both of them a lot better than you do. Trust me on that one. PM me if you have a rebuttel to this.

LOLRolleyes
P-Villain! Wrote:The Cole kid?
Yes the Cole kid. John Cole.
BIGPUN,
can you put the rumors to rest???
Is Jackson going to be at Pikeville this season???
Is Jackson happy at Pikeville???
Yes he will be at Pikeville this season unless something out of his control happens. I don't think that will happen though.
Is he happy here? I believe he is. The whole application to Henderson was a promise to his wife from 13 years ago. His family comes first, as it should.
So he is planning on being at Pikeville this year.
I know this is the wrong thread but what do you know about the AD search other than who the four candidates are?
bigpun Wrote:Yes he will be at Pikeville this season unless something out of his control happens. I don't think that will happen though.
Is he happy here? I believe he is. The whole application to Henderson was a promise to his wife from 13 years ago. His family comes first, as it should.
So he is planning on being at Pikeville this year.
I know this is the wrong thread but what do you know about the AD search other than who the four candidates are?
yeah, a little off topic...my fault.
we'll get back on topic in a minute....

the AD job??? IMO, it is a cluster...
why after posting, receiving applicants, interviewing those applicants and a recommendation being made has a hire not been made befuddles me...it truly is starting to seem like something that stinks is going on....I'd better leave it at that.
I am starting to get that same feeling Fox.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:yeah, a little off topic...my fault.
we'll get back on topic in a minute....

the AD job??? IMO, it is a cluster...
why after posting, receiving applicants, interviewing those applicants and a recommendation being made has a hire not been made befuddles me...it truly is starting to seem like something that stinks is going on....I'd better leave it at that.
If you look back at the past few "big" hires at PHS, they have all turned into a circus!! Someone please make a decision down there for crying out loud!!!!!
Jackson will be back at Pikeville...the rumor has been put to rest.
Therefore, this thread is dead and closed.