Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Jackson Out At Pikeville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very reliable source tells me Jackson has applied for another coaching job, and has told members of the Pikeville Independent BOE School Board about it.
This is the first I've heard about it; wouldn't surprise me though.
Hope this isnt true. But if it is I hope Copley stays.
WOW..Talk about a coach coming into a dynasty if this is true! A team who won what, 10-12 games last year and who is returning 18 starters. Bart Williams could turnover and win the state with this team, lol.
For some reason I don't believe this were did you all get your information.
Rolleyes
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WOW..Talk about a coach coming into a dynasty if this is true! A team who won what, 10-12 games last year and who is returning 18 starters. Bart Williams could turnover and win the state with this team, lol.
They actually only won 8 games last year. Williams is a huge football fan but I don't think he could coach it...lol. Jackson is from the Louisville area and I didn't think he would stay in the mountains very long, there is just a totally different breed of kids here than what he had down state when it comes to football talent. His offensive system is hard to run with the type of athletes that we have here in east KY. I am sure he would like to get back to the horses that play football closer to the bigger cities!!
bball fan Wrote:They actually only won 8 games last year. Williams is a huge football fan but I don't think he could coach it...lol. Jackson is from the Louisville area and I didn't think he would stay in the mountains very long, there is just a totally different breed of kids here than what he had down state when it comes to football talent. His offensive system is hard to run with the type of athletes that we have here in east KY. I am sure he would like to get back to the horses that play football closer to the bigger cities!!
Hes not from Louisville. Hes from Corbin originally. And from talks I myself have had with the man. He wanted to get away from the "Big City". Ill believe this one when I see it to be honest with you.
Guys, he was never in a "Big city" before. Coach Jackson coached for Oldham County which is located between Buckner and LaGrange, KY. Neither of those places are very big at all. In fact Pikeville is a bigger city than Buckner or LaGrange. So I seriously doubt that it's because he wants to go back to a big city.

Someone really needs to show something to back this up or this thread is going to be closed. Rumors like this only cause unnecessary chaos.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Guys, he was never in a "Big city" before. Coach Jackson coached for Oldham County which is located between Buckner and LaGrange, KY. Neither of those places are very big at all. In fact Pikeville is a bigger city than Buckner or LaGrange. So I seriously doubt that it's because he wants to go back to a big city.

Someone really needs to show something to back this up or this thread is going to be closed. Rumors like this only cause unnecessary chaos.

I think these types of threads are great, because the Pikeville people who think that their precious football team can't get beat and are the best ever suddenly realize "Oh crap, we might be in trouble".
Heard he applied for the Newport job......
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hes not from Louisville. Hes from Corbin originally. And from talks I myself have had with the man. He wanted to get away from the "Big City". Ill believe this one when I see it to be honest with you.
He might not want to return to the big city....just back to where they have big city players!!!! At Oldham he fed off of Louisville....just like Northern KY schools feed off of Cincinnati. He proved he was a great coach at Oldham and I just don't think Pikeville has lived up to his expectations. They just don't have the athletes that they had in their glory days. If you take away the Honakers and Harmon, this team is right down there with the rest of the teams in this weak district!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I think these types of threads are great, because the Pikeville people who think that their precious football team can't get beat and are the best ever suddenly realize "Oh crap, we might be in trouble".

I went to Pikeville and I don't think we've been good for a few years now.

And they obviously can get beat....

I believe who you are referring to are the little 8th graders that get on here during school and spout off.
bball fan Wrote:He might not want to return to the big city....just back to where they have big city players!!!! At Oldham he fed off of Louisville....just like Northern KY schools feed off of Cincinnati. He proved he was a great coach at Oldham and I just don't think Pikeville has lived up to his expectations. They just don't have the athletes that they had in their glory days. If you take away the Honakers and Harmon, this team is right down there with the rest of the teams in this weak district!

Oldham County wasn't that good.

Not what I would call "big city talent."
Very True and absolutely happy about it. Not all his choice
He has applied for a job in Henderson county. Let's all hope he gets it. This is what he has told his former football players at a meeting this afternoon. He has not been secure since he arrived in Pikeville and under achieved both seasons. His reason for wanting the job in Henderson has to do with family ties (wife). I can't imagine Pikeville would want him to continue as coach even if the application falls through.
Who would Pikeville get to replace Jackson?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Who would Pikeville get to replace Jackson?

IMO Copely would be the obvious choice. The kids know him and will play for him. Hes produced one of the best defenses in the state the past 2 years and hes young and cocky enough to not let the pressure of this job get to him.
Not to suprised about this.... Copley would be a good choice IMO, any word on canidates that would be selected if Jackson does step down?
Panther#42 Wrote:Not to suprised about this.... Copley would be a good choice IMO, any word on canidates that would be selected if Jackson does step down?
My guess is that Copley and Chad Salyers are the 2 front runners.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO Copely would be the obvious choice. The kids know him and will play for him. Hes produced one of the best defenses in the state the past 2 years and hes young and cocky enough to not let the pressure of this job get to him.

I think he is more confident than cocky about his football knowledge. He would be a great fit IF Jackson leaves, but he has not even applied for the job yet.
Where did the pressure come from? The fans never seemed to accept that wacky offense.
Let's keep in mind that there is still no solid evidence that ANY of this is true.
CE, settle down. lol
It's ok, while I have not actually seen the application, I have very good info that Jackson is going to or has applied for the Henderson Co job.

BTW...there is no pressure for Jackson to leave...If he even does.
If he were to leave Pikeville, It would be at his own choosing...he is not being pushed out.

Jackson is a coach with ambition...Henderson Co is a much more prestigious job than Pikeville, sorry Pikeville fans but it's true.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Let's keep in mind that there is still no solid evidence that ANY of this is true.
If he met with his players then that should qualify as solid evidence!
All I'm saying is that there is nothing in print. No news sources have reported it.

Hearsay isn't always a credible source.
ComfortEagle Wrote:All I'm saying is that there is nothing in print. No news sources have reported it.

Hearsay isn't always a credible source.
Is if heard from the right place...Everything can't necesarily be reported immediately.
bigpun Wrote:I think he is more confident than cocky about his football knowledge. He would be a great fit IF Jackson leaves, but he has not even applied for the job yet.
Trust me, I meant that in a good way.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Jackson is a coach with ambition...Henderson Co is a much more prestigious job than Pikeville, sorry Pikeville fans but it's true.
What? From what Ive been told HC only had something like 30 kids dress last year and theyre a 4a school! This doesnt sound more "prestigous" to me.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What? From what Ive been told HC only had something like 30 kids dress last year and theyre a 4a school! This doesnt sound more "prestigous" to me.

It is if those 30 were superstars, lol.

(*Note: sarcasm)
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What? From what Ive been told HC only had something like 30 kids dress last year and theyre a 4a school! This doesnt sound more "prestigous" to me.
From what I have heard, there were some internal issues in '06 which led to the small numbers and the reason they are searching for a coach.

Here is some background on Henderson:
Season Record Result
2001 9-2 1st Round loss
2002 13-1 lost to MALE in semis
2003 10-3 lost to Warren Central in reg final
2004 11-2 lost to St X in semis
2005 9-2 lost to Christian Co in 1st round

2 regional championships...2 semi-finals in last five years in 4A.
Want to compare Pikeville's last five years????
Pages: 1 2