Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA AT Pike Central
Guys,
this isn't just happening at one school. Does it make it right for one school/team to do these things because another school is doing it? No. But, this is their method of justification. Considering the average tenure of a Pike Central HC over the past ten years, I'd say the current coach would most likely have the WIN NOW mentality and if he does, he has to do these type of things because the other top tier programs are doing it. Don't believe me? Here are your examples.

57th
Johnson Central- Do they really need to? No they're the largest school in the 15th. However, the 7'0'' exchange student came in and played a full season last year.

58th
Most of the players being recruited to the 59th teams are leaving the 58th. This is, in my opinion why the 58th district has been so bad over the past four-five years.

59th
Pikeville, East Ridge, Shelby Valley- All three of these teams have at some point in the last ten years recruited their ways to the top of the regional totem-pole. SV had numerous transfers on the state championship team and also attempted to bring a player in from Mississippi a few years ago that was ruled too old by the KHSAA to participate in high school sports. East Ridge was the debut school for Kasongo and company. Pikeville also had an experiement with Kasongo and presently they have a number of transfers from all around the region.

60th
Pike Central has joined the party recently with the international players. Before the current coach, the former coach was essentially ran out of town for openly going after players from other schools in the district.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^^
Confusednicker:

Been that way for a long time!

I played in the early 90's and it was then..I wont comment on the Pikeville issue because I know nothing but boy it was pretty common place back in the day.. .
KingGotNext Wrote:SV had numerous transfers on the state championship team.

You might want to research the meaning of the word "numerous". Shelby Valley's starting five on the 2010 championship team ALL went to SV feeder schools Virgie and Dorton. (Justice and Varney - Dorton, Hatfield and both Newsomes - Virgie)

They did have one kid come in before that year (Zach Ramey) who played decent minutes off the bench, and who had been home schooled the year before. That's it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:You might want to research the meaning of the word "numerous". Shelby Valley's starting five on the 2010 championship team ALL went to SV feeder schools Virgie and Dorton. (Justice and Varney - Dorton, Hatfield and both Newsomes - Virgie)

They did have one kid come in before that year (Zach Ramey) who played decent minutes off the bench, and who had been home schooled the year before. That's it.

Ashley Hatfield actually transferred from Phelps.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think each team should protest and not play them have signs made walk around the entrance of the school (on the road not on school property) raise a Little hell they will pay attention the KHSAA will come check it out Pike Central has always thought they are adove the law if we let them by with this it will never stop

Haha pikeville recruits too, just from within the region lmao