Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet 16 Draw 15th vs. 16th
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good draw, but geez, what's the odds that the 15th and 16th draw each other in the All A and the Sweet Sixteen??

Plus you hate to see the 14th, 15th or 16th draw each other because it forces the Eastern Kentucky teams to beat themselves out.

Exactly right! I thought the odds were weird too about them drawin each other in the All A and Sweet 16. But don't the girl's 15th and 16th winners play in the first round too?
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good draw, but geez, what's the odds that the 15th and 16th draw each other in the All A and the Sweet Sixteen??

Plus you hate to see the 14th, 15th or 16th draw each other because it forces the Eastern Kentucky teams to beat themselves out.

Thats very true. You always want to see the Mountain teams do good down state.
alfus21 Wrote:Russell(most likely) or Elliot County VS. Paintsville or Shelby Valley

Either way it's the best draw the 15th has gotten in a while.

Its also the best draw the 16th has gotten in a while.
the_truth Wrote:from the looks of things, the 14th, 15th, and 16th region is all doomed in the tournament because they are all in with Warren Central. If Warren Central loses then a mountain team might make the semifinals but, the 14th is slaughtered if they play them (Warren Central) and the winner of the 15th and the 16th just gets to have the bragging rights of saying they won a game because that will be the last one they will win. Warren Central has been a dominant team over the last couple years, since the year they beat Mason County for the state championship when Mason County had Chris Lofton. The only hope for a mountian team to reach the semis is an upset in the 4th region.
Actually Russell has beaten Warren Centrall in the last couple of years. It was either last year or the year before. Many of the starters on this years Russell team were on the one that beat WC. If they make it that far I don't believe the kids from Russell are going to be intimidated. Like I said, they have already beaten that "dominant team" once in the last couple of years.