Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sweet 16 Draw 15th vs. 16th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sweet 16 Draw today

15th vs. 16th Thurs 3/22 6:30

Could it be Paintsville & Elliott rematch?
No..It will be Shelby Valley.
The TIGERS!!! They are rockin and rollin!!!!!
Russell(most likely) or Elliot County VS. Paintsville or Shelby Valley

Either way it's the best draw the 15th has gotten in a while.
http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/boys/swe...et2007.pdf

Here's the rest of the pairings. 14th drew the 4th.
Shelby Valley will represent the 15th this year at RUPP.
kysportsguru Wrote:Shelby Valley will represent the 15th this year at RUPP.

Sorry but Shelby Valley won't be playing at Rupp this year. It's Paintsville's year. Maybe next year.

Paintsville-Elliott County Round 2
Hey guys...Lets let these 2 teams play the tournament first
[QUOTE=Mr. Sports]Hey guys...Lets let these 2 teams play the tournament first[/QUOTE

Everyone has their opinion so we're just having a little fun.
kysportsguru Wrote:Shelby Valley will represent the 15th this year at RUPP.

I sure hope your right but paintsville is and will be a hard team to beat but it can be done...and there are other teams in the region thats starting to pick it up so who knows could be so big upsets...this is why the games are played on the floor and not on paper.
Baller3 Wrote:Sorry but Shelby Valley won't be playing at Rupp this year. It's Paintsville's year. Maybe next year.

Russell is the favorite in the 16th.
Region 1.?
Region 2.?
Region 3.?
Region 4. Warren Central
Region 5. Central Hardin
Region 6. Doss
Region 7. Ballard
Region 8. Simon Kenton
Region 9. Covington Catholic
Region 10. Mason Co.
Region 11. Scott Co.
Region 12.?
Region 13. Bell Co.
Region 14. JBS or Hazard
Region 15. Shelby Valley
Region 16. Elliot Co.

I put the question marks because i forget who's in that region
NYY10 Wrote:Region 1.?
Region 2.?
Region 3.?
Region 4. Warren Central
Region 5. Central Hardin
Region 6. Doss
Region 7. Ballard
Region 8. Simon Kenton
Region 9. Covington Catholic
Region 10. Mason Co.
Region 11. Scott Co.
Region 12.?
Region 13. Bell Co.
Region 14. JBS or Hazard
Region 15. Shelby Valley
Region 16. Elliot Co.

I put the question marks because i forget who's in that region

SmileSmile:thatsfunn
Drago Wrote:SmileSmile:thatsfunn

whats so funny, I dont see you posting anything!!
YES! Good draw for the 15th. Best since Pikeville&Boyd a few yrs back.
I can't wait for this Pikeville vs. Ashland game!!!
Nice draw for the mountain teams. We could see either the 14,15 or the 16th winner in the final four if we can knock off the 4th region. I think it's awesome for the mountains!!
Good draw, but geez, what's the odds that the 15th and 16th draw each other in the All A and the Sweet Sixteen??

Plus you hate to see the 14th, 15th or 16th draw each other because it forces the Eastern Kentucky teams to beat themselves out.
Should be: Paintsville or Shelby Valley vs. Russell or Elliott Co. But there are several other teams in both Regions that could have a say on a given night. We'll only know for sure in March!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good draw, but geez, what's the odds that the 15th and 16th draw each other in the All A and the Sweet Sixteen??

Plus you hate to see the 14th, 15th or 16th draw each other because it forces the Eastern Kentucky teams to beat themselves out.
Understood, but with three out of four in the bottom bracket it also increase our odds of getting a team to the final four!! I like the draw!!
I agree!
You never know, it could be anyone other that Paintsville and Valley, but the way things are looking it will be one of those two.
Baller3 Wrote:Sorry but Shelby Valley won't be playing at Rupp this year. It's Paintsville's year. Maybe next year.

Paintsvilles chances of going to the sweet 16 are not as good as them winning the All A. After all, the regional tourney is being held at the Expo Center, not Paintsvilles gym.
from the looks of things, the 14th, 15th, and 16th region is all doomed in the tournament because they are all in with Warren Central. If Warren Central loses then a mountain team might make the semifinals but, the 14th is slaughtered if they play them (Warren Central) and the winner of the 15th and the 16th just gets to have the bragging rights of saying they won a game because that will be the last one they will win. Warren Central has been a dominant team over the last couple years, since the year they beat Mason County for the state championship when Mason County had Chris Lofton. The only hope for a mountian team to reach the semis is an upset in the 4th region.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Plus you hate to see the 14th, 15th or 16th draw each other because it forces the Eastern Kentucky teams to beat themselves out.

Actually, it just guarantees that a mountain team will get a win... Otherwise all mountains would probably be one and out...
The King Wrote:Actually, it just guarantees that a mountain team will get a win... Otherwise all mountains would probably be one and out...

I agree
rainout Wrote:YES! Good draw for the 15th. Best since Pikeville&Boyd a few yrs back.

LOL... Good Draw for the 15th? lol I'm going to have to goto good draw for the 16th. Maybe the best draw since 2004, when the 16th Region drew the 14th Region. The 15th Region is among the weakest in the State.
the 15th could really suprise people this year..... they kinda drop off after 4th or 5th , but those top 3 or 4 teams are legit
TheChosen1 Wrote:the 15th could really suprise people this year..... they kinda drop off after 4th or 5th , but those top 3 or 4 teams are legit

I agree
airball3 Wrote:LOL... Good Draw for the 15th? lol I'm going to have to goto good draw for the 16th. Maybe the best draw since 2004, when the 16th Region drew the 14th Region. The 15th Region is among the weakest in the State.
No one said it wasn't a good draw for the 16th also. We are just saying it is a good draw for the 15th. Good draw for both considering the other options!!
Pages: 1 2