Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 79 Magoffin County 75 ( OT)
See you missed every thing i said. I said I have seen pup call a time out when his team was on a run thats all I was saying. Matter of fact seen it last week against Paintsville. Their coaching styles are similar thats all I'm saying.The Lady Hornet ball players have their faults. I've heard talk of discipline problems from that team. You say West is a bad coach cause he calls timeouts while is team is on the run, watch Pup and he will do the same thing. All I'm saying is do your homework before you get on here a judge a coach.
Well I havent seen Pup do it myself, I know he didnt do it in any of the games i saw last year. Hopefully he isnt takin on any of West's bad decisions. I dont know how u think they have similar styles. West coaches a slow tempo game, while Pup goes with the faster style of play. But he also has the players to get it done. Im not judgin any coach at all, im just callin it like i see it.
Maybe the only reason coach west calls a timeout on run, he might see something thier doing wrong and needs to fix it before the other team takes advantage of it, i have also seen pup call a timeout when the lady hornets went on a run.
Mr. Sports Wrote:You really have no ideal what your talkin about. Coach West has turned this team from a automatic win on a teams schedule to a team that you haft to play your ass off to beat. You think Pups a bad coach? nHis ass does the same thing. Why don't you call him out? Better yet, write a letter to West and put your name on it and tell him what you would do. But until you coach high school basketball, let the coach , coach.

I totally agree. The boys basketball program has made major improvments since Mr. West took over.
Nehi practices with these boys daily and knows what thier capable of. He knows how they work together as a team, and what needs to be done to keep his team going. So, when he calls a time out there is a reason behind it. Everyone may not agree with his motives or style of coaching BUT, untill you coach this team and attend practices you don't know. Every fan thinks they know whats best, but there is a big differnce between sitting on the bleachers or standing in front of the bench.
Congrats Belfry.
57thScarlett Wrote:Every fan thinks they know whats best, but there is a big differnce between sitting on the bleachers or standing in front of the bench.
I have said that before because when I sit in the crowds all I hear is what the team should be doing. If they want u to coach then the school board would pay ya. Coaching is a hard job and espically at a school where the success of the girls program is what the boys program is evaulated by.
What does any of this have to do with the game, someone please close this thread.
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:First of all, I never said Pup was a bad coach. In fact, I think he could have done a better job coachin the boys team than Nehi has or ever will. As far as u sayin I dont know what im talkin about, well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, same as anyone else. I have watched enough and played enough basketball to know what I am talkin about. No coach calls a timeout when their team is makin a run at a comeback, if they do, they are stupid. That takes away the momentum the team is gainin. Any coach that has ever coached boys sports at Magoffin besides Danny Adams has been a joke. Nehi should have stuck with the girls, they could have done the same thing with him as they have with Pup. The girls team has more talent than the boys. Eric, Devin, and Clay are the best players on the team, everybody else is mediocre at best. But even those players have their faults, like controllin their emotions.
who do you think built the girls program at Magoffin and are you old enough to have seen anybody but Danny Adams coach and are you brave enough to say that to Coach McCoy like i said before shut up you are embarassing yourself
Well maybe he should have stayed with the girls, because he sure doesnt know what he is doin with the boys. And if Pup is callin timeouts like that with the girls, then neither one of them are worthy of coachin. Danny Adams was the best coach magoffin had, and he retired too soon. But then again, maybe he did the right thing. Seein how the players now are all jokes. There will never be another team like the 2000-2001 team. Now they played as a team and with more heart than any of these players now. This post will probably get deleted, but i dont care, it just shows how small minded some people can be. Alot of people cant handle the truth, and alot of them are on this site.
Oh and about coach mccoy, i was at a couple games this past season. He seems to be a pretty good coach, but I have to question anyone that calls a running play on 3rd and about 15. But the football team has always been one to run the ball on every damn series of downs, and thats because they have never had a QB that was good enough to throw the ball, or any receivers that could catch it. Coach McCoy is going to have some tough times ahead of him with this lousy group of players, the football team has always been a joke, besides the year or two the Caba family was here.
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:Oh and about coach mccoy, i was at a couple games this past season. He seems to be a pretty good coach, but I have to question anyone that calls a running play on 3rd and about 15. But the football team has always been one to run the ball on every damn series of downs, and thats because they have never had a QB that was good enough to throw the ball, or any receivers that could catch it. Coach McCoy is going to have some tough times ahead of him with this lousy group of players, the football team has always been a joke, besides the year or two the Caba family was here.

From the way you are talking; I'm guessing you have never coached a day in your life! Not even PEE WEE!

Maybe you should apply to the School Board and submit your qualifications and see if they will hire you to replace these inadequate coaches that we have.

Also I am guessing that you probably never competed in Varsity Level Competition. Such as Basketball or Football and that you are one of these peope who will bad mouth the Football Team; but you never had the Guts to put on a set of pads and play.

Coach West and Miller have their District Titles and their Regional Title; they do not have to justify their actions to someone like you.
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:Oh and about coach mccoy, i was at a couple games this past season. He seems to be a pretty good coach, but I have to question anyone that calls a running play on 3rd and about 15. But the football team has always been one to run the ball on every damn series of downs, and thats because they have never had a QB that was good enough to throw the ball, or any receivers that could catch it. Coach McCoy is going to have some tough times ahead of him with this lousy group of players, the football team has always been a joke, besides the year or two the Caba family was here.

Also another note; why don't you call out some of these lousy Football players and tell them how bad they are!

You'll probably get your mouth busted!
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:Well maybe he should have stayed with the girls, because he sure doesnt know what he is doin with the boys. And if Pup is callin timeouts like that with the girls, then neither one of them are worthy of coachin. Danny Adams was the best coach magoffin had, and he retired too soon. But then again, maybe he did the right thing. Seein how the players now are all jokes. There will never be another team like the 2000-2001 team. Now they played as a team and with more heart than any of these players now. This post will probably get deleted, but i dont care, it just shows how small minded some people can be. Alot of people cant handle the truth, and alot of them are on this site.

First off if the basketball politics piss you highness of that bad why don't you quit watching them. Pup Miller was Nehi's assi. Coach for several year they built the girls program together, when nehi left pup took over. As for nehi calling a time out while the team has been makeing a run i've been a every game so far and i wouldn't have questioned one time out and i've played basketball all my life. So that just leaves me to say, Why don't you quit bitching about Magoffin sports and makeing the players that get on this site feel bad, if you don't like the way the show is run over here move to Johnson county! I'm sure their programs are run to your desire!!!!!! :dontthink :devilflam
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:Well maybe he should have stayed with the girls, because he sure doesnt know what he is doin with the boys. And if Pup is callin timeouts like that with the girls, then neither one of them are worthy of coachin. Danny Adams was the best coach magoffin had, and he retired too soon. But then again, maybe he did the right thing. Seein how the players now are all jokes. There will never be another team like the 2000-2001 team. Now they played as a team and with more heart than any of these players now. This post will probably get deleted, but i dont care, it just shows how small minded some people can be. Alot of people cant handle the truth, and alot of them are on this site.

I can rember your 2000-2001 team, you'r talking about the team that couldn't finsih a game because of the jealsoy of not getting all their points the only team from magoffin to have the talent in the past 20 yeasr to go to state and didn't because of bad decesions and to much me basketball. is that the team? im sorry to tell u but the past three years coach west has been the head of boy's basketball i thought the teams have played alot better team ball and with alot more heart. Obviously your standing from the outside looking in bitching about something that you don't even know what you'r talking about. I don't know who you are but bravo, you've suceeded in makeing yourself look like an ass!
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:Eric, Devin, and Clay are the best players on the team, everybody else is mediocre at best. But even those players have their faults, like controllin their emotions.

This is to fun... This last sentance made me think of something, While sittin behind the bench at a boys ball game, i heard Devin rice make the remark"we'll let me hit you in the mouth and see what you do..." What would you do sports fan? I'd say being the professional that you are you can answer that for me.
you say you question why he run on 3rd and 15 and then you say they havent had a qb that could throw the ball you answered your own question you have no idea what your saying about anything the football or basketball programs for the lack of a better word your an idiot
WOW!!! I thought this was a thread about the Belfry-magoffin co. game, an here you all are on here talkin about magoffin co. football??? Find somewhere else to talk about magoffin football...
I could respond to the things u people have been sayin but im not goin to. Ill just say that the posts i have read just go to show how small minded u people are. You have your opinions and i have mine and last time i checked, we all have a right to say what we want.
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:I could respond to the things u people have been sayin but im not goin to. Ill just say that the posts i have read just go to show how small minded u people are. You have your opinions and i have mine and last time i checked, we all have a right to say what we want.

Yea, thats true but bless your heart we're just trying to get you to stop imbarrassing yourself...
Sports_Fan26 Wrote:I could respond to the things u people have been sayin but im not goin to. Ill just say that the posts i have read just go to show how small minded u people are. You have your opinions and i have mine and last time i checked, we all have a right to say what we want.

Yes, you could respond. But I don't think any of us are as small minded as you.
Increase your knowledge and think before you talk. This way you won't embarrass yourself so much.
I would agree that Danny Adams was a top notch coach. He coached both Neil West and Pup Miller. Danny had many critics as well as fans. He listened to neither. I would advise the young coaches of Magoffin to do the same! As a fan I may disagree with the coaches decision, but a true fan will still suport the decisions.