Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland needs a game for Sept 25 now.
Is the west game off for sure ? And If so does anybody know y
I didnt get a chance to speak with Mike yesterday evening at our boy's tball game, but my cousin will be a junior OL/DL next year and from talking to him and some of the other kids, I dont think it will happen, seeing as they know nothing-very little about it. Info spreads like wildfire in Raceland. Some of the parents close to the program and work in the TD Club, said it is due to issues with the Sheldon Clark contract, they told me that SC wants out of this year, but not next year's game. Which imo, is crap.
Either play us or dont. I understand wanting a chance to rebuild a bit, but u Shouldnt be able to pick and choose what season you want good competition between one year and the next. Take the game as a learning experience and see what u need to grow on. Raceland plays Ashland every year, the last several things have gone down to the wire, or been competitive for a half. We dont choose not to play them because we are young or inexperienced, the. Schedule them the followig year because the pastures in our camp are suddenly greener.
Per other site, the Portsmouth West game is still a verbal agreement and will be worked out after the SC mess is cleaned up. From what i read there, SC is trying to get out of both the game and the buy out and its all had to go before the KHSAA. As of now, the game with. Portsmouth West is a verbal agreement and looks to be ago
We shall see��
Which i dont see how on god's green earth that they could do that. But the KHSAA has done crazier things. It does seem to be that the ball is in our favor and Port West needs and wants the game. So i guess it just boils down to all this bs with SC getting cleared.
From what I can gather, things are getting close to being finalized with both SC and Portsmouth West. Whether or not the contract will be 1 year or 2 with Portsmouth West, is tbd, because the last I spoke to the staff, SC was for a lack of better terms, trying to "renegotiate" the contract and still play Raceland next year. So who knows, I just hope we have a game for the 25th. We already have an open week, no need for 2.
It's on the official schedule I received today.
Great, the players deserve a 10 game schedule, especially the seniors. Ready for the coin toss and kickoff now.
Glad its all over and done with!! Bring on Friday Night Lights!
I like or schedule at this point. Id like to see us be able to replace East Carter and West Carter, but logistically, I get those games. I would just like to see us pick up a NKY/CKY team or a team from the mountains. But as it is right now, our schedule provides us with good competition at different points in the season.
SC dropped Raceland due to SC having a down year. The Contract was bought out by SC and we have replace that game with Portsmouth West.
Does neone know if its a 2 year contract? Really like the pick up. Its hard to say how tough a game it could be because it seems like Port East and Port West have alot of back and fourth in regaurds to atheletes and size every 2 or 3 years. Either way its a much better game than SC. I go by the school every day to pick up my son and every afternoon I see atleast 30-40 guys out there working on strength and conditioning. We should be faster snd muc stronger this season. Still havent heard anything about the QB situation, but with the defense we SHOULD have and what we return in the backfield, as long as we have a sure handed QB to C exchange and someone with good footwork, we will be fine. I kind of expect to see Carson Christian back there at this point. And Damon Black being at no 2 on the dpth chart and tsking over in 2016.
Ram1998 Wrote:SC dropped Raceland due to SC having a down year. The Contract was bought out by SC and we have replace that game with Portsmouth West.

Well all knew that , just didn't know if it was settled , SC was trying to not play or pay then Maybe cancel this year and play next
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I like or schedule at this point. Id like to see us be able to replace East Carter and West Carter, but logistically, I get those games. I would just like to see us pick up a NKY/CKY team or a team from the mountains. But as it is right now, our schedule provides us with good competition at different points in the season.

Why hav a tough game every week. This usually leads to injuries which im sure raceland cant afford. Even the Alabamas of the world have a few cupcakes
mightydog Wrote:Why hav a tough game every week. This usually leads to injuries which im sure raceland cant afford. Even the Alabamas of the world have a few cupcakes

I get that and like I have said before, I know that numbers have alot to do with the teams you schedule. But, I do believe we could be better served by playing a Bellevue, Holy Cross, Lexington Christian, or someone along those lines. Teams that arent really going to dominate us number wise, provide an ability to play good football for 2-4 quarters, and allow us to gain experience playing further than 30 mins away from home. I just hate seeing games be a wash out by the end of the 1st or midway through the 2nd quarter. Its a double edged swored and there is really no pleasing me lol
I know Raceland has had a pretty good run the last 4-5 years. Does everyone think they will be able to sustain play at that level to have blowouts by halftime against East and West. I don't think they will. look at all the area teams, all have had their runs of really good seasons, then a time of mediocrity for whatever reason. Its hard to sustain dominate play at a smaller school,its just a numbers thing,
mightydog Wrote:I know Raceland has had a pretty good run the last 4-5 years. Does everyone think they will be able to sustain play at that level to have blowouts by halftime against East and West. I don't think they will. look at all the area teams, all have had their runs of really good seasons, then a time of mediocrity for whatever reason. Its hard to sustain dominate play at a smaller school,its just a numbers thing,

I think they will, now I am a bit partial, but at the same time I am realistic and have often caught alot of crap for many of the things I have stated in regaurds to the play calling and other choices that the staff has made in the past. For whatever reason, since around 2005, East and West Carter have both been loaded up with very tallented Freshman and Soph classes, that have alot of potential, then youth and inexperience cause them to come up short. But by the time they are juniors and seniors, it hasnt translated into much changing any outcomes. West has some really nice atheletes and the Brown kid is freakin fast. But, I just think the same thing will continue to happen. Raceland should be set up to continue their success and be even more successful over the next 3-5 years. The numbers are consistantly in the 10-20 kid range from class to class. IF, all the kids that have played Jr High ball continue to stay in the program, its not too far fetched to expect 60-70 kids on Raceland's roster in the next few years. Both the 7th and 8th grade teams have put high teens to 20s in terms of numbers over the last several years. I may be dead wrong, but with this alignment and the way the districts are set up, Raceland should have its best years ahead of itself. We will be able to do it for the next decade? Doubtful. We arent a Beechwood, NCC,
I do think that if the numbers stay the way they are, we will be in the thick of it all and win multiple district/regional titles and make state finals apperances and possible bring a title back. I feel exactly the same about Russell. Nothing could be sweeter than to see Raceland, Russell, Johnson Central/Ashland bring home titles in the same year! I have huge respect for all of them.
mightydog Wrote:I know Raceland has had a pretty good run the last 4-5 years. Does everyone think they will be able to sustain play at that level to have blowouts by halftime against East and West. I don't think they will. look at all the area teams, all have had their runs of really good seasons, then a time of mediocrity for whatever reason. Its hard to sustain dominate play at a smaller school,its just a numbers thing,

These next two years could be the best teams Raceland has had , that's saying a lot but the talent is there, games are won in the Trentches and their line is and will be very very good
Can we crash and burn this thread since its a done deal now? Move everything back to the Raceland 2015 thread?