Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland needs a game for Sept 25 now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sheldon Clark has bought out of their 2 year contract. So Raceland needs to fill the game. No clue as to why, but this comes from a credible source per the other site.
September 25th must be desperation day. Yall should get a good opponent to travel and play yall at Lyndsey Wilson for a double header. Mayfield is playing Corbin at Lyndsey Wilson that day.
Did yall just assume they would play yall cause you normally do or something, or did they actually agree to that date this next year, and then back out.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Did yall just assume they would play yall cause you normally do or something, or did they actually agree to that date this next year, and then back out.
I think he explained that in the first sentence.
I only asked cause taems are just now finalizing schedules and wouldn't think someone would back out that quick. I guess since it says bought out the contract you would have to believe they already had agreed. I do not have any use for someone that backs out after agreeing. Raceland will have a hard time finding someone now that a lot of teams have aleady made there 2 year agrreements. That is why I think Mayfield got corbin really couldn't find any descent local options once union city TN fell through.
Only having 4 home games this year and SC being one of them is a bad deal , I can't imagine Raceland being able to find a home game this late
I am thinking the new coach must have wanted to get an easier game. Anyone from Martin County area know who SC is trying to schedule in Raceland's place?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Only having 4 home games this year and SC being one of them is a bad deal , I can't imagine Raceland being able to find a home game this late

Good thing Ashland pays Raceland so well to play @ Putnam every year.......
Goina be tough to find a good game. Especially this late into the scheduling season. Id like to see us pick up a 2/3A NKY/Lex area team or venture further west, but at this point, its goina be hard to find a quality game.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Did yall just assume they would play yall cause you normally do or something, or did they actually agree to that date this next year, and then back out.

I don't remember Raceland ever playing Sheldon Clark in all my years attending/following Raceland.
Ive been told that they bought out of the contract. That tells me the deal was done, IF, that was indeed fact. I dont recal a series w them in the past, and, ive been apart of the community and school nearly 30 years. But 5 of those years i dont really recall lol.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Good thing Ashland pays Raceland so well to play @ Putnam every year.......

I believe Raceland has earned a return trip out of this deal unless the money Ashland throws at them is considerably greater than any amount they could bring in at their place. They have played Ashland very close the past two seasons and maybe a game there could've put them over the top. If I wasn't getting a return game, if desired, in the near future I would expand my horizons. Several local teams I'm sure would provide them with that opportunity.
I think waverly ohio needs a game on that date
Yeah Sc is out of the raceland game and picked up McCreary Co I believe.
IntheZone Wrote:Yeah Sc is out of the raceland game and picked up McCreary Co I believe.

Smart.

Look out for #1.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Smart.

Look out for #1.
Smart ?? More like chicken shit
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Smart ?? More like chicken shit

If it was under the same coaching staff, I'd agree.

I'd say if this was Johnson Central, and they decided to back out of the game..it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:If it was under the same coaching staff, I'd agree.

I'd say if this was Johnson Central, and they decided to back out of the game..it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Why wouldn't it be ? The issue is Raceland now has 3 home games and only 9 total. If it was Johnson central I would feel the same but Johnson central has more class and wouldn't buy out a contract to keep from playing someone you already scheduled . What has happened is sc found a weaker team with a open date and scheduled them instead of honoring the contract
I think West Portsmouth is open that week as well.
West Portsmouth has a good program ,I would think that would be a upgrade from sc , not sure how good they are going to be the next couple of years though
No doubt they found a weaker opponent. Much like Raceland did when originally scheduling SC. They'll both be fine.
Raceland didn't buy out any contracts to avoid playing
Not my point. They'll find a game. It might not be a for sure win, but they will find a game.
If that's not your point , why make the comment if Johnson central cancelled it wouldn't be a issue ? And make the comment “no doubt they found a weaker opponent just like Raceland did when they scheduled sc" of course Raceland has a couple of weaker teams on their schedule who don't ? Im sure they will be fine as well but my point is .. It's a chicken shit move to buy out a game just bc you found a weaker team with a open date , they should honor their schedule
I'm not sure Raceland scheduling SC was them trying to schedule an easy win as much as trying to fill a schedule. From what I hear in coaching circles is that local teams have dropped Raceland for conference/re-districting issues, etc. It will be difficult to find a Home game to replace SC but I'm sure Raceland will be looking.
Looks like there are some ohio schools with this same open date
anotherfootballnut Wrote:If that's not your point , why make the comment if Johnson central cancelled it wouldn't be a issue ? And make the comment “no doubt they found a weaker opponent just like Raceland did when they scheduled sc" of course Raceland has a couple of weaker teams on their schedule who don't ? Im sure they will be fine as well but my point is .. It's a chicken shit move to buy out a game just bc you found a weaker team with a open date , they should honor their schedule

* If Johnson Central was the one who backed out, Raceland would probably be breathing a sigh or relief or at least nowhere near as mad due to the vegas odds pick that they would get their tails handed to them. Ever heard of Team A (Raceland) trying to find a game vs a common opponent w/ no luck, so they end up having to settle for somebody they'd truth be told rather not play? Sure you have. That would have more than likely been the feeling had it have been a Johnson Central backing out instead of Sheldon Clark.

* Raceland scheduled Sheldon Clark for one reason and one reason only: an automatic W.

* Sheldon Clark dumped Raceland for McCreary in hopes of the same outcome.

If this had been under the same coaching staff, I agree with your chicken scratch call. They should honor the schedule I totally agree. But, you have a new coach who had absolutely zero to do with this schedule, who is doing all that he can to help breathe some kind of hope into a program and a community who has literally hit rock bottom. So, if backing out of ONE of many likely tail kickings for a game where they have a legit shot at a 'W' is what the new coach feels like he needs to do, then so be it.

With all of that said, I totally understand why you and the rest of the Ram Nation are upset. I completely understand that.

I got told by a coach a long time ago when it came to scheduling opponents, especially those who are in the dumpster. Be careful about scheduling those kind of "gimme" games, because like most things in life, if it's too good to be true...then it more than likely is. Point being that if an opportunity comes along to play a weaker team such as themselves in the months to come (contract or not), then the chances of them pulling the trigger are high.

Raceland and Sheldon Clark are on two different planets right now. You said it, every team has cupcakes on their schedule...but, Sheldon Clark isn't even in the oven for baking right now.

Best of luck to both. I'm a fan of both programs from about as far away as anybody writing about both could be.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:I'm not sure Raceland scheduling SC was them trying to schedule an easy win as much as trying to fill a schedule. From what I hear in coaching circles is that local teams have dropped Raceland for conference/re-districting issues, etc. It will be difficult to find a Home game to replace SC but I'm sure Raceland will be looking.

One of the biggest gripes I have about 6 Classes is the scheduling nightmare it has created.

Another side note, I miss the days of conferences. Where you knew outside of a couple games (other than your district games and maybe a couple other dates at most outside of your conference, as well) who you were going to be playing most years.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Looks like there are some ohio schools with this same open date

Good to hear.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:I'm not sure Raceland scheduling SC was them trying to schedule an easy win as much as trying to fill a schedule. From what I hear in coaching circles is that local teams have dropped Raceland for conference/re-districting issues, etc. It will be difficult to find a Home game to replace SC but I'm sure Raceland will be looking.

From last year Raceland lost Nichols co which was a district game , Ironton which joined the ovc in Ohio and they chose to keep Russell on their schedule , Boyd co and coal grove Ohio not sure why Raceland lost those two games . They picked up west carter , SC , Russell and lucasville valley in Ohio
Pages: 1 2 3