Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone County HC
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Jobs aren't done coming open, either. And some will have nothing to do with coaches leaving for those that are still open. I can't say which one (it's a 5A school, both in the old and new alignment), but one will be official early this week.

The inside scoop huh?? lol, Are you talking about a NKY school?
DarthVader Wrote:If you perimeter is flying up, then your're going to get bunch concepts thrown at your secondary off of the jet action, If you are faster than me, you're better than me simple as that. If you don't have to honor me on the perimeter and can wrong arm my off tackle plays which will force me to bounce with you're defensive end then that doesn't help me much either. Also, I would probably run the rocket series to get the edge quicker but if you are fast rolling to motion or flying up on the outside there are other answers to attack this. Also in Jet/Rocket schemes you are going to get a reach block from the TE player on the Defensive End as opposed to having a back handle him, The back would be responsible for what is typically going to be a perimeter player. This is assuming you are running from Red/Blue formations in the Wing T much like the old Wes Elrod stuff. If you are running from a 2X2 look then you're still not going to have to handle the ends with skill kids other than having maybe having your back help on the T reach to 2nd level. If you're even talent and you are flying out with the jet/rocket then you are going to get killed on belly, sally, counter, etc.

But what it comes down to is if you are better then you will be better regardless of scheme, every sound scheme has answers for anything a defense/offense presents, if you are that much faster then there is little I can do if I am not just bigger and stronger physically. A lot of people like I said try to force the Jet Sweep, to me it is a constraint to open up your inside game and needs to be used when your other run game is having problems in the series.

One of the weaknesses of the jet offense is you have motion in a one back set. In doing this you have very little that you can run to the backside off the motion. I have run the jet series before and I think its a fine attack, but you have to have speed to run it. We can talk ifs and but's all day long, but based on my experience, this offense requires speed in the backfield or you are going to have some real problems running it. Everything looks good on paper, every play I draw up is a touchdown. The tricky part is execution. A lot of people don't understand this. I have read so many people's posts about running this and running that, or this guy can't coach or whatever, but most people have no clue about coaching, except on Madden 2015. LOL
One thing about it, talent wins out. Every offense and defense is still hanging banners.
I heard Shaun Alexander has applied for hc, is there any truth to that ?