Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Ashland
Midee1 Wrote:Why would it not be classy to introduce yourself to the other players and coaches. I am an adult and If I meet someone I at least have the courtesy to introduce myself to whomever I meet. I'm sorry that you think it's classless but I think it shows a lot of class on Ashland's part.

It's not exactly that type of introduction. As Ashland starts their stretching, one of the coaches yells "(Name of Opponent), I want to introduce you to the..." and the players yell "TOMCATS!" Then the Ashland players start their stretches
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:It's not exactly that type of introduction. As Ashland starts their stretching, one of the coaches yells "(Name of Opponent), I want to introduce you to the..." and the players yell "TOMCATS!" Then the Ashland players start their stretches

Even at that. It sounds to me like tradition. Just like Russell kick off formation. If you don't like it you don't have to listen to it or look at it.
Midee1 Wrote:Why would it not be classy to introduce yourself to the other players and coaches. I am an adult and If I meet someone I at least have the courtesy to introduce myself to whomever I meet. I'm sorry that you think it's classless but I think it shows a lot of class on Ashland's part.

Our players said it wasn't a big deal...They know that's just something Ashland does. It didn't bother them in the least. Besides, after the game all the Ashland players and Coaches showed alot of class. That's what I always notice...Does the other team show respect after the game? How do they conduct themselves, win or lose? Ashland shows class in both situations.
JCHSfootball Wrote:Our players said it wasn't a big deal...They know that's just something Ashland does. It didn't bother them in the least. Besides, after the game all the Ashland players and Coaches showed alot of class. That's what I always notice...Does the other team show respect after the game? How do they conduct themselves, win or lose? Ashland shows class in both situations.

Thank you! Very nice post. I have been around Ashland for several years and have never seen anything that does not show respect. I know that Ashland is a classy team and I would hope that Johnson Central is as well.
Well I am sorry but I think we know who the Tomcats are
It seems like that I can recall the Tomcats complaining about the music,etc.. from their last visit to the nest. I think that was excuses. Face it, JC is the BEST team in this district. It is time that EVERYONE accept the fact. GO
EAGLES!!!! Good Luck on your journey to state!
hoopster Wrote:It seems like that I can recall the Tomcats complaining about the music,etc.. from their last visit to the nest. I think that was excuses. Face it, JC is the BEST team in this district. It is time that EVERYONE accept the fact. GO

Let me ask you this. IF Ashland goes down there and wins are you going to come back here and eat your crow?
hoopster Wrote:It seems like that I can recall the Tomcats complaining about the music,etc.. from their last visit to the nest. I think that was excuses. Face it, JC is the BEST team in this district. It is time that EVERYONE accept the fact. GO

The reason I complained about the music was because the PA played loud music while the tomcats are in the huddle and lined up on offense. However, I even mentioned that the PA speaker was not the reason we lost (I don't remember us getting a false start in that game, surprisingly), which it wasn't.

So I guess JC doesn't whine and make excuses?

I think I recall the last time JC visited Putnam, there was constant complaining from Eagles about the field goal in the end.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:The reason I complained about the music was because the PA played loud music while the tomcats are in the huddle and lined up on offense. However, I even mentioned that the PA speaker was not the reason we lost (I don't remember us getting a false start in that game, surprisingly), which it wasn't.

So I guess JC doesn't whine and make excuses?

I think I recall the last time JC visited Putnam, there was constant complaining from Eagles about the field goal in the end.

Yeh and don't forget that we had our fire department water down our feild so we could use our magic mud cleats keep blume from running and allow us to win the game! But those aren't excuses those are facts!! DURRR!!:beavis:
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Yeh and don't forget that we had our fire department water down our feild so we could use our magic mud cleats keep blume from running and allow us to win the game! But those aren't excuses those are facts!! DURRR!!:beavis:

:thatsfunn
JC with a HUGE win
Midee1 Wrote:Let me ask you this. IF Ashland goes down there and wins are you going to come back here and eat your crow?

I would like to know that as well! But you know that it wont happen midee!
I BELIEVE!! DO YOU??:redboxer::1:
I hope the facing the giants movie most of the team went to watch will give some great inspiration for the game! I can't wait should be a great one!! Im kind of obsessing over this game hope my TOMCATS don't let me down! But....

WE BELIEVE!!!
Were is everyone tonight??? I WANT TO HEAR SOME COMMENTS!!!
I think I'll make the trip to "The Nest" to watch this one. Should be exciting, I know it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season...but JC takes this one by about 2-3 TD's.
Johnson Central
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll be at the nest tonight def! JC wins this one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
TOMCAT06 Wrote:You may be right but everyone here in ashland BELIEVES!!!Confusedalute::wave:

:Thumbs:
JCHSfootball Wrote:Our players said it wasn't a big deal...They know that's just something Ashland does. It didn't bother them in the least. Besides, after the game all the Ashland players and Coaches showed alot of class. That's what I always notice...Does the other team show respect after the game? How do they conduct themselves, win or lose? Ashland shows class in both situations.

Good post theres nothing wrong with kids having a little fun and if any team would do that against ashland i hope that we would just life and let it fire us up
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Yeh and don't forget that we had our fire department water down our feild so we could use our magic mud cleats keep blume from running and allow us to win the game! But those aren't excuses those are facts!! DURRR!!:beavis:

Confusedhh: thats supposed to be a secret
I think that if JC comes out focused and doesn't make any silly mistakes on defense or specialties then Ashland is in for another long night in Johnson County. However, I thought Louisville would win last night to. So what do I know. Hope it's a good game with JC on top.

JC 28
Ashland 14
This one is going to be worse than last time. My JC boys aren't gonna be overconfident because they think they still owe Ashland from last year. With that said, bye bye Ashland, better luck next year!!! HAHA

JC in this one 34-6
mike9345 Wrote:JC-35
Ashland-7
Sound Familiar?:Thumbs:

Good job. You made milk squirt out of my nose.