Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Belfry make it past their region this year?
Btw my info about the Joplin kid transferring back to Mingo is in no way a jab at him...It was just surprising that he was immediately eligible...good for him...maybe MCMiner can explain the WV rules on transfers in that situation.
bucslover68 Wrote:So did you hear the story about the transfer from Mingo Central who came to Belfry and wanted to play football? For whatever reason he left after three games during the middle of the week before Belfry's next game. Sad to lose him(true but not devastated) and sad for the kid to waste the biggest part of his junior year of HS football....Wait, Wait....is that you Joe Kinzer I hear with breaking news from Mingo Central that the kid is immediately eligible??!! Wow!!! and come to find out he carries 9 times for 135 yards and a couple of TDs!!!! Good for him!!! smh!

I think you have me confused with some one else. I was referencing the fact that Bourbon Co has multiple NIcholas., Harrison, Fayette, Clark kids on their team.

I do have first hand knowledge of that.........
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think you have me confused with some one else. I was referencing the fact that Bourbon Co has multiple NIcholas., Harrison, Fayette, Clark kids on their team.

I do have first hand knowledge of that.........

No Outlaw I wasn't referring specifically to you and your info lol, but since we were talking about transfers...I know I used your quote but I was just being a little sarcastic and relaying true information about Joplin transferring back to MC.
One of my favorite things about sports are the stats and some of the discussion in this thread got me to wondering. How are things looking compared to this time last year. So I did some work and here is what I came up with.

[Image: http://www.masguild.com/images/QBStats.png]

Takeaways: Last year Sani was given the freedom to sling it and he did, completing 6 more passes last year than Corbett and Taylor have completed this year netting 94 more yards and a TD more than this years tandem. Corbett has only had 3 attempts however he's looked sharp going 2/3 for 53 yards. Stat wise he appears to be the bigger threat and if he sticks around Belfry fans might see a little more passing, ok maybe not be we can dream.

[Image: http://www.masguild.com/images/RBStats.png]

As always the run game looks solid. However the issue/difference I see is that the lead HB isn't getting as many touches as last year. Willis has touched the ball 28 times or 251 yards with 3 TD's compared to the 40 for 451 (5td) that last years leading HB had and 32 for 133 (4TD)of the #2 HB last year.

The lack of HB1 carries looks to be correlating to more QB carries, Keaton is a true weapon and has carried 34 balls for 239 yards and 3 TD, compared to 22 QB carries for 92 yards and 3 TD's from last year.

Hatfield who was a bit banged up in one game last year is playing pretty much on par with last season.

The biggest issue in the backfield is a clear lack of a #2 threat, last year that was Carr. This year is looked like it might evolve to be Joplin or Catron but an injury and a transfer caused that to fail. Currently Derek Wellman looks like the best possible option.

[Image: http://www.masguild.com/images/WRStats.png]

This is where I see the biggest issue. Currently there is no one who stands out as a threat. Woolum seems to have some potential but has only had 2 grabs, both coming in the last 2 games. Last year at this time while playing receiver Taylor had 182 yards receiving and 2 TD's. Joplin originally looked like he might shape up to be this years big threat but that obviously wasn't on his agenda.

Belfry is Belfry but it appears that they need to clean up the laundry, find a clear #2 HB threat and get a little more rhythm in the passing game as the season goes on. Having Sheldon Clark at home is the perfect time to toy with some ideas and I can't wait to see if something emerges.
Atl you cannot always go by stats Wellmans rushing yards came late in the game against Harlan from the fb spot.... Have you watched any games this year? Also your number #2 back needs to be able to block I believe as of right now Edwards is the guy until Catron returns....
BP2011 Wrote:Atl you cannot always go by stats Wellmans rushing yards came late in the game against Harlan from the fb spot.... Have you watched any games this year? Also your number #2 back needs to be able to block I believe as of right now Edwards is the guy until Catron returns....

I only got to see the Henry Clay game, also I was giving more credit to Wellman because of Harlan Co leaving in starters so long.

There is a reason I'm just an armchair QB and not a coach :-) I think we can agree that regardless of who it is there needs to be a clear #2 step up and be a threat.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's a very accurate statement/question. I know first hand.......

Surely no one from your neck of the woods would talk about another team having kids come in from out of district.
realityone Wrote:Surely no one from your neck of the woods would talk about another team having kids come in from out of district.

You don't know what "neck of the woods" I'm from:biglmao: