Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 70 Clay County 62
UKCC Wrote:Nope, they cheated every where they went. They didn't just wipe everybody in the mountains up home or away. Only ranked as some of the best teams in the nation a few times. Like I said, these guys must have got shook a few times or jammed on and it haunts them 30 years later. For almost 20 years, Clay County was one of, if not the best program in the state of Kentucky.

That's no longer the case.....
Matt Dillion you like to talk a lot about a game you never even watched. C'mon man!
Kayne-W Wrote:Matt Dillion you like to talk a lot about a game you never even watched. C'mon man!

Preach.
I agree KW making comments on a game you didn't watch discredits the entire site. I was at the game, and it was the most one sided affair that I can remember
Clay County was the highest profile program in the state for many years and used that position for their benefit, just like other high profile programs have done, and are still doing today. It's part of sports and life.
Litkenhous rating has Wayne Co ranked as the 12th team in the state. Clay Co comes in as tops in the 13th.

Litkenhous Ratings
Wrong answer, I was there scouting. Even watched the JV game.
Matt Dillon Wrote:Wrong answer, I was there scouting. Even watched the JV game.
For who? Whitley?
Obviously, fans are going to be biased towards their team. Yes there were some bad calls and late whistles as there are in most games. But to say the game was lopsided enough that Wayne won because of the refs is silly.

Here's a novel concept...don't foul. It's part of the strategy of the game. Woods teaches and preaches good defense without hacking and grabbing and always has. His program starts this mindset with the 6th graders and it's taught throughout the program. Wayne was not worried about the rule changes this year and actually welcomed it. And, as someone else posted, Wayne shot fewer free throws in this game than they did in their away games.

It was a great game to watch...don't cheapen it by blaming refs who (in unbiased reality) probably couldn't have cared less who won.
So Matt lets clarify this when you told us a friend watch the game you lied, you were at the game scouting! C'mon man the truth will set you free!
I wasn't just at the game either Matt I was the Silver Maine. The head referee who robbed Clay Co. I would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for those darn kids and that dog!
Kayne-W Wrote:So Matt lets clarify this when you told us a friend watch the game you lied, you were at the game scouting! C'mon man the truth will set you free!

Wrong again. I quoted what a buddy of mine said about the game. He is a Wayne fan. I cant talk to someone after the game? Second time this year I have saw Wayne play. First time for Clay. If Woods is on, Wayne wins by 15 easy. Clay has a decent team for sure, just not as good as Wayne. Its just really funny that ANYONE from Clay would complain about refs. Have you all forgot a few years back when the assigning official for the 13th region got into trouble after someone released the emails? My My memories are short....
Sounds like your as full as a Christmas turkey. Your story changing 15 times. No more creditability in my eyes!
Gravy Wrote:Here's a novel concept...don't foul. It's part of the strategy of the game. Woods teaches and preaches good defense without hacking and grabbing and always has. His program starts this mindset with the 6th graders and it's taught throughout the program. Wayne was not worried about the rule changes this year and actually welcomed it. And, as someone else posted, Wayne shot fewer free throws in this game than they did in their away games.

Maybe that's Wayne's game but it just seemed really uneven in the calling and from most other games they've played this season. They have some absurd free throw shooting totals. I've said repeatedly how good Wayne is and how well they are coached.
Thanks Tri County sports for the Litkenhouse Ratings each week.
Kayne-W Wrote:Sounds like your as full as a Christmas turkey. Your story changing 15 times. No more creditability in my eyes!

You just didn't read very close to what I said in the post. I never said I wasn't there. You assumed something and like the old saying goes........it made a.....out of you. So don't question my credibility with your number of content filled posts. I mean really.
Well then post your opinion of the game, could give two quacks less about what your friend thinks. He wants to put his opinion out there create an account!
Matt Dillon vs Kayne-w this could be a good one....I will pick Kayne-w if the game is play at the old clay county Highschool :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :lmao:
I think that it is funny how jealousy from 25 years ago can still be so strong today. That was then, this is now. Bobby Keith was a legend in Kentucky high school basketball and everyone knows that the higher profile coaches are going to get the respect of the refs, thus, getting calls that the lesser coaches wouldn't get.
64sur I have been know to wear the glass slipper, like when I carried a guy to record 14 straight spades games!
Kayne-W Wrote:64sur I have been know to wear the glass slipper, like when I carried a guy to record 14 straight spades games!

Just curious was this in clay county....:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Yes? Does that tarnish the record !
Kayne-W Wrote:Yes? Does that tarnish the record !

14 straight spades games I would say yes....Or the greatest 2 spades player to ever play the game without Ref....:biglmao: