Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 70 Clay County 62
I'm not going to be "that guy", and I know all the home cooking stories Clay County got back in the day but I believe when I say this was the most lopsided officiated game in a long time, as a witness, I'm being pretty accurate

Unofficial 17 for Allen and 14 for McDaniel. The Tigers led after every quarter except for the one that mattered.
UKCC Wrote:I'm not going to be "that guy", and I know all the home cooking stories Clay County got back in the day but I believe when I say this was the most lopsided officiated game in a long time, as a witness, I'm being pretty accurate.

:igiveup: who was the Refs for :lmao:
Not for Clay. Lol I spoke with Coach Keith about it (go figure) and he said they didn't compare to those back in the day. However, at the end of the game he was pretty rowdy.
UKCC Wrote:Not for Clay. Lol I spoke with Coach Keith about it (go figure) and he said they didn't compare to those back in the day. However, at the end of the game he was pretty rowdy.

Clay will be OK....I feel sorry for Wayne county if they come to clay. :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:Clay will be OK....I feel sorry for Wayne county if they come to clay. :biglmao:

They drummed us at home last year in a game that we wanted no part of from the get go that was really the turning point to the season. After some locker room issues they won 17 in a row heading into the KCC game at state. Clay is still the best team in the 13th IMO.
UKCC Wrote:They drummed us at home last year in a game that we wanted no part of from the get go that was really the turning point to the season. After some locker room issues they won 17 in a row heading into the KCC game at state. Clay is still the best team in the 13th IMO.

Clay county will win the 13th regions with ease...listen to me 64SUR....:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Clay county will win the 13th regions with ease...listen to me 64SUR....:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

I sure hope you're right!
Was also at the game and didn't think the officiating was terrible. Upset that I missed PCC and Hazard for it. Clay should walk in 13th barring a meltdown. This is the weakest 13th region that I can remember and Clay is the only halfway decent team in it.
teetime Wrote:Was also at the game and didn't think the officiating was terrible. Upset that I missed PCC and Hazard for it. Clay should walk in 13th barring a meltdown. This is the weakest 13th region that I can remember and Clay is the only halfway decent team in it.

Assuming you're a CC fan, that's about a 70-1 ratio from tonight's Tiger faithful.
UKCC Wrote:I'm not going to be "that guy", and I know all the home cooking stories Clay County got back in the day but I believe when I say this was the most lopsided officiated game in a long time, as a witness, I'm being pretty accurate

Unofficial 17 for Allen and 14 for McDaniel. The Tigers led after every quarter except for the one that mattered.
Why don't you learn how to post a score pal? You always post the winning team first? Come on man!!! Get a clue!!!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why don't you learn how to post a score pal? You always post the winning team first? Come on man!!! Get a clue!!!

I know how to post a score but I'm a CC fan first and foremost, I do that on purpose. Haven't you got anything better to do until football season or is it that boring in Harlan County during basketball season?
Wayne drubbed Whitley. They are pretty good.
If the officials cheat Clay County out of 100 games in a row it may be a start on evening things up for some of the fiascos that happened during the during the Keith years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wayne drubbed Whitley. They are pretty good.

That's my point, and Clay had the lead for the entire game pretty much until midway through the 4th quarter..........

11 out of their first 14 games were at home, except for one tournament in Gatlinburg. What was up with their game against SL? Played them to 4 points. Other than that CC played them closer than anyone in Kentucky so far.
rojas Wrote:If the officials cheat Clay County out of 100 games in a row it may be a start on evening things up for some of the fiascos that happened during the during the Keith years.

I knew that comment was coming. Undefeated at home for what?, 9 years?, it's hard not to expect that.
My favorite was a game in about 1990. Clay County was ahead by 1 with about 10 seconds to play. Corbin comes down the floor on a break, misses the shot, Rhoden gets a clean put-back for the apparent win. Charles Kirk, who had not crossed the center court line, calls an over the back foul on Rhoden from the backcourt.
rojas Wrote:My favorite was a game in about 1990. Clay County was ahead by 1 with about 10 seconds to play. Corbin comes down the floor on a break, misses the shot, Rhoden gets a clean put-back for the apparent win. Charles Kirk, who had not crossed the center court line, calls an over the back foul on Rhoden from the backcourt.

Wasn't there a region game over there where they flat put the screws I believe it was also corbin. And Charlie Kirk May have been the most crooked referee that ever put a stripped shirt on in the 13th
So we start settling the score 20 and 30 years later? When the people that played then are coaches, parents, administration, and referees now and it's still on their mind and still upset? Kentucky high school basketball is no were near what it used to be. I've had former referees tell me about hanging up their whistles because of being bribed or small college coaches bash specifically eastern Kentucky over what happened. The fact of the matter is I know everybody gets a little homecooking but that was a different level. It's 2014, completely different generations all around. Let that crap go.
UKCC Wrote:So we start settling the score 20 and 30 years later? When the people that played then are coaches, parents, administration, and referees now and it's still on their mind and still upset?

Your the one that brought it up !! Over the years I don't believe I have ever heard one person on here talk about the refereeing at past Clay Co. games. But since you brought it up we commended on it.
insideinfo Wrote:Your the one that brought it up !! Over the years I don't believe I have ever heard one person on here talk about the refereeing at past Clay Co. games. But since you brought it up we commended on it.

I just wanted to shed light that obvious comments were coming. You don't hear much because there is very few CC Tiger affiliated people on here. This is a heavy 14th region site from things I read. Just wanted to say I understand what went on then but that isn't now. I don't need to reminisce on it 30 years later on social media.

And yes, there have been post talking about hardest places to play or something along those lines and it DOES get brought up.
This is not a bad loss for Clay. Wayne Co is a very good team.

The Tigers remain the top team in our 13th Region Power Rankings.
I wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the officiating of this particular game. However from 14 years of coaching and scouting, here is what I have noticed: Anytime a team from out of region plays an in region team, the home team will get the majority of the marginal calls. ( calls that could go either way). When Coaches get to rate their region officials, and these ratings determine who gets to call the post season, then refs will give the in the team and coach a little home cooking.

With that said Wayne is a nice ball club and Woods is the best coach in the Region IMO.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the officiating of this particular game. However from 14 years of coaching and scouting, here is what I have noticed: Anytime a team from out of region plays an in region team, the home team will get the majority of the marginal calls. ( calls that could go either way). When Coaches get to rate their region officials, and these ratings determine who gets to call the post season, then refs will give the in the team and coach a little home cooking.

With that said Wayne is a nice ball club and Woods is the best coach in the Region IMO.

Exactly, I agree with you. Wayne is an excellent ball club and Woods is one of the best in the state. You're right on it, finally somebody with some sense. Every call that was debatable was either a block getting called late or a charging call. The referees weren't 13th region officials. I don't know if they were 12th or what but they weren't 13th. I know it happens anytime a team plays an out of region team but last night was a little worse than I had ever seen. It happens though. Not the end of the world.
TriCountySports Wrote:This is not a bad loss for Clay. Wayne Co is a very good team.

The Tigers remain the top team in our 13th Region Power Rankings.

Absolutely TriCounty. To lead Wayne at Wayne for the majority of the game, I was pretty impressed with the boys. Going toe-to-toe with a top 20 team on the road.
It was impressive that Clay was able to lead late playing at Wayne. On the road against a very good team and a potential Hall of Fame coach, not to shabby.
The game was won at the free throw line. Would love to know the stats. And I'm sure you know they don't miss. Haha very fundamentally sound team.
UKCC Wrote:Exactly, I agree with you. Wayne is an excellent ball club and Woods is one of the best in the state. You're right on it, finally somebody with some sense. Every call that was debatable was either a block getting called late or a charging call. The referees weren't 13th region officials. I don't know if they were 12th or what but they weren't 13th. I know it happens anytime a team plays an out of region team but last night was a little worse than I had ever seen. It happens though. Not the end of the world.
Igot to agree UKCC that is the worst place to play...that's why they play at home all the time.
outsidelookin Wrote:Igot to agree UKCC that is the worst place to play...that's why they play at home all the time.

Sure seemed like it. I had never made that trip before but it was definitely something else. Then I got home and saw 11 of 14 games at home.
Hey
I was at the game as well. There were some questionable calls both ways. There were some questionable no calls also. One in particular happened right in front of me. Clay's player put a forearm in Woods throat and shoved him to the ground...an obvious intentional foul and the refs missed it. Woods got in their ear so much that a time or two back down the floor they called a touch foul in Wayne's favor. It was more inconsistency than anything in my opinion. Did Wayne win because of the refs? I don't think so.