Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 48 Knott Co 46
Sos
divadawg Wrote:It's my opinion that Knott was looking for a "good player" and offered Mr. Justice a job that paid well enough that he agreed to come to Knott county and, imagine that, he brought his son with him. His son was the main reason for the offer, as Mr. Justice isn't the "head coach," but sits on the bench and works with the team! So, it was essentially two for the price on one!

Coach Justice won 42 games, back to back 53rd district titles, and reached the regional semi's his last two seasons at LCC... And he was let go. BB King was on his staff at LCC. Raymond had the opportunity to return to the 53rd district, with his talented son, to stick it to the school that didn't hire him back. And for two years they have done just that. Who could blame him?
Working late last night & listening to radio. The Killer B had music playing before the refs could get off the court.
I'm sure that after Camron went off at East Ridge as an 8th grader that BB and Raymond saw that they could benefit all parties by hooking up at Knott County.

It makes sense and there's nothing wrong with it IMO. An assistant coach hires his old head coach to give him a spot on the bench and gain a talented player on the squad. BB did the SMART thing.

However, no one needs to act like Knott did some intense assistant coaching search and they just wound up with Raymond Justice. They knew what they were getting.
Knott County is a good team but no way they are a top 10 team in the state and imo the best team in the 14th. They may beat Perry if Beverly can't play but Perry is the favorites with Beverly. Knott misses Corey Short a lot I think. He was able to create for Justice, something Justice has problems doing. He is a great shooter but can be shut down and it doesn't look like Christon and Cornett have improved their offensive games so defenses can key on Justice more.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Knott County is a good team but no way they are a top 10 team in the state and imo the best team in the 14th. They may beat Perry if Beverly can't play but Perry is the favorites with Beverly. Knott misses Corey Short a lot I think. He was able to create for Justice, something Justice has problems doing. He is a great shooter but can be shut down and it doesn't look like Christon and Cornett have improved their offensive games so defenses can key on Justice more.

I agree Knott misses Corey Short a lot more than people think. He was the one that spelled doom for Perry in the regional he hit 3 threes early when Perry was concentrating on Justice. This opened the floodgates and Perry got behind and could never recover. But the season is early and a lot of ball left to be played. Remember last year Perry beat Knott twice but lost in the finals of the regional and that's all people remember. That was Perry's only loss in the region last year but it was the one that counted. Knott still has to be the favorite until someone beats them in the tournament. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Several said the 13th was horrible compared to these 14th team in this tourney.

If im not mistaken, didn't hazard beat Jackson by pretty much the same score?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Several said the 13th was horrible compared to these 14th team in this tourney.

what is the record 14th vs 13th this year....Horrible RunItUpTheGut :lmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sure that after Camron went off at East Ridge as an 8th grader that BB and Raymond saw that they could benefit all parties by hooking up at Knott County.

It makes sense and there's nothing wrong with it IMO. An assistant coach hires his old head coach to give him a spot on the bench and gain a talented player on the squad. BB did the SMART thing.

However, no one needs to act like Knott did some intense assistant coaching search and they just wound up with Raymond Justice. They knew what they were getting.

100% agreed brother, however, I was referring to some of these kids that just transfer. At least Cam has probable cause... I'm a coach and if some day I have children, of course they're going to follow me. Just so happen Raymond's is a D1 guard... Lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Several said the 13th was horrible compared to these 14th team in this tourney.

There are 6 schools ( that is if Breathitt is in the 14???)in the 14th that can beat the best two in the 13th, Clay and Jackson on a regular basis. IMO
Paul Crewe Wrote:There are 6 schools ( that is if Breathitt is in the 14???)in the 14th that can beat the best two in the 13th, Clay and Jackson on a regular basis. IMO

Hazard, Perry, Knott, Cordia, Breathitt, and Wolfe County record versus 13th and 15th

13th region 8-0 (Breathitt beat Clay and Harlan Co.) (Wolfe beat Jackson Co)

15th region 8-1 (cordia lost to Lawence)
Thanks, Breathitt is not talked about much and beat what many believe the 13ths best. They are much better!
Breathitt is a solid team and did beat Clay in 2OT. Noble had probably his best game of his career. Allen fouled out early with 5 points and McDaniel had 12. That's going to happen 1 time if they play 10. Last season, Clay beat PCC at home and had them beat in the Classic. KCC's experience at Rupp was the difference at the state tournament. I wouldn't say they're better on a regular basis. Clay and even Jackson can hold their own. Its just that the 14th has a few more teams at the top. However, it wasn't so long ago that Corbin and South Laurel were some of the better teams in the state. The 13th is just going through a little rough patch with it's middle teams.