Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 48 Knott Co 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow upset baby. :Cheerlead
"How bout the Dawgs "
Make no mistake about it, the Road to Rupp for the 14th region runs directly through Perry County.
Knott has peaked and everyone else is getting better.
walterwhite Wrote:Make no mistake about it, the Road to Rupp for the 14th region runs directly through Perry County.

Not necessarily. Knott can always travel the Mountain Parkway. Wink
Good game by hazard. And I laugh every time I hear that phrase,, they have peaked. Keep saying that if you really wanna be let down come tourney time. Matter fact,, please keep saying that. Until someone beats Knott in the tourney,, it goes through Knott. Knott does struggle against teams like hazard playing grind it out games. They match up way better with teams that run it. Knott or Perry will win the region. Everyone else plays for 3rd place.

Mix1...
Hazard played a great game ,slowed Knott down and made them play half court basketball .
If Hazard didn't have Chris Hudson, (via Cordia (announcers said, not me) I think they would be in big trouble. No big man at all. Chris played a good game tonight and it takes someone of his size to handle Hall. Good job to the Thompson kid. He played a good game. Must be a sweet win since he is from Knott County.
Big al out coach BB tonight. Knott look like they expected to be in the championship game n didn't come to play.Give all the credit to big AL for the win. BB got to figure a game plan to go against a box n 1.
Big Al came in with a great game plan to stop Justice and he did just that. Hats off to the Dawgs. As for people saying Knott has peaked thats crazy. This region is a 3 team race and when healthy any of these 3 can win the region. Perry must get back Beverly or they could struggle.
Kcc has to trust others to score. They look for Cameron every single time. Hudson was in foul trouble late give Hall the damn ball. I thought Raymond was smarter then that, but then i remembered his son is on the floor. A complete team effort and knott wins by 10+. Until then idk about em against a box and 1
Mix1 Wrote:Good game by hazard. And I laugh every time I hear that phrase,, they have peaked. Keep saying that if you really wanna be let down come tourney time. Matter fact,, please keep saying that. Until someone beats Knott in the tourney,, it goes through Knott. Knott does struggle against teams like hazard playing grind it out games. They match up way better with teams that run it. Knott or Perry will win the region. Everyone else plays for 3rd place.

Mix1...

I agree with most of what you say. They are not going to get any better though, they only play five player. That why I say they have peaked. I will keep saying it. Congrats dogs
A team plays kcc box 1 n kcc look like they don't know how to attack it. You would think that by now kcc would come up with a game plan to attack a box n 1. Until than they will struggle against teams that play them that goes box 1.
Congrats HHS. Good game plan. They must have watched the KCC/LEX Cath game on film. They have Hudson that can play behind Hall and make it hard on him. Then they play man on Justice and switch everything. Justice is struggling trying to create his own shot. He needs a set up man and the new kid can't set him up. This years regional tourney should be very interesting to say the least.
It’s just one game. Knott County probably thought they’d pull this one out. But it was not to be. Hopefully the people that live and die high school basketball (some in their 60s) can accept this fact. Good luck to both Perry County teams in the finals.
Cordia sucks now huh?
14th is wide open for anyone fellas.
Good job dawgs, major win. Zaga called it.
I
PCC will have a rough time without Beverly.
Nice win for the Bulldogs...people on here have short memories....didn't Cordia beat Hazard maybe I don't know...LAST WEEK!
Congrats Bulldogs on a great game plan. HHS played with poise the whole night. Stayed with their game plan and never came out of it. I think Knott may have been looking ahead. Kudos to Josh Hollan on an icewater shot I knew when it came down to the crunch who would probably take it. I'm sure a lot of others did too. But still an excellent shot under very good defense. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Has Justice ever thought about posting up? The kid guarding him was about 5'9. I think Cam just needs to get the ball. Inside or out. He shoots 30 shots, Knott wins hands down.
Camron was held to single digits in this one...
And as always...

[YOUTUBE="Dedicated to the Patriots"]?v=zDKO6XYXioc[/YOUTUBE]
RoyHobbs Wrote:If Hazard didn't have Chris Hudson, (via Cordia (announcers said, not me) I think they would be in big trouble. No big man at all. Chris played a good game tonight and it takes someone of his size to handle Hall. Good job to the Thompson kid. He played a good game. Must be a sweet win since he is from Knott County.

Ok now lets see,,,,Justice from somewhere in Pike Co, Sammons from ????, Christian from JBS,,,,,, and I am not sure but I think maybe one or two more from JBS.....don't go there Roy !! They are have transfers !!!:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:
Good win for hazard, did big al make it to pantry shelf to get a couple dozen doughnuts afterwards?
Congratulations Bulldogs on a hard fought win! Keep up the good work and stick to your game plan. It often times works!
KyGurl Wrote:Ok now lets see,,,,Justice from somewhere in Pike Co, Sammons from ????, Christian from JBS,,,,,, and I am not sure but I think maybe one or two more from JBS.....don't go there Roy !! They are have transfers !!!:redboxer::redboxer::redboxer:

Mr. Justice was raised a Belfry Pirate, however I would hardly consider him a transfer. He played at Letcher and East Ridge before Knott because his father is a coach, not because he was "looking for a good team" or anything of the sort. You don't expect Brad Calipari to stay in Memphis, so you couldn't have expected Cam to stay here, in Whitesburg, or in Lick Creek.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Mr. Justice was raised a Belfry Pirate, however I would hardly consider him a transfer. He played at Letcher and East Ridge before Knott because his father is a coach, not because he was "looking for a good team" or anything of the sort. You don't expect Brad Calipari to stay in Memphis, so you couldn't have expected Cam to stay here, in Whitesburg, or in Lick Creek.

:please:
I watched this game on the computer and KCC needs to play better defense. Everyone talks about scoring but Hazards defense won this game. KCC should take a page from that and they can get better.
Ah boys...
It's my opinion that Knott was looking for a "good player" and offered Mr. Justice a job that paid well enough that he agreed to come to Knott county and, imagine that, he brought his son with him. His son was the main reason for the offer, as Mr. Justice isn't the "head coach," but sits on the bench and works with the team! So, it was essentially two for the price on one!
Pages: 1 2