Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 59 Rowan County 10. Final
@ Ashland
@ Belfry

Playoffs:
1st round vs. Holmes or Harrison County

JC has to keep their foot on the gas for the rest of the season. No let-ups men.
You worked to hard in the off-season and are having to good of a season now to not achieve your goal..... #StateChampionship
I was surprised by Rowan co. overall size. Next to Harlan Co. definitely the biggest and arguable athletic team that JC has played to date. Not sure of how veteran or young this team is but I liked what I seen out of Rowan Co. last night. As many others have said JC played a physical game. It started like possibly they were overlooking the Vikings but after there first score they turned it on and never looked back. Good win tonight for the Eagles, now on to matchup everyone looks forward to.
I may be mistaken on this. But I believe that was the first time a team has tied the score against JC this season.
I think spike abd the crew said that on the air last night,
I was thinking that was the case.
JC just keeps rolling Congrats.
Way to pull out a win over Rowan Co.
I would like to congratulate Johnson Central on their win...they were the better team although Rowan really held their own and never gave up despite having many "mishaps" (I think this is the word that I heard)... But, I need someone to explain a few things that I don't understand why they were allowed.... for example ... running up the score 59-10... hitting someone so hard that it knocks them out(this could cause brain damage) also, breaking bones and a player having to drag himself off the field because the referees would not stop the game...does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?????
blue rainbow Wrote:I would like to congratulate Johnson Central on their win...they were the better team although Rowan really held their own and never gave up despite having many "mishaps" (I think this is the word that I heard)... But, I need someone to explain a few things that I don't understand why they were allowed.... for example ... running up the score 59-10... hitting someone so hard that it knocks them out(this could cause brain damage) also, breaking bones and a player having to drag himself off the field because the referees would not stop the game...does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?????

Yeah, because some of that never happened. Score wasn't ran up, JC tried every way in the world to not run the score up. Could have easily tacked on a few more TD's instead of kicking a FG on 1st down to keep from a running clock early on. This whole 36 point running clock rule, although good in theory, doesn't make sense. One TD was off an interception also. There were several nice hits, all of which were legal (head in front, leading with shoulder) against players who were still involved with the play (less than 3 steps from the ball and could have made the play). I'm sure that their intentions were not to "inflict brain damage" on the players, however, they were blocking for their teammates. I don't recall anyone with a broken bone and someone having to crawl off the field without the officials stopping the play. It was very unfortunate for the injuries Rowan suffered, well wishes from EB. However to insinuate that there were cheap shots taken by JC or they were playing "dirty" is not the case.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:@ Ashland
@ Belfry

Playoffs:
1st round vs. Holmes or Harrison County

JC has to keep their foot on the gas for the rest of the season. No let-ups men.
You worked to hard in the off-season and are having to good of a season now to not achieve your goal..... #StateChampionship

After watching Holmes this Friday, I think they could give JC some trouble with their passing game, but I do not feel like their D will be able to stop JC's offense.
sstack Wrote:After watching Holmes this Friday, I think they could give JC some trouble with their passing game, but I do not feel like their D will be able to stop JC's offense.

I know the playoffs aren't the best time to work on "weaknesses".... and I'm in no way knocking on Holmes.

But JC does need to see some quality passing teams. I do feel like JC can beat Holmes or Harrison County.