Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 42 Covington Catholic 6
Bob Seger Wrote:And that's kinda been the way it's been proven on the field the last several years too, so I really don't understand why we've got the big superiority complex here.
Well said, Bob. Not all Highlands fans have that arrogant attitude, but Highlands has more than its share who do.

Most JC and Covington Catholic fans seem to have a good measure of mutual respect that started with the 2006 regional championship game. Frozenbird and his kind have driven most CovCath fans, along with most eastern Kentucky members off of the NKY website.

Now the typical football thread on the NKY website goes "Highlands, Highlands, Highlands, and more Highlands. How great do you think Highlands is this season?" It is an echo chamber full of Highlands fans patting themselves on the back and and attacking Jim Matney when even they get tired of all of the the self adulation." :lmao:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:NKY 4a isn't that superior it is mainly just highlands.
I agree, but Covington Catholic has a first class program that would compete with JC and Ashland every year for the district title. Bir is a great quarterback and his injury, along with others has really hurt the Colonels' chances this season. I find it much easier to pull for CovCath when they play teams outside of the region than I do for Highlands. (Highlands does have some first class fans, and they know who they are.)
Somebody correct me but didn't Blake Bir graduate? I thought Luke Bir was an RB and Wagner the QB? Blake Bir was an awesome QB though.
JC is very good this year. Highlands is in the way but they will have to play to beat them. It will not be a walk in the park for Highlands.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree, but Covington Catholic has a first class program that would compete with JC and Ashland every year for the district title. Bir is a great quarterback and his injury, along with others has really hurt the Colonels' chances this season. I find it much easier to pull for CovCath when they play teams outside of the region than I do for Highlands. (Highlands does have some first class fans, and they know who they are.)

Bir plays for the University of Dayton now.:Thumbs: His younger brother is an injured RB at CCH. CCH beats JC and Ashland just about every year:yawn:
hop24 Wrote:Bir plays for the University of Dayton now.:Thumbs: His younger brother is an injured RB at CCH. CCH beats JC and Ashland just about every year:yawn:
My mistake on QB Bir. Your mistake on CCH beating JC just about every year. You might want to check your own facts while you are checking mine.

2006 Covington Catholic 38-14
2008 Johnson Central 49-14
2009 Johnson Central 51-32
2010 Johnson Central 41-28
2012 Covington Catholic 45-15
hop24 Wrote:Bir plays for the University of Dayton now.:Thumbs: His younger brother is an injured RB at CCH. CCH beats JC and Ashland just about every year:yawn:

lol.......You better recheck that cowboy. Easy information to come up with........Taking last year out, JC has pretty much owned CC, with mostly lopsided victories to their credit..........You're either way misinformed on what's going on, are on drugs, or have that huge superiority complex thang agoin on too....Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My mistake on QB Bir. Your mistake on CCH beating JC just about every year. You might want to check your own facts while you are checking mine.

2006 Covington Catholic 38-14
2008 Johnson Central 49-14
2009 Johnson Central 51-32
2010 Johnson Central 41-28
2012 Covington Catholic 45-15

It seems that JC has played them nearly every year since the 6 class system was put in place but that's not the case. I remember there being a few years there now where you played your district before crossing districts. Wasn't a big fan of that.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol.......You better recheck that cowboy. Easy information to come up with........Taking last year out, JC has pretty much owned CC, with mostly lopsided victories to their credit..........You're either way misinformed on what's going on, are on drugs, or have that huge superiority complex thang agoin on too....Confusednicker:

Oops, sorry cowboy. Meant the other 4A team with a dental plan. Ever been to Bowling Green?:hilarious:
hop24 Wrote:Oops, sorry cowboy. Meant the other 4A team with a dental plan. Ever been to Bowling Green?:hilarious:
That's funny coming from a guy with a Simon Kenton helmet for an avatar. It is understandable that a few of Highlands' fans have inflated egos, but a Pioneers fan? Has Simon Kenton even played another 6A team this season? Didn't Trinity beat SK 72-0 the last time they met? If you want to look at a real record of futility, you should be looking a little closer to home. :hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Frozenbird and his kind have driven most CovCath fans, along with most eastern Kentucky members off of the NKY website.

I am callig you out Hoot. First, this is the ONLY site I have posted on. I am not certain what NKY site you are referring to where I have participated in driving people away. Second, I am ALWAYS respectful and never said anything negative about anyone else OR their team. I also do not say anything about Highlands in other threads, unless someone make a factual error in a statement about Highlands. Most of my posts deal with HISTORICAL facts about the school and it's team. My entire reason for starting to post was because I found the posts of Wideleft and Wideright offensive and wanted to show people that not all Highlands fans were like them.

Please POST examples of where I have posted things along the lines that you say. When you cannot, I expect a public apology.
hop24 Wrote:Oops, sorry cowboy. Meant the other 4A team with a dental plan. Ever been to Bowling Green?:hilarious:

Then I suggest that before you start posting, that you actually have a clue as to what you are posting about. For some reason, it has a way of making one look a little on the foolish side when you dont....Confusednicker:

aaaand, for what Hoot said......:lmao:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol.......You better recheck that cowboy. Easy information to come up with........Taking last year out, JC has pretty much owned CC, with mostly lopsided victories to their credit..........You're either way misinformed on what's going on, are on drugs, or have that huge superiority complex thang agoin on too....Confusednicker:

Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's funny coming from a guy with a Simon Kenton helmet for an avatar. It is understandable that a few of Highlands' fans have inflated egos, but a Pioneers fan? Has Simon Kenton even played another 6A team this season? Didn't Trinity beat SK 72-0 the last time they met? If you want to look at a real record of futility, you should be looking a little closer to home. :hilarious:

Frozenbird Wrote:I am callig you out Hoot. First, this is the ONLY site I have posted on. I am not certain what NKY site you are referring to where I have participated in driving people away. Second, I am ALWAYS respectful and never said anything negative about anyone else OR their team. I also do not say anything about Highlands in other threads, unless someone make a factual error in a statement about Highlands. Most of my posts deal with HISTORICAL facts about the school and it's team. My entire reason for starting to post was because I found the posts of Wideleft and Wideright offensive and wanted to show people that not all Highlands fans were like them.

Please POST examples of where I have posted things along the lines that you say. When you cannot, I expect a public apology.

:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:Then I suggest that before you start posting, that you actually have a clue as to what you are posting about. For some reason, it has a way of making one look a little on the foolish side when you dont....Confusednicker:

aaaand, for what Hoot said......:lmao:

Clever comeback.:lame: Go work on the forward pass.
hop24 Wrote:Clever comeback.:lame: Go work on the forward pass.

Thanks, I have my moments.............

But see, there is just another example...If you really knew very much about what you were rattling on about you would know that the forward pass has been very effective this year, just hasn't been needed much...Very similar circumstances as to when JC has played CC the last several years...:biggrin:
Concerned that someone might be impersonating me on the "other site", I just checked and no body is posting under the username of Frozenbird there so I am still waiting Hoot.
Frozenbird Wrote:I am callig you out Hoot. First, this is the ONLY site I have posted on. I am not certain what NKY site you are referring to where I have participated in driving people away. Second, I am ALWAYS respectful and never said anything negative about anyone else OR their team. I also do not say anything about Highlands in other threads, unless someone make a factual error in a statement about Highlands. Most of my posts deal with HISTORICAL facts about the school and it's team. My entire reason for starting to post was because I found the posts of Wideleft and Wideright offensive and wanted to show people that not all Highlands fans were like them.

Frozenbird, I owe you a public apology. You use an identical avatar here as a jerk with the screen name Raiderbird uses on the "other" website and I mistakenly attributed his insulting posts on that site to you. I reviewed your recent posts on this website and agree that they have not been offensive. I am sorry that I lumped you in with Raiderbird. From this point forward, I will treat you with the same respect that I give Charlie22 and sstack, who have always treated JC and its supporters with respect.
Thank you Hoot. I have actually enjoyed your posts and more frequently than not, agree with you. That is why I was very surprised. Apology accepted.

Personally, I do not like the "other site" because the Highlands fans there ARE obnoxious. This is from a Highlands fan.
Frozenbird Wrote:Thank you Hoot. I have actually enjoyed your posts and more frequently than not, agree with you. That is why I was very surprised. Apology accepted.

Personally, I do not like the "other site" because the Highlands fans there ARE obnoxious. This is from a Highlands fan.
Every school has a few obnoxious posters that are an embarrassment, including JC. If JC had the same level of success as Highlands, we would undoubtedly have many more obnoxious fair weather fans active here. There are many fine Highlands posters on the other website but they tend to get overshadowed by a few bad apples.
rebel 4 life Wrote:They beat a heavily injured cov cath. Highlands and Boyle county and Collins are in a class of there own

You joking right bro? If your going to include Boyle Co and Collins in the same league as Highlands, then you better mention JC and Lex Cath. Or just mentioned that Highlands is in the league of their own... Cause NO ONE else can come near them.
sstack Wrote:I have been saying , I do not know why people do not want to talk about JC this year. They in my opinion are the number 2 team in 4A.

I have no idea what that dude is talking about. If he is going to include Collins and Boyle Co in the same breath as FT Highlands... You better include Lex Cath and specially JC. He's a homie, what do you expect, of course he is going to say Boyle.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Frozenbird, I owe you a public apology. You use an identical avatar here as a jerk with the screen name Raiderbird uses on the "other" website and I mistakenly attributed his insulting posts on that site to you. I reviewed your recent posts on this website and agree that they have not been offensive. I am sorry that I lumped you in with Raiderbird. From this point forward, I will treat you with the same respect that I give Charlie22 and sstack, who have always treated JC and its supporters with respect.

Ah, the "mean Bird" avatar. If my recollection is correct, my father in law paid a graphic designer to come up with the mean Bird decades ago. I have one of the original drawings hanging on a wall at my home.

And thank you for the compliment about treating JC and its supporters with respect. You all have earned it.

Matney isn't perfect (no head coach is) and I don't agree with a couple of things he's done, but the man can flat out coach and lead and motivate young men. Any coach that can get his players to play as hard as the JC players do deserves respect in my book.