Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 42 Covington Catholic 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final from Park Hills
can a mod throw an L in there I had happy fingers...thanks in advance
And this is why Highlands is the #1 team in 4A!
They beat a heavily injured cov cath. Highlands and Boyle county and Collins are in a class of there own
rebel 4 life Wrote:They beat a heavily injured cov cath. Highlands and Boyle county and Collins are in a class of there own

I think Highlands is a couple levels up on anyone in 4A.
hop24 Wrote:I think Highlands is a couple levels up on anyone in 4A.

I agree.

Unfortunately I will have to agree. Until proven otherwise, Highlands runs the show in 4A.
Highlands best team in nky until someone beats them.

They're definitely a number one but it sounded like CovCath just had a few mental errors, turnovers, and gave up a few big plays or else it would have been close.

I know you can say that's the story with most teams, but my point is that Highlands didn't just beat them because they're head-and-shoulders above them in terms of talent.

(Didn't CovCath lose their starting QB and that's why the sophomore is playing? Might be obvious but I'm brain damaged so I'm not positive.)

Also, CovCath didn't capitalize on the opportunities or punch it in when they got close because Highlands will capitalize off your missed opportunities.
Outside of trinity and bowling green highlands is probably better than anyone in 6A and 5A let alone 4A
Highlands continues reign of terror over NKY football teams. Anyone know there record I know the only lose I can remember was Ryle in 2010 so besides that they have to be like 7x - 1
BFritz Wrote:They're definitely a number one but it sounded like CovCath just had a few mental errors, turnovers, and gave up a few big plays or else it would have been close.

I know you can say that's the story with most teams, but my point is that Highlands didn't just beat them because they're head-and-shoulders above them in terms of talent.

(Didn't CovCath lose their starting QB and that's why the sophomore is playing? Might be obvious but I'm brain damaged so I'm not positive.)

Also, CovCath didn't capitalize on the opportunities or punch it in when they got close because Highlands will capitalize off your missed opportunities.
You are way off on your analysis of this one. This game was dominated by Highlands start to finish. COV CATH was never in this one! This CCH team is as bad as I have seen in a long time. I know they had a ton of injuries, but even if some of them return it is going to be a rough year for them.
rebel 4 life Wrote:They beat a heavily injured cov cath. Highlands and Boyle county and Collins are in a class of there own

Really?

Highlands maybe.
Bob Seger Wrote:Really?

Highlands maybe.

I have been saying , I do not know why people do not want to talk about JC this year. They in my opinion are the number 2 team in 4A.

I think LexCath might have something to say about that next week.
SimpTitan Wrote:Outside of trinity and bowling green highlands is probably better than anyone in 6A and 5A let alone 4A

I would throw Scott County in there. They are closing the gap in 6A. Just an opinion.
Kinda makes you wonder if Cov Cath can even hang with Beechwood next week.
sstack Wrote:You are way off on your analysis of this one. This game was dominated by Highlands start to finish. COV CATH was never in this one! This CCH team is as bad as I have seen in a long time. I know they had a ton of injuries, but even if some of them return it is going to be a rough year for them.

Bingo. Highlands O pretty much did want ever it wanted against CovCath's D. From the start of the game until Dale pulled the starters. CovCath's O likely would have showed better if they had their starting QB and RB. But that doesn't explain how the Birds' O dominated CovCath's from the beginning of the game.

For the life of me I do not understand why CovCath's coach doesn't get the ball in Sam Dressman's hands more often. With the QB and RB out, Wirth has to design his plays to put the ball in Dressman's hand 15-20 times a game. Kid is pretty much the only offensive weapon CovCath has and is not being used near enough. One heck of an athlete with great size and just isn't used enough (thankfully I might add).
sstack Wrote:I have been saying , I do not know why people do not want to talk about JC this year. They in my opinion are the number 2 team in 4A.

Maybe because of the preseason polls, IDK. This is a very very strong JC team, and is very possibly the best overall team in JC history...Time will tell on that.
sstack Wrote:I have been saying , I do not know why people do not want to talk about JC this year. They in my opinion are the number 2 team in 4A.

I agree JC is loaded. They aren't young anymore. The next 2 years they will push highlands.
Very impressed by the Bluebirds. CCHS will be back once they return to full health, right now it will be difficult for anyone that has fallen on such hard times with injuries that CCHS has to compete.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I agree JC is loaded. They aren't young anymore. The next 2 years they will push highlands.

Interesting. I've never known an Ashlander to concede their district. As for Johnson Central pushing Fort Thomas, I would find that to be highly doubtful. If CovCath gets back to near full strength, they will most likely handle Johnson Central.
JC throttles CC this year.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Interesting. I've never known an Ashlander to concede their district. As for Johnson Central pushing Fort Thomas, I would find that to be highly doubtful. If CovCath gets back to near full strength, they will most likely handle Johnson Central.

Harry this isn't the Johnson central team that was all sophomores last year. They are a talented group with alot of weapons. I'm not conceding the district that's why the games are played. But Johnson central is the favorite as has looked the part. And I'm sure all the Bluebird fans remember the playoff game where JC dropped the game tying touchdown Patrick towles Junior year. And after the games against John Hardin and tighlman I wouldn't just assume highlands handles JC or Boyle county for that matter.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Harry this isn't the Johnson central team that was all sophomores last year. They are a talented group with alot of weapons. I'm not conceding the district that's why the games are played. But Johnson central is the favorite as has looked the part. And I'm sure all the Bluebird fans remember the playoff game where JC dropped the game tying touchdown Patrick towles Junior year. And after the games against John Hardin and tighlman I wouldn't just assume highlands handles JC or Boyle county for that matter.

As I recall from my visits to Danville, Centre tied Harvard. Unusual outcomes do occur. I guess it is good for high school football that, in late September, some see a crack in the armor of Fort Thomas and Louisville Trinity. The question is whether or not the euphoria lasts to after Thanksgiving. I suspect that won't be the case.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:As I recall from my visits to Danville, Centre tied Harvard. Unusual outcomes do occur. I guess it is good for high school football that, in late September, some see a crack in the armor of Fort Thomas and Louisville Trinity. The question is whether or not the euphoria lasts to after Thanksgiving. I suspect that won't be the case.

You make a very good point. Highlands and trinity are always Playing well at the right time. It's what makes those program so great.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:As I recall from my visits to Danville, Centre tied Harvard. Unusual outcomes do occur. I guess it is good for high school football that, in late September, some see a crack in the armor of Fort Thomas and Louisville Trinity. The question is whether or not the euphoria lasts to after Thanksgiving. I suspect that won't be the case.

Actually Harry, as a Centre alumni (as well as a Highlands alumni), let me correct you. Centre beat Harvard by a score of 6 to 0, hence C6H0 on Old Centre. Of course, this was in 1921. In 1950, the Associated Press called it the "greatest football upset in the first half of the 20th century". In 2006, ESPN called it the 3rd greatest upset in college football. :biggrin:

I am not expecting something similar to happen in the 4A high school playoffs this year.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Interesting. I've never known an Ashlander to concede their district. As for Johnson Central pushing Fort Thomas, I would find that to be highly doubtful. If CovCath gets back to near full strength, they will most likely handle Johnson Central.

And your rationale for that would be............?????? Just because they are from NKY???....Check the records between the two schools the last few years and you'll see that JC has not only beaten CovCath more times than they haven't, but most of them have been one sided routes in favor of JC..

Not much of a gambler, but I'll take your money..
Bob Seger Wrote:And your rationale for that would be............?????? Just because they are from NKY???....Check the records between the two schools the last few years and you'll see that JC has not only beaten CovCath more times than they haven't, but most of them have been one sided routes in favor of JC..

Not much of a gambler, but I'll take your money..

NKY 4a isn't that superior it is mainly just highlands.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:NKY 4a isn't that superior it is mainly just highlands.

And that's kinda been the way it's been proven on the field the last several years too, so I really don't understand why we've got the big superiority complex here.
Pages: 1 2