Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 77 Middlesboro 46
Interesting thing I have learned tonight, doing some research for some stats. On the kickoff play, neither team is in possession of the ball. The ball must travel ten yards before the kicking team can touch it, but other than that, it is just an up for grabs event. So, until a player possesses the ball, it can not be considered a turnover or a fumble. None of the kickoffs Pikeville recovered would be considered turnovers or count as a fumble recovery stat for the player.

Not that it mean anything, but something I figured I would add to the thread as it seems relevant and it was something I did not know.
Stats from the game:

PHS 21 28 14 14 77
MHS 12 14 14 6 46

Middlesboro:

TOTAL YARDS: 446

Rushing 44 att, 205 yards, 4 TDs
-Pittman 21 att, 110 yards, 3 TDs
-Barton 10 att, 55 yards, 1 TD
-Foister 11 att, 36 yards

Passing 24 att, 19 cmp, 241 yards, 2 TDs
-Foister 19/22, 241 yards, 2 TDs

Receiving
-Poindexter 7 rec, 117 yards, 2 TDs (Heckuva player)

Pikeville:

TOTAL YARDS: 575

Rushing 33 att, 253 yards, 8 TDs
-Hall 21 att, 129 yards, 5 TDs (CAREER HIGH IN TDs)
-Maynard 2 att, 46 yards, 1 TD
-Charles 10 att, 45 yards, 1 TD
-Estep 1 att, 33 yards, 1 TD

Passing
-Charles 13/15, 322 yards, 3 TDs (ALL CAREER HIGHS)

Receiving
-Estep 8 rec, 223 yards, 2 TDs (CAREER HIGH IN CATCHES AND REC YARDS)
-Vanderbeck 4 rec, 58 yards (CAREER HIGHS)
-Maynard 1 rec, 41 yards, 1 TD

Kicking
-LJ Allara 11/11 XP (NEW PIKEVILLE HS RECORD, 1 SHY OF TYING STATE RECORD)

Turnovers:
Pikeville 0
Middlesboro 3 (1 with JV teams on the field)

Penalties:
Pikeville 11
Middlesboro 10
Hmmmm.....very interesting, the penalties stats. IF the refs were trying to help either team out, looks like Mboro would have won that one by a nose. :popcorn:

Thanks for pointing this out PT.
Highlights from the game, with the voice of the Panthers, Mr. JD Hughes!

Great job on highlights PT. Been a while since we've seen the silver pants for the Panthers. Old school.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Great job on highlights PT. Been a while since we've seen the silver pants for the Panthers. Old school.

The silvers looked great, and are here to honor the 25th Anniversary of the 1988 Panthers State Champion team! Awesome to break them out after all these years. A true throwback to pay tribute to the great tradition at PHS.

Loved them!
Panther Thunder Wrote:The silvers looked great, and are here to honor the 25th Anniversary of the 1988 Panthers State Champion team! Awesome to break them out after all these years. A true throwback to pay tribute to the great tradition at PHS.

Loved them!

They do look great. I remember the Panthers wearing those in the 88 championship game. As for myself, the silvers would be the choice.
Don't want to hi-jack your thread, but thank you to Pikeville for coming to Johnson County for a JV game tonight. You guys have some talented youngsters. Good luck the rest of the way.
Great video
:football: Great Job Panthers!