Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 77 Middlesboro 46
Middlesboro fumbles the ball 12 times and loses 9 of them... Middlesboro is also hit with 24 penalties while Pikeville was hit 12 and 4 of them coming in the final mins... Say what you want but Middlesboro could have won this... Neither defense stopped the other team from scoring none tonight besides the turnovers..
Pikeville good a solid win but if your Pikeville you don't like to give up that many points up.
Dang where is the defense in the mountains this year!
Do-double-gg Wrote:Dang where is the defense in the mountains this year!

....in Paintsville and Pond Creek.
I'm a M'boro fan and you cant win giving the ball away like that, but if they could have stopped them after they turned the ball over it might have been different, they just got beat, they only time Pikeville didn't score was when they ran out of time at the end of the first half and when they took a knee at the end. You have to be able to stop someone, and tonight M'boro couldn't have stopped a kid on a tricycle. This might swell there heads back down to size.
I hope it does something to them... Only defensive player I seen give any effort was Pittman and Prater until he got hurt... If then dont step up its gonna be another loss next week and maybe 2 or 3 more...
Pikeville's got a high powered offense. They have put up big numbers in every game except at Paintsville and at Belfry. They score at will, but man oh man they need a defense. The only stops of the night were when M'boro coughed the ball up.
Cant win turning the ball over and committing all those penalties. Give Pikeville credit they got thrashed by Belfry and they were ready to play tonight and Middlesboro was not simple as that.

I would really like to see both teams play mistake free football against each other instead of one being real good and the other being real bad. Nobody will ever convince me Pikeville was 30 points better than Middlesboro...tonight they were but I guess tonight is all that counts

Congrats to Pikeville

Most of this board has been trying to tell us Bell/Middlesboro are fools gold so they were right now they can sleep better tonight knowing they told us so.
I'm a huge Mboro fan but neither team showed any defense tonight... And it honestly would have been a shootout if Mboro wouldn't have fumbled it and got the penalties... Even on the fumbles its not like Pikeville forced them Mboro just had butter hands..
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:I'm a huge Mboro fan but neither team showed any defense tonight... And it honestly would have been a shootout if Mboro wouldn't have fumbled it and got the penalties... Even on the fumbles its not like Pikeville forced them Mboro just had butter hands..

What about special teams? What in the world happened to M'boro there?
wow, way to go Pikeville got me 3 points
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:I'm a huge Mboro fan but neither team showed any defense tonight... And it honestly would have been a shootout if Mboro wouldn't have fumbled it and got the penalties... Even on the fumbles its not like Pikeville forced them Mboro just had butter hands..

You want to change the perception of M'boro football? Stop making excuses and take a beating like a man. Those great M'boro teams of the past had a toughness, but if they did get bet they took it like a man. NO EXCUSES were made back when the program was at its peak. Quit making excuses, a team can't learn from them.

this is what I was arguing on the updates thread and some folks told me that Middlesboros defense not stopping Pikeville this and that and Pikeville is thrashing Middlesboro whatever stuff. They failed to mention that Pikeville had not stopped Middlesboro all night either, Middlesboro took care of that themselves.

Turnovers are part of the game they happened Middlesboro got smoked. True the D was awful, but it was awful both ways.

Turnovers and penalties are the difference in this game. Pikeville is not 30 better than Middlesboro
what if neither team had any turnovers tonight. lets say both teams play at their highest level, would the final been like 77-76 or something like that. neither team played any defense
More like a basketball score. Only one punt in the game with something like 3 min. left, Mboro punted. Kicker, A. J. Allara was perfect on the night with xtra points 11 for 11. Congrats to the Panthers on this one. Wish Mboro the best for the remainder of the season, you've got a fine team.
Pikeville was the better team tonight... But the keyword is TONIGHT... I'm telling you ppl Pikeville didn't stop Mboro none tonight neither... Mboro just gave the ball away and the refs took atleast 150 of Mboros yards away.. Pikeville is in no way shape or form 31 points better than Mboro... Not saying we would have won tonight if not for that but it would have been a shootout nobody would have won by more than a td.. And If they played 10 times I would put my money on Mboro to win over half of them..
I know i picked Pikeville to win but only by a TD or 2, between these two teams it was a scoring frenzy..congrats Pikeville..
tazcat Wrote:what if neither team had any turnovers tonight. lets say both teams play at their highest level, would the final been like 77-76 or something like that. neither team played any defense

You would have had a hard time convincing people that was not a basketball score!
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Pikeville was the better team tonight... But the keyword is TONIGHT... I'm telling you ppl Pikeville didn't stop Mboro none tonight neither... Mboro just gave the ball away and the refs took atleast 150 of Mboros yards away.. Pikeville is in no way shape or form 31 points better than Mboro... Not saying we would have won tonight if not for that but it would have been a shootout nobody would have won by more than a td.. And If they played 10 times I would put my money on Mboro to win over half of them..

THIS^^^^^but that means we are making excuses and we shouldnt do that. The Bluegrassrival police will be here to tell us Middlesboro fans to analyze the game considering all those people would be doing the exact same thing if it was the other way around.
A win is a win and loss is a loss. Pikeville has gotten beat too but I have never seen excuses thrown out like in this one..
tazcat Wrote:THIS^^^^^but that means we are making excuses and we shouldnt do that. The Bluegrassrival police will be here to tell us Middlesboro fans to analyze the game considering all those people would be doing the exact same thing if it was the other way around.
Its alright let them believe what they want that game means nothing and as long as our players get their heads straight we will be fine... I dont care what nobody says Pikeville is a good football team and I know Mboro is just as good... still got alot of football left
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Pikeville was the better team tonight... But the keyword is TONIGHT... I'm telling you ppl Pikeville didn't stop Mboro none tonight neither... Mboro just gave the ball away and the refs took atleast 150 of Mboros yards away.. Pikeville is in no way shape or form 31 points better than Mboro... Not saying we would have won tonight if not for that but it would have been a shootout nobody would have won by more than a td.. And If they played 10 times I would put my money on Mboro to win over half of them..

What do you want us to say to all the M'boro fans and players? You are the better team, you just had a bad night? What makes a team better than another? Special Teams Play, Offensive Efficiency, Ball Security, Defensive Stops, Effort, Discipline, Fundamentals, etc... How many of those are M'boro better than their opponent? Please elaborate with valid arguments to back up your opinion.
tazcat Wrote:THIS^^^^^but that means we are making excuses and we shouldnt do that. The Bluegrassrival police will be here to tell us Middlesboro fans to analyze the game considering all those people would be doing the exact same thing if it was the other way around.

I took exception to the constant complaints about officiating and the statements that Middlesboro would clearly beat Pikeville "8/10" times, the blaming it on the bus ride was also beautiful.

I said more than once that they are comparable teams and turnovers certainly played a role in the outcome.... but there is no denying that the excuses were thick and there is no way you can possibly claim Middlesboro is clearly a better team than Pikeville when they SCORE EVERY POSESSION, HANG 77 POINTS, and could have put up 100 if the clock wasn't constantly moving since both teams were running the ball.

That's what people are taking exception to. Noone is claiming that Pikeville simply blew Middlesboro out and would win every game by 30... but you are what you are.. and tonight you are a team who got dismantled. I think everyone simply wants to hear less excuses.. or if you insist on excuses... at least hearing that maybe the penalties were the result of a team seeing speed and a tempo they were not ready for... or that 9 fumbles had something to do with poor special teams and an opportunistic opponent... or that a 3.5 hour bus trip is taken by teams in the playoffs every year come the Regional Finals and Semi-Finals yet none of those teams are "flat" after it.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What do you want us to say to all the M'boro fans and players? You are the better team, you just had a bad night? What makes a team better than another? Special Teams Play, Offensive Efficiency, Ball Security, Defensive Stops, Effort, Discipline, Fundamentals, etc... How many of those are M'boro better than their opponent? Please elaborate with valid arguments to back up your opinion.
I said Pikeville was the better team TONIGHT... I dont have to validate anything... My opinion is Mboro on any other night is not 30 points under Pikeville.. Thats my opinion and you just have to deal with it buddy.. You can sit here and type all you want but its not gonna do you any good... My Opinion is if this game was played at MBoro the Jackets wouldn't have lost by more than a td even with the turnovers.. BC the penalty yards..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I took exception to the constant complaints about officiating and the statements that Middlesboro would clearly beat Pikeville "8/10" times, the blaming it on the bus ride was also beautiful.

I said more than once that they are comparable teams and turnovers certainly played a role in the outcome.... but there is no denying that the excuses were thick and there is no way you can possibly claim Middlesboro is clearly a better team than Pikeville when they SCORE EVERY POSESSION, HANG 77 POINTS, and could have put up 100 if the clock wasn't constantly moving since both teams were running the ball.

That's what people are taking exception to. Noone is claiming that Pikeville simply blew Middlesboro out and would win every game by 30... but you are what you are.. and tonight you are a team who got dismantled. I think everyone simply wants to hear less excuses.. or if you insist on excuses... at least hearing that maybe the penalties were the result of a team seeing speed and a tempo they were not ready for... or that 9 fumbles had something to do with poor special teams and an opportunistic opponent... or that a 3.5 hour bus trip is taken by teams in the playoffs every year come the Regional Finals and Semi-Finals yet none of those teams are "flat" after it.
Hey are you blind or did you not notice that Mboro scored on every single possession also that they didn't drop the ball...
Dang!! You Middlesboro fan sure are hatefull!! :ChairHit:
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Hey are you blind or did you not notice that Mboro scored on every single possession also that they didn't drop the ball...

Are you blind or DID YOU NOT READ THE FACT I HAVE SAID THREE TIMES NOW THAT THEY ARE COMPARABLE TEAMS? Last time I checked a turnover counts as a defensive stop.

Even if Pikeville didn't stop them... it still means that in one of these wonderful hypothetical 10 game series Middlesboro fans are so obsessed with suddenly that you have to judge the outcome off at the best Middlesboro going score for score against Pikeville (that would not be a team being clearly better)... and at worst that Middlesboro is clearly the team with weaker special teams and ball security.
D was absent tonight. Congrats to Pikeville.
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:I said Pikeville was the better team TONIGHT... I dont have to validate anything... My opinion is Mboro on any other night is not 30 points under Pikeville.. Thats my opinion and you just have to deal with it buddy.. You can sit here and type all you want but its not gonna do you any good... My Opinion is if this game was played at MBoro the Jackets wouldn't have lost by more than a td even with the turnovers.. BC the penalty yards..

So what you're saying is that if it was at home and middlesboro played a flawless game they would only lose by a TD. That doesn't sound like Pikeville was just the better team tonight, but the better team period...
I said even with the turnovers they wouldn't have lost by more than a td bc of the penalties... Without the penalties and turnovers we could have won by 2+... Learn to read before you try to be smart..