Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview vs Hazard 9/20
Injuries are sure what hurts a teams chances at a championship. Hazard found that out last year losing Austin Johnson.
Talon Wrote:I heard but cant confirm this , but was told Fairview lost 2 key starters for the yr . 1 with injury during practice , & one because family moved . I also heard a 3rd very key starter may be leaving the team due to getting into trouble at home . Again i cant confirm any of this . I was told this by a not so reliable source so take it for what it is

I can say now this is a confirmed rumor. Only part true is Fairview did lose one player for the yr breaking an elbow . This kid was a role player , & not a starter . Also one did move , but again not a starter , but a freshman jv player , so im assuming all regular starting players are all good to go
glad to hear talon. Hope they stay at full strength. Dont want any excuses from them or raceland the week they play. Should be one of the best match ups between these two squads since 2005(Raceland won 7-6 i do believe). This one will be for more though. I will be in town this Friday in between traveling to IN on Thurs and NkY on sat. I will forgo the Rams/Hornets game in Coalgrove and come see these squads in person.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:glad to hear talon. Hope they stay at full strength. Dont want any excuses from them or raceland the week they play. Should be one of the best match ups between these two squads since 2005(Raceland won 7-6 i do believe). This one will be for more though. I will be in town this Friday in between traveling to IN on Thurs and NkY on sat. I will forgo the Rams/Hornets game in Coalgrove and come see these squads in person.

It should be a dandy , im very excited to see this game Friday , & our game in October . That should be a barn burner also . I remember that game in 2005 we were up 6-0 late in the 4th , & had you guys on 4th down & real long , then Grizzle hit Tolliver in the corner of the endzone , yall hit the pta & i knew it was over
Hazard away from home will struggle this year maybe get going later in the year I like Fairview in a low scoring game 22-20.
Fairview-42
Hazard-38
Talon Wrote:I can say now this is a confirmed rumor. Only part true is Fairview did lose one player for the yr breaking an elbow . This kid was a role player , & not a starter . Also one did move , but again not a starter , but a freshman jv player , so im assuming all regular starting players are all good to go

He must have have been homesick.

Hazard 35
Fairview 29
Talon Wrote:It should be a dandy , im very excited to see this game Friday , & our game in October . That should be a barn burner also . I remember that game in 2005 we were up 6-0 late in the 4th , & had you guys on 4th down & real long , then Grizzle hit Tolliver in the corner of the endzone , yall hit the pta & i knew it was over

Scott was a good friend of mine back in the day. Not as close as we used to be, but we still talk regularly. He is now on the coaching staff at Raceland. Imo he will get the OC job at some point. He is a very good football mind. Especially offenses. Read coverages extremely well as a HS qb. Tolliver was a tremendous athelete, Baseball was his college preference. One of the best base stealers to ever come out of NEKY, if not THE best. This game will tell us alot about both teams defenses. If they both give up alot of points and cant shore up the defense, they very well may struggle past the 2nd rd of the playoffs.
Will be a great game! Let me check my spelling...okay. Yes will be a great game. Sure wish Apache and his primrose sweetheart would come introduce themselves. I will be sitting on the home side, half way up in the bleachers on 50 yard line. See everyone Friday night and as always "B.I.T.W."
What the status for the hazard players for this game?
ballboy Wrote:Hazard away from home will struggle this year maybe get going later in the year I like Fairview in a low scoring game 22-20.

Both these teams have high powered offenses. That could be the score at the end of the first quarter. Both teams have given up a lot points in a few games this season.
Believe i am goina forfeit my seat at the Raceland game to check out these two squads Friday...looking foward to seeing what a few ther top 10 1A teams look like.
Wish I could make this game but have to be at the Ashland game to watch my old high school take on Ironton. No way Fairview loses this one since it is at home, but would love to be wrong on that. Fairview 35 and Hazard 28.
Hazard 32 Fairview 28
Game day and im going to make my prediction..... Hazard 34 and Fairview 23