Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th Region Preview
Wayne County definitely team to beat. Everyone else playing for 2nd.
Southwestern has the talent to win this region but do they have the drive and fight in them to get it done is a big concern
Woody Hayes Wrote:I just think when its all said and done... Coach Gover and troops will be a contender come district and region time.

PC has 0 chance to contend for region championship. Not a great chance to win a district championship. PC has won 2 region tourney games in 8 years with their present coach at the helm (2 separate 4 year terms) with probably 6 of those years they were ranked pre-season 1 or 2 in the region. I'm sorry Woody I see the next 4 years being pretty much the same, a whole lot of talent and no results.
PC was a jump shot away from winning the region last year and true they lost some talent off that team but a good group of youngsters coming up mixed with some good returners and good chemistry will justify this team as a legitimate sleeper. Coach Govers teams play hard. Cant count em out just yet.
Wayne county will repeat as region champs this year. Southwestern losing two of their best players will be to much to overcome. Lincoln county, west jessamine, and mercer county will give Wayne a run for their money.
Southwestern will surprise some people.
Looks to me like Pulaski county is alot bettter than some thought.
After tonight, I would say Peyton Woods is the top player in the region.
Willie Turnover Wrote:After tonight, I would say Peyton Woods is the top player in the region.

I would have to agree. Coach Woods has them rolling and ready to repeat.
Peyton Woods has scored 36,34,16, and 35 so far this year.
Sounds like a very balanced team? Scoring a lot of points is not always a sign of a great player.
meat loaf Wrote:Looks to me like Pulaski county is alot bettter than some thought.

I would say it's to early to tell. They were probably expected to beat all 4 teams they have played so far. Those teams are now 4-14 with two of the wins vs Burgin. I would move them ahead of Somerset now but still in the 7-9 range in the region.
hollcat Wrote:I would say it's to early to tell. They were probably expected to beat all 4 teams they have played so far. Those teams are now 4-14 with two of the wins vs Burgin. I would move them ahead of Somerset now but still in the 7-9 range in the region.

Somerset is not playing well at all right now. I would move PC us to 6 or 7. PC got some help coming from football as well so I think they are definitely a team to keep a close eye on. Without all the pressure to be #1 like the last few seasons, they could sneak right up on some teams in the 12th.