Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield Cardinal Preview
My son told me that the kid played running back and LB for his old team and that he started as a freshman. His new nickname is Zero. My son said he looks like the kid from the movie Holes.
If I can do that from my cell, I will try to update you all. Sportsfan, I assume you are referring to the new guy. I hope he can get approved and up and going soon.
you guys can't replace a jonathan Jackson to bad you may get lucky an win region :biglmao: I just don't no. dang good luck anyway Confusedmoke: in Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
64, what you don't understand is we have been doing this for years. We have had many great players come and go. The pride and tradition stays. We had the #2 overall in the Nation, just behind Hershel Walker, running back in the 80's. When he left we still won another 5 state championships and had 5 state runner up titles. We had a serious contender for Mr Football in 1995 in Mike Bright. He was all state linebacker as well. He left and we have won 3 more state titles and had 4 more runner ups since then. We are MAYFIELD, we will be fine. Check back with me around Dec and let me know how we cant replace someone. That is no knock on any players, instead a reflection of how great coaching and great team cohesion can work.
By the way, in case you are wondering who the #2 back was, It was non other than Marcus Moss. Look it up. He was awesome. We have replaced him, Mike Bright, Cephus Tyler, Luke Guhy, Derrick Parrott and many, many others. We didn't like to have them go, but we did find a way to replace each of them. We will again find a way to be MAYFIELD without Jonathan Jackson, Deondre Jackson and Jordan Brown.
We are up 14-0 on Milan.
We r up 35-12
We won 43-12
In case anyone wants a break down. The Varsity outscored Milan 28-6. This was without our starting DE in Kyle Downing. Downing should be ready to go by the end of next week. He suffered a bout with Mono. The JV outscored Milan 15-6. The varsity score by Milan was a blown coverage in our secondary. The lone score by the JV was when one of their fast running backs finally got around the corner on us. He still almost got caught from behind by an unnamed LB. The bright points for me were the qb play of Jake Guhy, the kicking of Luke Wynstra, the defensive line play and some great catches by Jackson and Bacon for the varsity. For the JV the play of RB that everyone in the state will know within the next couple years, Trajon Bright, the massive size of our left side d line, the Heath kid looked good and our linebackers looked awesome. We had a jv lineman stand up a def end, shove him backwards into the path of the back, reach around the end and wrap up the back and end until help could finish them off. We also had the left outside linebacker chase a back all the way to the right side of the field and hit him along the sideline before anyone else. We also had the left outside linebacker sack the qb before he could even get his feet set in a 5 step drop.
Im sorry the jv kid that stood up the end and wrapped the back at the same time was a linebacker.
In case anyone is interested, I have heard the new kid from Mo is now practicing. I think he should be available soon.
My son's, ole #55 is really looking good put there but I sure don't see a lot of similarities between the 2 of you. He must favor his momma
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:My son's, ole #55 is really looking good put there but I sure don't see a lot of similarities between the 2 of you. He must favor his momma

That great to hear :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I don't think anyone will mistake him for being from me. Sorry it took me too long to notice this. I was just winding down from that butt kicking our 8th grade just laid out. I don't think their is a small school 8th grade team in this state or any of the surrounding states that can hang with that bunch. It is great to be a Card and see all this talent in class after class coming up. The 7th grade is undefeated and only allowed 13 points so far also. But the 92-0 scoring output in the 2-0 start the 8th grade has is awesome.
Yep. Those 8th graders are really looking good. Their defense has some of that legendary pad popping that Mayfield is famous for. That young man Kyle Hurt is fun to watch. He's a beast. It's like he is mimicking Jonathon Jackson. Looks like The Cards are still getting ready to reload for a few more seasons.
I think we should come out tonight without a loss. Anyone disagree?
I was impressed by the showing at the meet the Cards last night. I also only caught part of the coaches show today but, from what I heard Coach Joe sounded pretty optimistic.
:howdy::howdy: mysonis55 do you no anything about union college :Thumbs::thumpsup::thumpsup:
I'm guessing that I'm about to step in something but, no I don't know anything about Union College 64. Now whats the punch line?
Just curious my niece start at union tomorrow an she told me that her roommate was from mayfield and her brother play football no punch line.
That's neat, small world. I was just expecting u to bust my chops on something. I'm not sure who that would be. I will try to find out.
mysonis55 Wrote:That's neat, small world. I was just expecting u to bust my chops on something. I'm not sure who that would be. I will try to find out.

I don't need a name but it is a small world go mayfield an Williamsburg Confusedhh:
Don't worry 64, your boys will play their way into top 10 in 2 weeks or so.
Alright we are about to start the first week of our varsity schedule. This game should give everyone some understanding of what the new look Cards will be like. Any thoughts? Any areas of concern? Or just anyone excited and can't stand the wait. I am in the latter. I cant wait for more than one reason. It will be much, much different for me this year. I know mine won't see the field unless we are really doing well this year, but just having one dressed out on the sidelines will I'm sure give me chills. He came home the other day with his black jersey on for the first time and was so excited. I don't think you could kick him off the field now.
We are only 2 days away from the opening game of the season.
Mayfield
Mayfield wins it all this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mayfield wll never play Williamsburg