Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky, among others, interest in Emmanuel Owootoah
Do you know what recruiting gets you in the 14th?

A better team.

If it doesn't....
you're doing it wrong.
jwill Wrote:The kid can play. He just turned 17, basically same age as justice, and beverly turns 16 next month. at this time there is no question i would take emmanual. the only question as far as college he has is the same as beverly, height. i would say both are around 5'10''. If he has the grades and test score, i think he will go major d1, without score i think eku, morehead, or some school like that. being so young, he may even go prep school route like Findley Prep. They always have a lot of players from Canada.

Justice is not even 16!
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Not you bubby. I stated you can smell it on every Cordia thread. Like i said before and no one will change my mind about it either. People are only upset because these kids are good. Ive have not heard one ill word about the June Buchanan school this year. Kids from Canada, Wesley Christian, and etc. But since there at the Bottom of the Region its cool. Once again, no offense JBS.

Sorry for getting defensive then. I would undoubtedly agree that Owootoah is very good - SEC good. I also live nowhere near EKy so I have no vested interest in the transferring.
Is it possible for him to end up at Kentucky?
KHSAA12 Wrote:Orlando just wanted a copy of the remaining schedule and told E they was looking. Why you all.getting so tore up? Not one person said they was recruting the kid. Read the thread title. INTERESTED doesn't mean what mister b is saying. You can smell jealousy on every Cordia thread.

Do you think he has a shot at Mr. Basketball? If UK is interested he must be very good. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
if justice is not 16, then how can he drive.
Morehead State would be a great fit for this young man!
Two years there then maybe he could transfer to Kentucky!!!
Held back!!!!!!!!!!!
Beverly is older than Justice if I remember correctly.
Curveball 24 Wrote:Morehead State would be a great fit for this young man!
Two years there then maybe he could transfer to Kentucky!!!

The coaching staff and team are in Morehead tonight for an Eagles game.
I believe you're right Zaga, Beverly is older than Justice. Justice if I remember correctly has not been held back, If he is 16 then he just turned 16. Can anyone conform his age and when his next birthday is? As far as age goes, Emmanuel is at least a full year older than Justice, but Emmanuel is a very young senior PG.

I'm sure we all got to drive before we turned the legal age
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Not you bubby. I stated you can smell it on every Cordia thread. Like i said before and no one will change my mind about it either. People are only upset because these kids are good. Ive have not heard one ill word about the June Buchanan school this year. Kids from Canada, Wesley Christian, and etc. But since there at the Bottom of the Region its cool. Once again, no offense JBS.

You might be mistaking jealousy for a sense of fair play, community, and a basic sense of right and wrong in a situation where win at all costs has overshadowed all these values. I am so far removed from Cordia that its not a possibility that your school plays mine so I can assure you my comments are not motivated by jealousy. But I am not naive either. You will never make me believe that all this is on the up and up. 9 transfers? Come on. Something is enticing these players and I doubt it's the nightlife or education. I have to assume the education is f the same quality it's always been at Cordia, whether it be good or bad. There s honor in competing and even losing, if everything is done ethically. On the flip side, there is dishonor in winning and in the process sending the wrong message to the young adults you deal with on a daily basis.
The point of the text was to obviously let him know he was on UK's radar. And the point of the post was to get the kid more attention and awareness of his skills. He will be getting many more looks, many.