Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky, among others, interest in Emmanuel Owootoah
Read on twitter via Adam Zagoria that Orlando Antigua texted Owootoah wanting a schedule for remaining games. No offers or anything yet, but still pretty cool.
I'm sure he was excited.
Cordia's assistant is one of my best friends, he said Emmanual always talked about Uconn, until that text message
This kid is the real deal from what I've seen ngreat attitude as well. Reminds me of Texas PG Myck Kabongo, who happens to be a mutual friend. He already has Div 1 speed and athleticism, always going after than his teammates,by hey can't keep up haha. Solid shoot, great driver, and has that MKG-type passion for the game. Glad Kentucky is showing interest...he could be a good RS PG for multiple years anywhere he goes. Good luck to him

Also, we'll use this thread for continued updates in his recruitment, because it's getting hot and heavy QUICKLY.

Quote:@AdamZagoria: UK asst Orlando Antigua called to check in on 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah, Cordia (KY) coach Rodrick Rhodes confirmed to @SNYtv .

http://zagsblog.com/articles/canadian-po...-interest/
I tried to tell everyone this kid is real. He may be the kid that turns Cordias ball program around for Rhodes. He's talked about a player of this caliber since arriving on lotts creek.
KHSAA12 Wrote:I tried to tell everyone this kid is real. He may be the kid that turns Cordias ball program around for Rhodes. He's talked about a player of this caliber since arriving on lotts creek.

Please elaborate.
Downtown10 Wrote:Please elaborate.

Once Rhodes got here he talked of some guy that got St.Anthonys turned around for Bob Hurley. Anyone who knows St.Anthony knows Bob Hurleys first 5 seasons were horrific to say the least. And Once that player Rhodes spoke of lead them to a state title it all turned for the friers and Hurley. Anyone that watched the documentary "The Streets stop here" could make an argument that them and Cordia are very similar. Both built on donantions, has a director running the school, and numerous other things. But Rhodes believes Emmanuel is that player that can turn this whole thing around on lotts creek.
I've watched the kid play and he is for real. Excellent speed, court vision, ball handling. His only problem is being 5'10'' and Cal likes big guards. I see him going somewhere big if he has the grades and test scores.
If the program did turn around, and they were a state or national powerhouse, how long do you think Rhodes would stay?

Also how tall is Owootoah?
They say 6', but I believe more like 5'10-5'11. But he is only 16 and a senior. Should grow a lil.
dh4432 Wrote:They say 6', but I believe more like 5'10-5'11. But he is only 16 and a senior. Should grow a lil.

I stood 3' from him the other night. He is about 5'8" - maybe 5'9" in basketball shoes.
If he is 6', Justice is 6'4-5, which he isn't.. Rhodes is helping gain some attention for the kid. If he's as good as advertised he should be unstoppable in the moutains.
Averaging 20 points and close to ten assists, may not be unstoppable. Justice averages 26.9 and no where near 10 assists. When they learn how to anticipate passes from him his numbers will increase.
don't think he is great enough to see significant playing time at UK. but maybe another Polson type guy?
Well ya have Andrew Harrison next year, with either Tyus Jones or Emmanuel Mudiay the year after, deff not for a starting pg job. Not saying he's not a good pg, Cal prefers his main pg to be 6’4" or so. Best he'd ever be at UK is a back up. If that's what he wants, then sure.

Mix1...
You would think that Orlando Antigua would know about the KHSAA scoreboard lol

Either way it goes - great news for Lotts Creek
dh4432 Wrote:Averaging 20 points and close to ten assists, may not be unstoppable. Justice averages 26.9 and no where near 10 assists. When they learn how to anticipate passes from him his numbers will increase.

I don't believe that he's averaging 10 assists. His assist totals have been inflated each game.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Once Rhodes got here he talked of some guy that got St.Anthonys turned around for Bob Hurley. Anyone who knows St.Anthony knows Bob Hurleys first 5 seasons were horrific to say the least. And Once that player Rhodes spoke of lead them to a state title it all turned for the friers and Hurley. Anyone that watched the documentary "The Streets stop here" could make an argument that them and Cordia are very similar. Both built on donantions, has a director running the school, and numerous other things. But Rhodes believes Emmanuel is that player that can turn this whole thing around on lotts creek.

So, what you are saying is that Rhodes plans to turn Cordia into a Prep Shool? Didn't know they were part of the KHSAA Catholic League!
I wish him all the luck
He must be a really good player. I caught some of the Hazard game on the radio, and he made several plays.
[quote=dh4432]Read on twitter via Adam Zagoria that Orlando Antigua texted Owootoah wanting a schedule for remaining games. No offers or anything yet, but still pretty cool.

Come on guys its getting pretty thick. UK recruits professional athletes, I mean the best of the best. They already have the #1 PG and #1 SG in this class and I would venture to say they could get the next best top ranked guard available if they wanted. Calipari does not like small guards anyway just look how he recruits. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but this is getting way overblown. I am sure the kid is a great athlete but he is not in UK's league. If the kid was good enough to where UK is interested they would have already knew about him and been recruiting him.
zaga_fan Wrote:You would think that Orlando Antigua would know about the KHSAA scoreboard lol

Either way it goes - great news for Lotts Creek

He probably just wanted the kid to know he is looking at him!
Owootoha what grade is he??
Senior. Suppose to be junior but had to reclassify.
I have to agree with Mister B. I will admit the highlights of him vs Knott proved he is much better than his old highlights and clearly a D1 level player. And I understand that he can get a lot better - but he has less than half a season to get to that point. IMO - I didn't see anything that said UK level player (at least nothing more than a limited minutes guy) in those highlights. Now Tennessee - that was more believable even though he looked like he was about 5'9, 5'10 tops.
Orlando just wanted a copy of the remaining schedule and told E they was looking. Why you all.getting so tore up? Not one person said they was recruting the kid. Read the thread title. INTERESTED doesn't mean what mister b is saying. You can smell jealousy on every Cordia thread.
The kid can play. He just turned 17, basically same age as justice, and beverly turns 16 next month. at this time there is no question i would take emmanual. the only question as far as college he has is the same as beverly, height. i would say both are around 5'10''. If he has the grades and test score, i think he will go major d1, without score i think eku, morehead, or some school like that. being so young, he may even go prep school route like Findley Prep. They always have a lot of players from Canada.
Great news for Owootoah! Best of luck to the young man.
There is no chance my team plays Cordia. I could care less what they do so why would I be jealous? Interest is how every school starts out the recruiting process, no? You are right, they aren't "recruiting" him yet and my comment was saying I doubt they will be anytime soon. No offense but I could care less about needing a bunch of Canadian transfers to finally start winning some games. Good luck to Cordia and their players - but your jealousy comment is waaaaaay off.
^Not you bubby. I stated you can smell it on every Cordia thread. Like i said before and no one will change my mind about it either. People are only upset because these kids are good. Ive have not heard one ill word about the June Buchanan school this year. Kids from Canada, Wesley Christian, and etc. But since there at the Bottom of the Region its cool. Once again, no offense JBS.